IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

3 hours ago, TeddyBear89 said:

Someone please enlighten me on this lot.......that looks like a very nice Mountain Madness box and there is a nice assortment of other goodies but $500 worth?!?!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224644277547?hash=item344dd7a52b:g:8qYAAOSwYClhZLco

Well, I’m not a pro here but that’s quite a big lot indeed!

Given the INTV Corp. games, assuming that they are all complete, even if they are not in excellent conditions, I would say that it deserves the 500+ bucks, but I wouldn’t go much higher.

But there is a mysterious game with no label, may be it’s a Spiker!

If you win I can buy you the Dig Dug at 50 bucks if it’s complete!??

6 hours ago, TeddyBear89 said:

Someone please enlighten me on this lot.......that looks like a very nice Mountain Madness box and there is a nice assortment of other goodies but $500 worth?!?!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224644277547?hash=item344dd7a52b:g:8qYAAOSwYClhZLco

Hmmm. For someone that didn't have any games I could see the 10-12 notable games getting you not quite to $500 but not far off and maybe worth it for getting this much in one shot. No margin in there for someone looking to resell though. 

1 hour ago, Omnibro said:

It doesn't look like a tutor-pro.  It has the RF shield blocking view of the motherboard through the vent slits on the back.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Hmmm. For someone that didn't have any games I could see the 10-12 notable games getting you not quite to $500 but not far off and maybe worth it for getting this much in one shot. No margin in there for someone looking to resell though. 

It is now up to $760.......even if that Super Pro Intellivision system was in mint shape with box and inserts (instead of the junker it appears to be) this is nuts.

It is a little suspicious that a bidder with only 1 feedback is contributing to running the bidding up but still.....I am fascinated by this auction.  Cue up the Michael Jackson eating popcorn meme!

15 hours ago, Rick Reynolds said:

It doesn't look like a tutor-pro.  It has the RF shield blocking view of the motherboard through the vent slits on the back.

@Rick Reynolds could you verify that the information in the new Intellivision FAQ is correct on Tutorvision visual detection? Section 2, item 2.4 at https://www.intvprime.com/intellivision-faq/ ? If it needs wordsmithing I can get that part changed.

Thanks.

55 minutes ago, TeddyBear89 said:

It is now up to $760.......even if that Super Pro Intellivision system was in mint shape with box and inserts (instead of the junker it appears to be) this is nuts.

It is a little suspicious that a bidder with only 1 feedback is contributing to running the bidding up but still.....I am fascinated by this auction.  Cue up the Michael Jackson eating popcorn meme!

Yah that feels a lot like a shill bid. Best to back away. Lol

2 hours ago, First Spear said:

@Rick Reynolds could you verify that the information in the new Intellivision FAQ is correct on Tutorvision visual detection? Section 2, item 2.4 at https://www.intvprime.com/intellivision-faq/ ? If it needs wordsmithing I can get that part changed.

Thanks.

Well, @Lathe26 is probably the real expert...  But I'll chime in with what I think I know:

