IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I think it's going to be a bit before prices cool off.  They'll definitely increase in November and December, and I sincerely believe prices of many games will jump when the Amico finally drops.  We might get a lull between now and the Fall season, but another stimulus check will hold prices up.  What we need is a recession ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I think it's going to be a bit before prices cool off.  They'll definitely increase in November and December, and I sincerely believe prices of many games will jump when the Amico finally drops.  We might get a lull between now and the Fall season, but another stimulus check will hold prices up.  What we need is a recession ?

Your recession comment is interesting, because it made me realize it depends on where anyone is at as far as collecting status.

Do you have more things you already own that you would like to go up in value,or are there still more items you are seeking to purchase that you want to go down in price first?

For me personally I am more done collecting already than actively seeking to add more stuff. I now want to see things go up in price and value!?

It's an interesting topic that would make it's own great thread to see which side of collecting anyone is at right now in their lives.

when Amico is finally delivered I believe we will need a dedicated stock exchange and a structured quotation system, a kind of an Intellivision version of NASDAQ.

IAIDAQ* could be a proper acronym.

eBay will be gold and platinum and plutonium and my retirement plan will be finally skyrocketing! :-D

*International Association of Intellivision Dealers Automated Quotation Service

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Your recession comment is interesting, because it made me realize it depends on where anyone is at as far as collecting status.

Do you have more things you already own that you would like to go up in value,or are there still more items you are seeking to purchase that you want to go down in price first?

For me personally I am more done collecting already than actively seeking to add more stuff. I now want to see things go up in price and value!?

It's an interesting topic that would make it's own great thread to see which side of collecting anyone is at right now in their lives.

I suppose it's a little of both, and neither.  It's nice to see the value of my collection increase to help justify the investment (though my primary motivation for collecting isn't as an investment).  That said, I still have plenty to collect.  My Wii collecting has slowed substantially because I'm getting down to the wire and the prices of the remaining games I need have climbed.  I'm hoping those get cheaper so I can buy them.  I'm largely done with Intellivision, but still might continue with variants, but those are climbing as well, so that's financially discouraging.  In the end, I can't control it so I just put up my sails and let the wind blow.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I suppose it's a little of both, and neither.  It's nice to see the value of my collection increase to help justify the investment (though my primary motivation for collecting isn't as an investment).  That said, I still have plenty to collect.  My Wii collecting has slowed substantially because I'm getting down to the wire and the prices of the remaining games I need have climbed.  I'm hoping those get cheaper so I can buy them.  I'm largely done with Intellivision, but still might continue with variants, but those are climbing as well, so that's financially discouraging.  In the end, I can't control it so I just put up my sails and let the wind blow.

Which brings up the question,what will you or are you collecting next?

Maybe the Evercade and its cartridges or the Amico and whatever form of boxed physical media they have for that?

Somehow,someway you gotta finish that Wii collection. 

I think that would be an outstanding feat for sure!

And even though I know the value of my stuff has mostly gone up significantly in the last 20 years,that's not why I collect either. Its the joy of playing the games,appreciating all the artwork and design, and video games are just plain cool in general to me.

• Like 2

well, apart from jokes my primary goal isn't to make an investment either. I will never get back the money I spent and keep on spending on elusive variants which nobody cares of apart a handful of collectors as crazy as me. But the satisfaction of getting my hands on a Spanish manual or on a dusty pirate Brazilian cartridge is priceless

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, intellivotion said:

well, apart from jokes my primary goal isn't to make an investment either. I will never get back the money I spent and keep on spending on elusive variants which nobody cares of apart a handful of collectors as crazy as me. But the satisfaction of getting my hands on a Spanish manual or on a dusty pirate Brazilian cartridge is priceless

This statement is my collecting life. Lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

There are many ways of Collecting... and they are all good!

To me, to enjoy collecting, it is very important to know about Intellivision: history, variants, people, playing the games, HW and SW knowledge... 

I did start collecting an year and a half ago, gathered quite a lot of stuff indeed, some nice pieces too, but I did learn just a week ago who was Papa Intellivision or that the Backgammon Intellivision Inc came out with at least two cartridge variants. That makes me think that I’m not ready yet for holy grails like a KC or even a Spiker... (but I feel ready for the Super Series!!!?)

