IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

A Videoplexer for sale from everyone's favorite seller :roll: pikachu... he actually started the auction at the decent price of $99 and it includes a few htf games.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INTELLIVISION-COMPRO-VIDEOPLEXER-VERY-RARE-/360969665450?pt=US_Other_Video_Game_Accessories&hash=item540b77fbaa

Pretty nice selection with items lots of folks want in an auction format. I see no need to bitch about this one?

Off topic, to be honest, I never thought to Search 'Lays Ketchup Chips' on eBay ever! (Viewing sellers other items related to this listing) I can't wrap my head around it actually.. but people are buying them?! When I'm on the road the only thing I miss is a couple of my favourite restaurants (and servers), and maybe my brand of smokes.

The listings are displayed quite nicely. 'Now I got the fever for the flavour of a'….. oh wait, that's Pringles.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/polls/390000/390031_1267625369906_full.jpg

Forget the chips. I want the Hairy Beaver. :-o

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3607721765591?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360772176559&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

A Videoplexer for sale from everyone's favorite seller :roll: pikachu... he actually started the auction at the decent price of $99 and it includes a few htf games.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INTELLIVISION-COMPRO-VIDEOPLEXER-VERY-RARE-/360969665450?pt=US_Other_Video_Game_Accessories&hash=item540b77fbaa

Now this is the way to list an "auction". A real auction....highest bidder wins!

I sometimes grow tired of all the buy-it-nows.......unless it is a rare item I get for cheap! why cant we have it both ways! LOL

• Like 1

Agreed Rev. There's that one auction that had a bunch of white label INTV games but none of the really rare ones with a $450+ start price. The auction initially had a reserve which is a big waste of everyone's time - auction had a start price of $75 initially and when I asked what reserve was he said it was $599. I was dumbfounded and actually spent some time with the individual explaining my expertise with intellivision and that without the boxes he would be extremely lucky to get even close to that and more likely 1/3 would be best you can do. It's understandable if you genuinely don't know, but at some point you have to listen to the market. Maybe that dumb a** asking $4,999 will get picture one day so we don't have to stare at same s**t for 5 years. Sorry if someone on here, but a) I doubt it and b) seriously you're not getting your ask price so do a "real" auction for the love of God:-)

Not trying to defend the $5,000 auction, but I assume their reasoning goes like this:

They have arguably the most complete (at least in terms of number of game titles) Intellivision collection currently available for purchase....GLOBALLY, with a potential market of like 7 Billion people. Exclude people without internet, poor people, kids under 14, most women ;-) , and people who hate the controllers and you still have a decent chunk of potential. I'd be hoping for some nostalgic rich celebrity to whimsically search eBay for his childhood console and conveniently find my auction all ready to go for a mere day's salary. You hear me, Seth Green!? Robot Chicken needs more Intellivision references and I can hook you up with a near complete* boxed Intellivision (*Spiker not included) for....hmmm...It would take a lot more than $5,000 for me to sell my CIB collection. Call me, Seth Green. We'll talk.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 5

There's that one auction that had a bunch of white label INTV games but none of the really rare ones with a $450+ start price. The auction initially had a reserve which is a big waste of everyone's time - auction had a start price of $75 initially and when I asked what reserve was he said it was $599. I was dumbfounded and actually spent some time with the individual explaining my expertise with intellivision and that without the boxes he would be extremely lucky to get even close to that and more likely 1/3 would be best you can do. It's understandable if you genuinely don't know, but at some point you have to listen to the market.

I've been keeping my eye on this auction as well and he's been bringing the starting bid down every time the listing ends. The current one is at $355 but yes, still way too high. Looking at the games I think this is worth between $150 - $175. He'll listen to the market all right after realizing no one bids on his listing.

Out of curiosity, I asked how he came upon the unit. In case others are interested, here's his response:

Dear bikeguychicago,

I bought it from the original owner of the system a while back. At the time I did not know it was as rare even though the original owner kept insisting that it was to me before I purchased. I bought it from a garage sale from the original owner and got an amazing price for it. I am selling it because I am more of a Nintendo era and above collector along with vintage computing. It is an an amazing piece of video game history that I am willing to part with.

Evan

Edited by bikeguychicago
  • Like 1

Out of curiosity, I asked how he came upon the unit. In case others are interested, here's his response:

Dear bikeguychicago,

I bought it from the original owner of the system a while back. At the time I did not know it was as rare even though the original owner kept insisting that it was to me before I purchased. I bought it from a garage sale from the original owner and got an amazing price for it. I am selling it because I am more of a Nintendo era and above collector along with vintage computing. It is an an amazing piece of video game history that I am willing to part with.

Evan

$3,300 is not a bad price.

$3,300 is not a bad price.

I agree as that's been roughly the going rate. The only downside is there aren't really any extras in terms of software. If he were able to test and confirm that the tape drive worked, the relative value would be even higher. As we know, most have wonky tape drives.

So quite a few people here with deep pockets. Maybe I should list my Inty lots. Sealed Sears Backgammon, sealed White Whale, sealed Stadium Events, sealed Nintendo World Champion, sealed Air Raid, and sealed Sword Quest: Air World.

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Picts please ^^

So quite a few people here with deep pockets. Maybe I should list my Inty lots. Sealed Sears Backgammon, sealed White Whale, sealed Stadium Events, sealed Nintendo World Champion, sealed Air Raid, and sealed Sword Quest: Air World.

Yeah, you might get a couple dollars for the Sealed Air World!

If by "sealed White Whale" you mean the Keyboard Component, that would be truly impressive. ;)

• Like 1