IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1815753105091?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=181575310509&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Does anyone know anything about this poster, or have better pics? I don't think I have this.

FWIW, I updated the scans and the page content somewhat. The thumbnails are the same. Even though I'm using the same image software and scanning at the same DPI, for whatever reason the new thumbnails look awful. In fact, that seems to be the issue generally on my newer scans. :/

So, totally off-topic:

I'm using an ancient version of JASC Paint Shop Pro v. 7.04. It was cheap, did what needed doing, and was all around great for what I need o do. Sadly, it seems to have bloated and been bought by Corel and is now a ginormous sea of eleventy billion icons, tools, and general annoyances. Plus I'm a recalcitrant old fart who hates to fight with all the fancy-pants newfangled mumbo-jumbo features of an app to do the same old thing. That's why I still only play Intellivision, dammit! Now, get off my lawn! Unless you want to tell me what I already want to hear. :P

It needs to be more useful than Paint, cheap, and not a royal PITA to use. Oh, and easily hook up to TWAIN or whatever fancy input these new kids use to do scans these days. Thanks!

Edited by intvsteve

Gotta Brag. Got that one in my original collection. Intv packed it with the Keyboard Componet. Its a mint as can be w/o being sealed as all my 80s part of the collection is.

Very cool! Do you still have a Keyboard Component you'd like to brag about? :) We'd love to see collection pics sometime.

I got lucky on my sealed Jetsons game - $20 BIN shipped free on eBay ;-)

Very cool! Do you still have a Keyboard Component you'd like to brag about? :) We'd love to see collection pics sometime.

I got lucky on my sealed Jetsons game - $20 BIN shipped free on eBay ;-)

sure do, but right now its packed in storage. But if I ever get a game room in order like I want. Pics will come. Theoretically it should still work.

FWIW, I updated the scans and the page content somewhat. The thumbnails are the same. Even though I'm using the same image software and scanning at the same DPI, for whatever reason the new thumbnails look awful. In fact, that seems to be the issue generally on my newer scans. :/

So, totally off-topic:

I'm using an ancient version of JASC Paint Shop Pro v. 7.04. It was cheap, did what needed doing, and was all around great for what I need o do. Sadly, it seems to have bloated and been bought by Corel and is now a ginormous sea of eleventy billion icons, tools, and general annoyances. Plus I'm a recalcitrant old fart who hates to fight with all the fancy-pants newfangled mumbo-jumbo features of an app to do the same old thing. That's why I still only play Intellivision, dammit! Now, get off my lawn! Unless you want to tell me what I already want to hear. :P

It needs to be more useful than Paint, cheap, and not a royal PITA to use. Oh, and easily hook up to TWAIN or whatever fancy input these new kids use to do scans these days. Thanks!

Does your scanning software have a "descreening" feature? Anything that's been commercially printed as halftone dots will look pretty bad, with a pattern like two overlapping window screens, when scanned unless you either use this function or shrink the image quite a bit. My Epson scanner & software has this and it helps a lot. That's your ticket to scanning happiness ;-)

All my games in my original 80s collection are complete with inserts, overlays, manuals, catalogs, all the games should work. Box wear is the only shortcoming. My intellivision was and still is a prize possession. The only drawback the collection was only 20-25 games or so. Wished I would have ordered that Spiker out of the '87 Christmas catalog or was it the Spring one with the waitress on the cover.

All my games in my original 80s collection are complete with inserts, overlays, manuals, catalogs, all the games should work. Box wear is the only shortcoming. My intellivision was and still is a prize possession. The only drawback the collection was only 20-25 games or so. Wished I would have ordered that Spiker out of the '87 Christmas catalog or was it the Spring one with the waitress on the cover.

Triton Catalogs (full set)

;-)

Funny, it's listed for sale in the Christmas one (not the Holiday Catalog 1987 one), but it's not in the 1988 one with Body Slam on the front. The Body Slam one does list it on the back as "coming soon". Did the other Christmas one come out in 1988?

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Going by your pic numbering the catalogs 1-10, I had for sure numbers 4-10. I likely still have them but they are not in my INTV collection unfortunately. They are likely in my book collections also stored in my building, with my complete Super Powers collection, my partial vintage Star Wars collection, My grandmother was in the process of helping me catalogue it when she took ill in '04-05. We didn't get finished, I am disabled and in a chair so there is not much in that way I can do w/o help. My parents don't share my passion for 80s collecting. Back to Spiker, it could have been an offer I got in one of the many repairs I sent INTV at the time I was sending at time. In regards to Spiker, I would love to see Keith or whoever owns the rights re re-release it as a cart to stop this price gouging I don't mind $75-100 as long as its complete and in grade b+ shape but some of this is ridiculous. Sorry for being long winded.

So, totally off-topic:

I'm using an ancient version of JASC Paint Shop Pro v. 7.04. It was cheap, did what needed doing, and was all around great for what I need o do.

Continuing the off-topic:

I'm still using a (purchased) copy of PSP v 7.00! It still works in modern Windows, and best of all it works perfectly fine in Wine. Does what I want and nothing more. I just re-installed it for the first time in probably 5 years or more. It's perfect for mocking up game screens and sprites when developing INTV games. It still has what I consider to be the best UI of any graphics editing program.

• Like 1

Continuing the off-topic:

I'm still using a (purchased) copy of PSP v 7.00! It still works in modern Windows, and best of all it works perfectly fine in Wine. Does what I want and nothing more. I just re-installed it for the first time in probably 5 years or more. It's perfect for mocking up game screens and sprites when developing INTV games. It still has what I consider to be the best UI of any graphics editing program.

Exactly.... Which is why I'm flummoxed as to the crappiness of scans lately... Though I did go quite a few years w/o doing much, and am using different hardware for scanning now. That's *probably* it. Maybe I should dig out the old SCSI scanner and see if I can get it to work anywhere...

Hopefully they don't flatten them prior to shipping. A shipping conversation would be a must.

At least 1/3 of the sellers don't reply to messages at all. I ask every seller to ship in a box and for a quick confirmation. After 2 days I then send a second message. Many still don't reply, but as soon as they get negative feedback later they'll send a message within seconds.

• Like 1

At least 1/3 of the sellers don't reply to messages at all. I ask every seller to ship in a box and for a quick confirmation. After 2 days I then send a second message. Many still don't reply, but as soon as they get negative feedback later they'll send a message within seconds.

I've actually had decent luck communicating with sellers, although some take a few days or don't reply on weekends. Overall good experiences, though. Especially after I have bought an item.

I've actually had decent luck communicating with sellers, although some take a few days or don't reply on weekends. Overall good experiences, though. Especially after I have bought an item.

My experience with private sellers is much better than with the so called power sellers. I understand that a power seller gets a lot of messages, but if you don't reply to any messages don't expect me to read your automated message where you beg for 5 stars for the super-awesome customer service.

• Like 1