• In the main Tutorvision section, the FAQ mentions that several have been found.  I think I've only heard about 2 (maybe a third at Intellivision Entertainment)?  Maybe others can chime in if I'm wrong about that.  But "several" might be overselling it a bit (??).
  • The FAQ calls these items "Super Pro Tutorvisions". I think that's a bit misleading as "Super Pro" usually connotes an upgraded or improved version of something in the Intellivision community.  The units we've been finding in Super Pro shells are not upgrades from a Tutorvision (maybe slight down-grades...).  Colloquially, we've been calling them "Tutor-Pro Systems", a portmanteau of Tutor and Super Pro.  It might be better to refer to them in the FAQ as "Tutor-Pro Systems" or "Tutor-Pro Intellivisions".
  • The FAQ mentions that the Tutorvision boards were placed into System III units and sold as regular Intellivisions.  I don't know if we've found any in System III shells.  All the ones I know of have been found inside Super Pro System units.  Admittedly all the Super Pros I've seen have a sticker on the bottom calling it a "System III", but still... 
  • The FAQ mentions the four pieces of the Tutor Pro that might vary from unit to unit.  I honestly don't know what combinations we've actually found.  I know a couple of them have been found with the WBEXEC ROM on board (or REX ROM) and a few (like mine) have the regular EXEC ROM.  Has the community found Intv88 boards out there with all four of those bits varying?  Is there a list somewhere of all the known Tutor Pros out there and who owns them?
  • You mention looking through the vent slits in the bottom to see if you can view the board.  That's usually a tell-tale sign that the system contains an Intv88 board.  But I think @Lathe26 has put together a checklist of sorts of things you can check: the font used on regular carts at the title screen, if the mountains in Astrosmash have an extra pixel on the right, if the hockey rink in Slapshot hockey is fully rounded on the lower right corner, if worm whomper's graphics look messed up, etc.  Not sure if you want all of that detail in the FAQ or not, but there are a number of checks folks can do with regular game carts.  @freewheel also made a rom image that would tell you what kind of board you have and what is on it, as well as releasing his FW Diagnostics cart that will tell you those details (both of those are available from his website as freebie roms).  Of course to test actual hardware, you'd need a multicart to load the roms with...
  • A couple typos I noticed:
    • "There are four knon "Super Pro TutorVision" versions of consoles."
    • "It may be that the Tutorvision STIC is the same as the conventional STIC, but with aditional address lines to access the full 2k RAM"

Hopefully that's not more feedback than you wanted!  :)  I do work in QA, after all...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rick Reynolds said:

Well, @Lathe26 is probably the real expert...  But I'll chime in with what I think I know:

• In the main Tutorvision section, the FAQ mentions that several have been found.  I think I've only heard about 2 (maybe a third at Intellivision Entertainment)?  Maybe others can chime in if I'm wrong about that.  But "several" might be overselling it a bit (??).
  • The FAQ calls these items "Super Pro Tutorvisions". I think that's a bit misleading as "Super Pro" usually connotes an upgraded or improved version of something in the Intellivision community.  The units we've been finding in Super Pro shells are not upgrades from a Tutorvision (maybe slight down-grades...).  Colloquially, we've been calling them "Tutor-Pro Systems", a portmanteau of Tutor and Super Pro.  It might be better to refer to them in the FAQ as "Tutor-Pro Systems" or "Tutor-Pro Intellivisions".
  • The FAQ mentions that the Tutorvision boards were placed into System III units and sold as regular Intellivisions.  I don't know if we've found any in System III shells.  All the ones I know of have been found inside Super Pro System units.  Admittedly all the Super Pros I've seen have a sticker on the bottom calling it a "System III", but still... 
  • The FAQ mentions the four pieces of the Tutor Pro that might vary from unit to unit.  I honestly don't know what combinations we've actually found.  I know a couple of them have been found with the WBEXEC ROM on board (or REX ROM) and a few (like mine) have the regular EXEC ROM.  Has the community found Intv88 boards out there with all four of those bits varying?  Is there a list somewhere of all the known Tutor Pros out there and who owns them?
  • You mention looking through the vent slits in the bottom to see if you can view the board.  That's usually a tell-tale sign that the system contains an Intv88 board.  But I think @Lathe26 has put together a checklist of sorts of things you can check: the font used on regular carts at the title screen, if the mountains in Astrosmash have an extra pixel on the right, if the hockey rink in Slapshot hockey is fully rounded on the lower right corner, if worm whomper's graphics look messed up, etc.  Not sure if you want all of that detail in the FAQ or not, but there are a number of checks folks can do with regular game carts.  @freewheel also made a rom image that would tell you what kind of board you have and what is on it, as well as releasing his FW Diagnostics cart that will tell you those details (both of those are available from his website as freebie roms).  Of course to test actual hardware, you'd need a multicart to load the roms with...
    • "It may be that the Tutorvision STIC is the same as the conventional STIC, but with aditional address lines to access the full 2k RAM"

Hopefully that's not more feedback than you wanted!  :)  I do work in QA, after all...

