IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Well, it arrived today. Certainly not a cheap or issue-free ordeal, but I'm happy to finally have this:

The seller packaged the games in a fairly sturdy box with packing peanuts. Most were in terrible condition. The seller also threw in a few extra goodies (2 loose common carts and 2 Night Stalker overlays) :roll: My only real complaint was that when I went to open up the Backgammon box and remove the cart I noticed that it was stuck. I eventually got it out - only to realize that it was a bent up manual holding it in place. Apparently when they packed it up, they put the manual in first...then crammed in the cart. Not going in? Just push harder :mad: I think I can salvage the manual, but throw me a friggin' bone already.

Speaking of the cart, it's the purple Mattel one. It wasn't pictured in the auction and I didn't ask....my fault. I figured there would be little chance of it having the Intellivision Inc box and manual, but the wrong cart. I know it exists because I saw one on eBay a while back. Should have bought that one :twisted: Steve also has one.

Speaking of who has these...other than Steve, does any one else have an Intellivision Inc Backgammon? I'm genuinely under the impression that these are highly rare. Steve has the only one I know of (other than mine.....which is partial :( ). I'm extremely interested if there are others, but I swear if 10 people come out showing off their copies I'm 100% quitting Intellivision for good! :P

There was also a Lock N Chase in the bunch. It's not 8k. It's not even 6k. It's 4k :|

You can count me as one that DOESN'T have the INTV Backgammon. I've been trying to finish my INTV Inc. collection (loose & CIB) and am very close but this is one that I've yet to grab. I think I'm down to 2-3 white labels I need. I haven't done an inventory update since before Christmas and I've been buying heavily so I'm not exactly sure at the moment.

does someone really need a snafu manual? how th ehck is that rare? anywho. i did have a backgammon in purple dont know if i resold it or not. been concentrating n replacing with the newer color manuals. if any interest let me know. ANYONE for that matter ive been buyijn and sellin like its goin out of stryle and i decided alot of my original stuff can go. want the color newer stuff. got ,y pole potion and mud buggies today. wasnt as good an i thought but i got what i wanted. im a LITTLE crazy but whatcha gonna do!?:)......scot

does someone really need a snafu manual? how th ehck is that rare? anywho. i did have a backgammon in purple dont know if i resold it or not. been concentrating n replacing with the newer color manuals. if any interest let me know. ANYONE for that matter ive been buyijn and sellin like its goin out of stryle and i decided alot of my original stuff can go. want the color newer stuff. got ,y pole potion and mud buggies today. wasnt as good an i thought but i got what i wanted. im a LITTLE crazy but whatcha gonna do!? :)......scot

The "black and white" games are an interesting bunch. The INTV ones http://www.intvfunhouse.com/intvcorp/ only came with black and white manuals and carts. They are all pretty rare and worth a fair amount. Most of the Intellivision Inc games http://www.intvfunhouse.com/intellivisioninc/ are pretty common and only collectible to those who specifically want them (like me). Most of those are easy to find, but apparently a few are really rare. Among the rarest are Super Series Big League Baseball, Backgammon, Roulette, Math Fun, etc. Here's a thread talking about (and ranking) some of the rarest Intellivision Inc games (my ranking was post #5):

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217616-top-10-rarest-intellivision-inc-titles/?hl=%2Brarest+%2Bintellivision+%2Binc+%2Bgames&do=findComment&comment=2847391

The Intellivision Inc Snafu is probably in the top 10, but it's not impossible to find. Steve was referring the manual for this version (the Intellivision Inc with the black and white manual). The normal monochrome color version of the manual is very common.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

well im not sre, i have tons of manual like roulette u mentiion that r PURPLE oultine and black print. if been replacin such with ALL color versions. all my original stuff is some sort of BORDER color. the newer stuff i come across is all black and white. thats not what im referring to. the stuff i had since wasa kid was simply a colored surround and black and white text. u all r the experts!:) nobody seems to be excited about my pole position and mud buggies so maybe im of no interest to u hard core guys!:) feel free to ask for things as like i said im buyin and sellin and things of interest to others i may not thin rare or whatever may be. majority is probly gone but im gonna buy for a for another 6 months probly:)......scot

well im not sre, i have tons of manual like roulette u mentiion that r PURPLE oultine and black print. if been replacin such with ALL color versions. all my original stuff is some sort of BORDER color. the newer stuff i come across is all black and white. thats not what im referring to. the stuff i had since wasa kid was simply a colored surround and black and white text. u all r the experts! :) nobody seems to be excited about my pole position and mud buggies so maybe im of no interest to u hard core guys! :) feel free to ask for things as like i said im buyin and sellin and things of interest to others i may not thin rare or whatever may be. majority is probly gone but im gonna buy for a for another 6 months probly:)......scot

Nice pickup on the Stadium Mud Buggies :grin: Is it just loose or CIB? I have a loose one, but have been wanting the CIB. At $300+ it's a little pricey for me now.

Common Roulette Manual:

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/mattel/manual/roul-002.jpg

Original Full Color Roulette Manual:

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/mattel/manual/roul-000.jpg

Sears Super Video Arcade Roulette Manual:

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/sears/manual/roul-110.jpg

Intellivision Inc Roulette Manual (Black & White....looks like a photocopy):

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/intellivisioninc/manual/roul-100.jpg

Yah I saw them in the completed auctions section yesterday along with a couple of other BINs and wondered if it was "sellers screwing themselves out of money" day. :)

I can't confirm that it was "sellers screwing themselves out of money" day until the items are in hand, they won't be shipped until tomorrow :-D.

Ugh. It makes me sad to see LF boxes so beaten up. I'd be scared to win this auction if the folks at customs decide this is one of the boxes they decide to cut open and damage.

Me too, that LF2 is especially rough. It's already over $560. I want LF2, but I would prob pass at this price. I always struggle valuing rare games in below average shape. When in doubt, pass :)

I had been hoping that they would be listed individually. I would have really liked the LF1 but don't want to buy them all especially since it'll REALLY drive up the price.

Oh well ... likely sitting this one out ... we'll see.

I always struggle valuing rare games in below average shape. When in doubt, pass :)

This. Exactly this. It's better to wait because you'll just end up buying it twice and overpaying on the first one which you'll seemingly never be able to sell for the same price you paid. Not speaking from experience or anything. Just sayin. :)

• Like 1

i did have an intellivision backgammon but i didnt see it in my extras boxes so it must have already gotten sold. upgraded to this cuz fancier name and overlays:) mud buggies last week was loose with the pole position i didnt have. i cant justify the cash outlay for a boxed one so hopin i will find one in a lot of games. whos to blame for this disease::) just spent all i had but gas money last night on a lot with worm whompers for my little collection. got him to $10 to ship so that helped my shock. $233 someone let me know i did ok on this ive never spent that kindof money on myself with out a "profit" back door:) get my thin ice and thuinder castle boxes so thats cool too but ruins resale value for my recovery. ebay item #121264242468 now i gotta work on all those pesky rare super pro skiing and wrestlin. hopefully find something priced fair. still need a dig dug and hover force box for my loose. still waiting on my venezuela bitz and bytes lot i bought. gonna be a month and a half for sure it looks like. hope that works out well, good cash for that as well!......scot