IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

6 hours ago, Rev said:

Yes it was complete. Intv Inc Backgammon released with both color and white labels. Just because one had less made does not negate the one that had more made.

Also, I didnt get any money for cancelling it, i gave it free to someone as a present. 

Not everything is about money. 

Any future auctions of mine wont be cancelled early. This was a one time deal. 

thanks

Very good.

So we can state that Intellivision inc. bought back the Mattel Electronics cartridges, made new boxes and did put those cartridges back on the market in three ways:

1 - by removing the original Mattel label and applying the white one

2 - by applying the white label directly on the Mattel one

3 - by leaving the original Mattel label 

That makes three variants by the way!!!?

I was aware only of the first two...

So, having said that, I have to apologize to @Rev for insinuating that the description was not appropriate.?

What I know for sure is that when it comes to Intellivision, whatever you do Rev, you are not motivated at all by the money but only by the passion and this is very good and beneficial for the whole intycommunity!?

• Like 1

My two cents on Intellivision Inc Backgammon.  Firstly, good on Rev for generously helping out a fellow collector ? Regarding cart labels, like Cmart and Kamikazi said, most I.I. Backgammons had the green label.  I've seen maybe only 10-12 CIB copies, but only 3 white carts.  My copy originally had the green cart.  I hunted for the white one for years before eventually buying one from a fellow member.

My understanding of the labeling of Intellivision Inc games is that they had some old stock, but at some point started using new components.  The double labeled (white I.I. over colored Mattel) games aren't terribly common, so I doubt they had a huge stock of carts already labeled with the colored Mattel ones.  Additionally, I doubt they peeled many labels off.  That's way too much work (if you don't think so, feel free to volunteer at Rev's PRGE booth ?).  They already demonstrated that placing white labels over the old ones was sufficient.  So why didn't they do this with Backgammon?  My guess is that they were already out of the purple labels with the ABPA logo, but they did have some of the green Hong Kong labeled carts.  There was no need to relabel the green one since there was no copyright or ABPA logo to cover up.  The white only labels might have been because of something like having some loose Backgammon PCBs laying around.  Who knows.

Pricing.  Backgammon is rare for sure, but I've never seen it command Super Series or Spiker prices.  I suspect as it gains popularity it could go up.  Maybe not.  If you would have asked me how much Rev's would have sold for in 2019, I'd say $125 max.  In 2021?  Probably $5000 because 2021 video game prices are bonkers ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

I don't recall if someone has posted this auction before, but I wonder if someone could tell how the seller knows they are white cartridges if they are factory sealed boxes?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333932504228?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I'm just excited to know I have a six pack of sealed DK downstairs that's worth $4500! Great news! 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, stupus said:

So its in fact now another variant....the schrodingers backgammon intellivision inc variant. Rapidly flashing between the 2 colors where no one can view it.

Well, it’s even better actually: the cartridge has both colors simultaneously! Basically, with one sealed copy you have all possible variants!!!

The only problem is that as soon as you open it to admire your cartridge the duality desapperars and you got only one single color...

This is why sealed copies are more expensive !?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TestaOn said:

Brand new Intellivision Console, Intellivoice, Jetsons game lot. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254997943313

The description implies that we lost another member of our Intellivision collecting community. “...These were part of my husband's collection.”

If the wife happens to be on this forum, much peace to you and your loved ones.

Or she got half the collection in the divorce. 

On 6/1/2021 at 6:47 AM, vtadave said:

$60 shipped for Mindstrike, which is one I need.  At 101/125, but may be bankrupt before long. Haha

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-MIND-STRIKE-Still-Sealed-in-Original-Shrink-Wrap-Boxed-Video-Game-/133675884367?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Mind Strike shrink wrapped from Germany 23€. Shipping could be probably 10 -15€. https://www.polyplay.xyz/Mind-Strike

5 hours ago, Morpheus said:

I bought some sealed games from polyplay: always MINT conditions, fast shipping, on certain games the price is competitive, good seller!?

Great thanks!  Looked like a really nice box so went ahead and bought it.  Too bad I already had all the other games listed.

Edited by vtadave

28 minutes ago, vtadave said:

Anyone seeing prices leveling off or going down?  Offered $63 for a CIB Dig Dug and was surprised to see it accepted.

I noticed a recent Sears Checkers that sold for well under 100.  Seems like that would have been close to 200 some months ago.