IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

My ball stomping Reverence from the Magic Carousel thread was my prediction of the outcome of this auction. I wish I had an animated gif that could properly convey the beatdown to Rev's balls on this one :) In retrospect, if Cmart and I had worked out a deal on this ahead of time, one of us could have bought it MUCH cheaper...lol. I was fairly determined and had crazy in my eyes on this one....and overpaid juuuust a tad :)

Yah I figured you weren't likely to miss this one. :) that said I didn't realize you would go that crazy. In hindsight I just put in a random high value bid and didn't really think it through. Lol!

As boxpressed pointed out, the third place bidder had what is more likely the true value bid of around $25-30. We'll see what happens next time

Saying nothing of the condition of this one (I'll know more when I see it), I'd say a decent condition one would be worth around $40-75. I'm willing to bet it's much rarer than Sears Backgammon.

I'd agree that it's rarer than the Sears one, but then so few of us care about either of them. :)

Yah I figured you weren't likely to miss this one. :) that said I didn't realize you would go that crazy. In hindsight I just put in a random high value bid and didn't really think it through. Lol!

As boxpressed pointed out, the third place bidder had what is more likely the true value bid of around $25-30. We'll see what happens next time

I had this in my sights but given that this was wrapping up at 7:30am my time I of course forgot to put in a higher bid. Of course that higher bid would not go past $30 anyway so not a chance... Jason, if I may say so I think you are way too deep in the variants, need to slow it down. That is a lot of $$ to pay for a mediocre looking specimen. Having said that, however, I am of course envious of you for getting this.

My statement assumed that you either didn't see it or had already acquired a copy. I may not be the brightest, but I do know I can't compete in an auction with you :D

Lol! I lose auctions all the time. Some folks are just crazier than others at times. :)

But....all the pics....odd. Did he take the pics long ago and forget he sold it? Or just realized the value of a sealed gatefold and wanted to keep it. The normal sealed one is ~$15. Not sure on the gatefold pricing, although $60 seems fair for a sealed gatefold.

Well, it arrived today. Certainly not a cheap or issue-free ordeal, but I'm happy to finally have this:

Backgammon (Intellivision Inc)

The seller packaged the games in a fairly sturdy box with packing peanuts. Most were in terrible condition. The seller also threw in a few extra goodies (2 loose common carts and 2 Night Stalker overlays) :roll: My only real complaint was that when I went to open up the Backgammon box and remove the cart I noticed that it was stuck. I eventually got it out - only to realize that it was a bent up manual holding it in place. Apparently when they packed it up, they put the manual in first...then crammed in the cart. Not going in? Just push harder :mad: I think I can salvage the manual, but throw me a friggin' bone already.

Speaking of the cart, it's the purple Mattel one. It wasn't pictured in the auction and I didn't ask....my fault. I figured there would be little chance of it having the Intellivision Inc box and manual, but the wrong cart. I know it exists because I saw one on eBay a while back. Should have bought that one :twisted: Steve also has one.

Speaking of who has these...other than Steve, does any one else have an Intellivision Inc Backgammon? I'm genuinely under the impression that these are highly rare. Steve has the only one I know of (other than mine.....which is partial :( ). I'm extremely interested if there are others, but I swear if 10 people come out showing off their copies I'm 100% quitting Intellivision for good! :P

There was also a Lock N Chase in the bunch. It's not 8k. It's not even 6k. It's 4k :|

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Sorry to hear that the label wasn't the right one. Glad I didn't get caught up in a bidding war to stash an extra one in the vault. :P

I know of another person who has it - the one who helped me out by sending me his extra partial. It's short a pair of overlays. Technically, only one overlay short - I don't think there is an I.I.-specific revision of the overlays, and I have one loose one. I could use a decent manual for SNAFU. I picked one up that's hermetically sealed -- apparently to keep the mold that's infested it from spreading. (!!)

Sorry to hear that the label wasn't the right one. Glad I didn't get caught up in a bidding war to stash an extra one in the vault. :P

I know of another person who has it - the one who helped me out by sending me his extra partial. It's short a pair of overlays. Technically, only one overlay short - I don't think there is an I.I.-specific revision of the overlays, and I have one loose one. I could use a decent manual for SNAFU. I picked one up that's hermetically sealed -- apparently to keep the mold that's infested it from spreading. (!!)

Wait, your Snafu manual is hermetically sealed, or the whole CIB game is sealed/moldy? I have an extra Snafu, but it might be missing the manual. I'll check.

I got a really nasty SNAFU that (according to the seller) experienced water damage in a hurricane. It came with a German SNAFU manual, an Intellivision Inc. SNAFU manual, and was in the Eurozone box. The box is clearly water damaged, has some clear tape on the front (packing type tape) and red duct tape on the interior to bolster it. The manuals are sealed in plastic by what seems to be one of those home sealing thingers for freezing stuff. I guess whoever had it was going to be damn sure no further water damage ever happened to the manual. Got it solely because of the manuals. Haven't even opened them yet.

post-35516-0-37676800-1391057845_thumb.jpg

post-35516-0-04441600-1391057846_thumb.jpg