IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

I know it's in good condition, but wow!

Once again I'm outbid on this one. Each time it's up on eBay, I increase my max bid and each time it goes higher than I'm willing to pay at that time. Don't think I'll ever be willing or able to pay $140 though. Last time I think it went for $90.

I was also bidding on some Atari 2600 stuff and a CIB Smurf Rescue went for $94. Crazy prices lately!

Once again I'm outbid on this one. Each time it's up on eBay, I increase my max bid and each time it goes higher than I'm willing to pay at that time. Don't think I'll ever be willing or able to pay $140 though. Last time I think it went for $90.

I was also bidding on some Atari 2600 stuff and a CIB Smurf Rescue went for $94. Crazy prices lately!

Tower of Doom is one of the few games that I only have one of CIB. I have been keeping an eye out for a cheap one for a second copy, but that's SUPER low on my priority list. If you keep looking, they sometimes sell for as low as $40 or so...especially if you don't need a mint one.

• Like 1

Tower of Doom is one of the few games that I only have one of CIB. I have been keeping an eye out for a cheap one for a second copy, but that's SUPER low on my priority list.

As I was reading your comment I was thinking whether nowadays with the Intellivision Flashback and the upcoming LTO Flash there is a need to have second copies.

I'm getting ready to sell my primary set of duplicates (@73 or so) and when I look at the condition of some of the games I second guess myself and ask, shouldn't I keep an extra copy of this color manual? Economics dictate why I have to sell them though so it makes the decision easier to handle.

As I was reading your comment I was thinking whether nowadays with the Intellivision Flashback and the upcoming LTO Flash there is a need to have second copies.

I'm getting ready to sell my primary set of duplicates (@73 or so) and when I look at the condition of some of the games I second guess myself and ask, shouldn't I keep an extra copy of this color manual? Economics dictate why I have to sell them though so it makes the decision easier to handle.

I never intended to have second copies of the 125 (homebrews...yes), but it just kinda happened. I think I'm over 100 now. It's not my long term plan to keep two (mostly) full sets, but I'm not really sure when I'll unload the extra. At some point I'm looking at a massive pruning. Just been too busy lately, but you inspire me :)

One of the things I mentally track on eBay is the number of items found when searching for "Intellivision". I run the search on eBay USA, but search worldwide. I only search titles, not descriptions. For the last year or two (maybe even longer), the search results have been hovering around the 4,000-4,800 range. You can compare this to "Colecovision" which today had around 2,565 hits or "Atari" which had around 54,500 hits! I also searched "NES" then narrowed it down to "Video Games and Consoles" and still had over 92,000 hits!

Today was the first time I noticed "Intellivision" ever returning 5,000 or more hits and I was doubly surprised to catch it at exactly 5,000. Here's a screenshot from my phone:

I actually went a step farther and tracked on a spreadsheet the number of items for over a year for USA listed items only and it coincides with your numbers. What I thought was interesting was that the number of BIN items account for @85% of all listings. I never thought it would be that high.

I actually went a step farther and tracked on a spreadsheet the number of items for over a year for USA listed items only and it coincides with your numbers. What I thought was interesting was that the number of BIN items account for @85% of all listings. I never thought it would be that high.

The 85% figure is a little misleading since it includes a lot of overpriced items that get relisted over and over. Sold listings are split roughly 50/50 between auctions and BINs.

I am the one that won the Tower of Doom at $140. The Flashback is going to be great, but there is just so many games that are not included. I had already had about a 25 to 30 game collection as a kid and teen so I just decided to see if i could put together a set. I ran across a seller on ebay that found a storeroom of games for atari, intv, and coleco in pristine unused condition. I bought out his intv titles that I didn't already have. It put me right at half way. I am not buying to collect to flip, I am buying to play and enjoy these games again. I prefer CIB so I can say at some point my Intv collection is complete.

Congrats on the win - it looked like it is in great shape!

Tower of Doom is included on the Flashback just in case you were wondering. Here's a link to Rev's site with an official game list:

http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/intellivision-flashback

It's listed as game #40 under Battle and Sorcery.

I am the one that won the Tower of Doom at $140. The Flashback is going to be great, but there is just so many games that are not included.

Edited by Special Teams

Congrats on the win - it looked like it is in great shape!

Tower of Doom is included on the Flashback just in case you were wondering. Here's a link to Rev's site with an official game list:

http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/intellivision-flashback

It's listed as game #40 under Battle and Sorcery.

Yeah I knew TOD was on the flashback. The Flashback is headed for my den while my Intv 3 will be headed for my game room after an av mod. I had lost out on Super Cobra the night before and had decided I wasn't losing TOD. I do apologize. Its amazing the scale of pricing. I have gotten some for nothing some of them never opened. I too have some duplicates although I am hesitant to part with them right now because I have nothing to test them on until the av mod is finished.

So I haven't been on ebay much the last 6 months plus as I've been really busy moving in to my new place, but sometimes I like to search by highest price first just to see how many truly offensive auctions I can see. :) I was not disappointed. Not sure which is the most egregious but the Poker for $500 is near the top. Post your favourites.

Mind you, while I was looking around I did stumble on to two very cool auctions..... ;)

I never intended to have second copies of the 125 (homebrews...yes), but it just kinda happened. I think I'm over 100 now. It's not my long term plan to keep two (mostly) full sets, but I'm not really sure when I'll unload the extra. At some point I'm looking at a massive pruning. Just been too busy lately, but you inspire me :)

Yeah me either, but now I'm at about 100 of the 125 sealed. So I just happened to me too.

If anybody here won this auction I'm very interested in a few of the games in that lot... stoopid me forgot to put in a high bid thinking that I was going to bid near the end and I got completely distracted!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-19-Vintage-Mattel-Intellivision-Video-Games-with-Boxes-And-Overlays-/121428489626?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=fVNtt68HyMmwR1wES3iTLaq3liM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

If anybody here won this auction I'm very interested in a few of the games in that lot... stoopid me forgot to put in a high bid thinking that I was going to bid near the end and I got completely distracted!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-19-Vintage-Mattel-Intellivision-Video-Games-with-Boxes-And-Overlays-/121428489626?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=fVNtt68HyMmwR1wES3iTLaq3liM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Forever 2nd place :)

That was a good auction, BTW

Edited by JasonlikesINTV