Perfect. Thanks for the clarification(s)!

@Rick Reynolds, if you are able to update the text to make it accurate, I'll make sure it gets update by the FAQ maintainers at Intv Prime.

Thanks again!

11 hours ago, Rick Reynolds said:

Here's my feedback on the site:

• (agree with Rick) The early term used was "Super Pro Tutorvision" but it soon shifted to "Tutor Pro".  I recommend using the term "Tutor Pro" in the FAQ and only briefly say "a.k.a. Super Pro Tutorvision" once.
  • (agree with Rick) Only 2 versions of Tutor Pro have been found: those with the original EXEC ROM and those with the newer WBEXEC ROM.  The INTV88 boards always have the all the other Tutorvision upgrades.  Early on, it was theorized that the upgrades might be more mix-and-match but none were found, to my knowledge.  For example, the newer STIC 1A chip has a physically different shape than the original STIC chip which means that that the original STIC chip can't go into an INTV88 board.
  • (agree with Rick) I don't think that an INTV88 board has been found in any System III plastics, only in Super Pro System plastics.
  • Several Tutor Pros have been found.  For example, I myself own 3 of them: 1 full Tutor Pro (WBEXEC  ROM) and 2 partial Tutor Pros (EXEC ROM).  I stopped counting after 8 were found (4 with WBEXEC ROM).  Maybe @JasonlikesINTV has a complete list?

On 10/20/2021 at 10:20 PM, Lathe26 said:

Here's my feedback on the site:

• (agree with Rick) The early term used was "Super Pro Tutorvision" but it soon shifted to "Tutor Pro".  I recommend using the term "Tutor Pro" in the FAQ and only briefly say "a.k.a. Super Pro Tutorvision" once.
  • (agree with Rick) Only 2 versions of Tutor Pro have been found: those with the original EXEC ROM and those with the newer WBEXEC ROM.  The INTV88 boards always have the all the other Tutorvision upgrades.  Early on, it was theorized that the upgrades might be more mix-and-match but none were found, to my knowledge.  For example, the newer STIC 1A chip has a physically different shape than the original STIC chip which means that that the original STIC chip can't go into an INTV88 board.
  • (agree with Rick) I don't think that an INTV88 board has been found in any System III plastics, only in Super Pro System plastics.
  • Several Tutor Pros have been found.  For example, I myself own 3 of them: 1 full Tutor Pro (WBEXEC  ROM) and 2 partial Tutor Pros (EXEC ROM).  I stopped counting after 8 were found (4 with WBEXEC ROM).  Maybe @JasonlikesINTV has a complete list?

My friend has this system he had suddenly stop working for him,so he was not able to test it with the diagnostic cart. 

It caught my eye because of the low serial # :

Is there anyone who repairs Intellivisions? It is probably an easy fix for someone with a little knowledge. 

like maybe a little cleaning or just a loose wire or burned out item in it.

20211023_115317.jpg

20211023_114735.jpg

Edited by wolfy62
Adding info.
  • Like 1

Some big shooters on eBay..

Learning Fun I: https://www.ebay.com/itm/224646672017?hash=item344dfc2e91:g:DaAAAOSwlQ5hZ6wX

Learning Fun 2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/224646670134?hash=item344dfc2736:g:BCYAAOSwoHxhZ6t9

Stadium Mud Buggies: https://www.ebay.com/itm/224646670134?hash=item344dfc2736:g:BCYAAOSwoHxhZ6t9

Several others from the same seller, though boxes are a big rough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Omnibro said:

Got Blockade Runner from that seller, since I didn't have the color manual overlay version of it.  That guy looks like he's selling his whole collection.  He has posted a bunch of stuff over the last week or so.  Wish I could afford some of it.

Congrats Dude,

You had already the rare one!?

• Like 1