IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

6 hours ago, kjstefancic said:

Intellivision Night Stalker Book Cover
Anybody have one of these? Here's a link to a history of an eBay auction for one
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/intellivision-night-stalker-1982-book-286632382

ADDE2C53-5157-4939-B300-26C2288DEC86.jpg

3 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

I have one.  Due to its large size, I keep it rolled up in a tube to protect it from damage.

Yah I think mine is rolled up in a tube as well 

5 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Anybody here win this?

I was going to bid but couldnt stay awake long enough..lol.  Too bad they are all damaged with Permanent marker. I was going to put a $45 bid in.. just because of all the games.. but they are still damaged. There are a few ways to try and get the ink off but because of the thickness of ink & long time it has been on there, i doubt it would lift much... maybe just lighten it a bit. I'm not too upset i didnt get it. It would be a good buy if you needed it though.

4 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I was going to bid but couldnt stay awake long enough..lol.  Too bad they are all damaged with Permanent marker. I was going to put a $45 bid in.. just because of all the games.. but they are still damaged. There are a few ways to try and get the ink off but because of the thickness of ink & long time it has been on there, i doubt it would lift much... maybe just lighten it a bit. I'm not too upset i didnt get it. It would be a good buy if you needed it though.

Yeah, all this guys titles have marker on them.  That sucks.  I did buy a boxed Crazy Climber 2600 from him at a good price because I’ve always wanted it, but hoping I can do something about the marker.  The box is really nice otherwise.  

1 hour ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

He said he bought the lot from a lady that owned an old rental store from back in the 80s & 90s.

But yeah, too bad about the marker. Im assuming the manuals and carts are marked as well.

That makes a lot of sense. Should have thought of that.  

On 5/16/2022 at 10:05 PM, JasonlikesINTV said:

Anybody here win this?

20 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I'll report on how bad the Permanent markings are / whether it's repairable.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mojotv67 said:

I'll report on how bad the Permanent markings are / whether it's repairable.  

Yes Mojo... keep us posted. Im curious if the marker can be lifted somewhat. PM me if you want some alternatives. I have a few tricks, as does Humblejack im sure. Whatever you do, dont saturate the cardboard with any liquid. That will just cause staining.

Rubbing alcohol is a great solvent for ink. Sometimes ink will wipe right off with it cleanly. 

It just depends how porous the surface is.

Just avoid getting too wet or rubbing hard or very long at all.

Try it in a tiny spot on the least important 1 first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JoeM_Intellivision said:

Maybe the1hatman can weigh in as he has done some amazing work restoring terrible boxes so I’m sure he knows some tricks that work. (Magic eraser maybe?).

stupus is correct, rubbing alcohol usually can remove permanent marker. The trick is can you do it without also taking out part of the box artwork underneath? The issue with permanent marker isn't that it's hard to remove but that erasing it all comes down to how much pressure you use. The harder you press the easier it comes off but that same pressure has a tendency to damage the underlying cardboard if you use too much.

Goo Gone also takes off permanent marker with much less force needed but it has its own issue with soaking into the cardboard and staining it permanently since it is oil based. So either method has its risks.

Magic Eraser is a no-go for cardboard since it is little more than really fine sandpaper. It's great on hard surfaces like glass or tile but can damage even wood finishes if pressed too hard and will go right through the graphics on cardboard. Avoid at all costs.

• Like 3