Prices are related to popularity: the more Intellivision gets popular the more they rise.

My personal opinion is that some popularity is good for the Intellivision community, it helps to keep it alive and active, but too much it would be not good, especially for those passionate collectors, not wealthy, that could not buy any more the pieces they like...

So, I hope that prices won’t increase any more, nowadays they are may be a bit high but still ok, considering that Intellivision is the coolest platform ever made!!!?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Which brings up the question,what will you or are you collecting next?

Honestly, I need a break.  My last 5 years of collecting has been Intellivision homebrews and AGGRESSIVE Wii hunting.  The library is just so huge.  It's not just looking for games, it's:

• Maintaining lists & spreadsheets

• Becoming an expert on pricing & variants

• Monitoring online sources (eBay, etc)

• Monitoring local sources (thrift, Goodwill, etc)

• Cleaning, testing, logging, etc

• Building shelving because you ran out of space

I love it, but I need a break.  Eventually, I'll choose something else to dive into.  Ideas of projects I'd like to continue/finish:

• NES, but it's been cost prohibitive.

• M Network (making decent progress)

• Atari 2600 Activision (loose carts)

• Wii U (need around 37 more for complete NTSC)

I'm not sure what my plan will be for the Amico.  It's too early to commit to anything.  We'll see.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Honestly, I need a break.  My last 5 years of collecting has been Intellivision homebrews and AGGRESSIVE Wii hunting.  The library is just so huge.  It's not just looking for games, it's:

• Maintaining lists & spreadsheets

• Becoming an expert on pricing & variants

• Monitoring online sources (eBay, etc)

• Monitoring local sources (thrift, Goodwill, etc)

• Cleaning, testing, logging, etc

• Building shelving because you ran out of space

I love it, but I need a break.  Eventually, I'll choose something else to dive into.  Ideas of projects I'd like to continue/finish:

• NES, but it's been cost prohibitive.

• M Network (making decent progress)

• Atari 2600 Activision (loose carts)

• Wii U (need around 37 more for complete NTSC)

I'm not sure what my plan will be for the Amico.  It's too early to commit to anything.  We'll see.

Finishing Wii U seems like the obvious choice. As of this morning I'm down to one Wii U game and it's actually quite common. I too am not sure what's next other than continuing on the quest to get every Inty language manual variation and all the weird catalogs and random Inty items.

As for your potential list I'm pretty sure I would have some loose 2600 Activision carts and maybe some M Network doubles for you. 

1 hour ago, cmart604 said:

Finishing Wii U seems like the obvious choice. As of this morning I'm down to one Wii U game and it's actually quite common. I too am not sure what's next other than continuing on the quest to get every Inty language manual variation and all the weird catalogs and random Inty items.

As for your potential list I'm pretty sure I would have some loose 2600 Activision carts and maybe some M Network doubles for you. 

I see you being an Amico physical media collector in the future.....

I am probably going to be as well!

2 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I see you being an Amico physical media collector in the future.....

I am probably going to be as well!

Lol. Yes Dale, sorry I should have stated that but I will be buying every single Amico item known to mankind. I believe I have preordered more Amicos than any other human and probably some retailers. ?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Lol. Yes Dale, sorry I should have stated that but I will be buying every single Amico item known to mankind. I believe I have preordered more Amicos than any other human and probably some retailers. ?

That's what I thought,you cant possibly stop at just owning the systems!

I ordered 3 Amicos so I am on the hook myself and on purpose.?

Edited by wolfy62
Added content.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cmart604 said:

Time to form the Wii U brotherhood. 

8 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Good plan! Strangely my last game to get (other than some variants) is Wipeout 3. 

I just thought, what you NTSC guys got Wipeout…until I looked it up. ;) 

Variants is the thing, I just got all Nintendo Select titles. 

55 minutes ago, Intymike said:

I just thought, what you NTSC guys got Wipeout…until I looked it up. ;) 

Variants is the thing, I just got all Nintendo Select titles. 

Yep. I finished those, just working through all the other ones. 

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

I know box origin is collectible for variant collectors, but I had no idea they were so sought after.  

Yah hard to find plus sealed I guess. Wasnt me, I already have it but I honestly couldn't remember if I did. ?

• Haha 1