IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

BINs can establish limits, usually minimum values. However, some people actually pay more via BINs than they would bid in an auction. It's the "heat of the moment - if I don't pull the trigger now, I'll miss out" mentality by someone either not doing their research or by someone too anxious for a rare item. Non-sealed River Raids sell for $60-100 depending on condition. Sealed ones are obviously rare, but anyone should be wary paying multiples of a game's mint value for some outer plastic that may or may not be original and questionable internal contents that may have taken a beating over the years.

Many people would have jumped on the $110. The $300 and especially $500 seems outrageous to me. Just my opinion, but I'd value one at $125 to $200 (eBay pricing). Another fun way to determine value would be to find a trade equivalent. Stonix? 4-Tris? Tripple Challenge? Here's a thought, depending on what those Series 3 Orphan Overlays go for, would you trade a set of those for a sealed River Raid? I paid $175 for my sealed Series 3 set (which was a good price IMO). These will obviously go higher, but if they reach $200, $250, $300....would you trade for mint sealed River Raid? I would not, but then again I'm overlay crazy :)

• Like 1

Over 260 for the Orphan overlays…out of my league. $90 for the Wico Command Control Joystick (Not complete - Did not have overlay guards). I lost 4 auctions this weekend, all of which I thought I was hitting a premium price point for. Time to dump Ebay, move to an eBay snipe type service and set your price and move on.

I try not to go over the edge, but those overlays were sweet!

Over 260 for the Orphan overlays…out of my league. $90 for the Wico Command Control Joystick (Not complete - Did not have overlay guards). I lost 4 auctions this weekend, all of which I thought I was hitting a premium price point for. Time to dump Ebay, move to an eBay snipe type service and set your price and move on.

Same seller (known for paying high amounts for rare items) bought both the Wico and the Orphan Overlays.

Same seller (known for paying high amounts for rare items) bought both the Wico and the Orphan Overlays.

Yes, I've lost a lot of auctions to him. I must say at times I've bid against him just to up the price. :evil: I guess I'm not very nice.

Yes, I've lost a lot of auctions to him. I must say at times I've bid against him just to up the price. :evil: I guess I'm not very nice.

It's easy to do when he is already the high bidder and places 10 additional incremental bids. Not sure about that strategy. It does show interest and determination, I suppose.

• Like 1

It's easy to do when he is already the high bidder and places 10 additional incremental bids. Not sure about that strategy. It does show interest and determination, I suppose.

I noticed these incremental bids on some of the other items he's bid on... it also gives the other bidders an idea of how much he's willing to (over) pay.

I bid high on these overlays... went a little crazy there at the end, with a few minutes left I was the highest bidder and then was thinking to myself, "what are you doing, you can't really afford this!" So in the end, I was close to getting them, but glad that I didn't. They will just have to wait for another day, just like 4-Tris.

• Like 1

I bid high on these overlays... went a little crazy there at the end, with a few minutes left I was the highest bidder and then was thinking to myself, "what are you doing, you can't really afford this!" So in the end, I was close to getting them, but glad that I didn't. They will just have to wait for another day, just like 4-Tris.

I've been there before. I think those are worth between $175 and $225. Just wait until the Sears set reaches that much ;-)

• Like 1

The previous Orphan Overlays complete set sold for $408 (there was a lot of pent up demand). Instead of buying the whole set, I decided to only buy the useful overlays when someone else sold all the overlays separately (many of the orphaned overlays look fantastic but only some are useful during game play).

As for the Wico Controller, I suspect that $90 is somewhere near the market price for a CIB (or near CIB) unit since a bare Wico Controller goes for ~$40.

The previous Orphan Overlays complete set sold for $408 (there was a lot of pent up demand). Instead of buying the whole set, I decided to only buy the useful overlays when someone else sold all the overlays separately (many of the orphaned overlays look fantastic but only some are useful during game play).

As for the Wico Controller, I suspect that $90 is somewhere near the market price for a CIB (or near CIB) unit since a bare Wico Controller goes for ~$40.

Yeah, maybe. Still…I quite at $250 and $85. I figure twice the price for a box is about it for me for a Wico. I had other offers out for some sealed games which I got so all in all I salvaged the weekend along with a nice lot of games too. I live to fight another day! :dunce:

I got an email from a seller of a sealed game I lost out to Pikachu on.

Apparently a week had gone by with no payment or word from him, so the seller offered me the game for a good price.

Just after I agreed to the purchase Pikachu suddenly paid for the item...I'm still burnt that he managed to beat me twice for the same game!

I must be the idiot, though...I paid more than the closing price for those overlays for my opened set...

I think it was the waiting time in the end that slowed me down. I know the items COME, but I would have hated sweating bullets waiting. I don't think it was a bad price, I got cold feet on that one…and really they were not upgrades to what I have so let someone else get 'em.

Yeah, the wait time got me too. If the price had been lower, I might have bid as well.

Also, I only needed the box from Learning Fun II and the CIB Decathlon. Because of the rarity of the items in that lot, I knew I'd have to lay out a lot of money and then have to sell / trade-bait the rest to make some of the money back. Once the price got high enough, the keep vs re-sell ratio started to get outside my comfort zone.

To whoever got this one, congrats.

got my worm whompers lot. its in awesome shape and completed some other rares i had parts of. in there was a tennis and mindstrike in grey boxes with stripes. says sofware inside on them with name and model numbers penned in. these rare or of interest to anyone? perfect yellow auto racing overlay. never saw one that color. ALSO this big league baseball that i never seemed to notice in the past? seems to be identical to world series? is this a later version that the baseball league no longer wanted to lend their name to etc? no overlays or instructions so im assuming same as cant find info to the contrary? guess i will keep it cuz dont have one? idea of rarity? also mindstrike looks to be only playable with computer addition? if so think will just sell? dont know if computer stuff all interests me or if affordable for me or not or adds alot more to a collection that someone may or may not ever want when im done with it?:) im catchin up to u guys!:).......scot

The Super Series Big League Baseball is a variant of World Series Major League Baseball. It is a rare Item.

Here is one with photos.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/210792-super-series-big-league-baseball/

The only difference between them is the manual and box say Super Series.

Edited by SoulBuster