IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Anyone have any thoughts about this 'Official M Network' case?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1526026794481?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=152602679448&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

$100 is kinda steep for its condition, but if it's rare...I mean, it's not like someone just threw a cheap sticker on a normal case, right? :ponder:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1315432357711?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=131543235771&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Haha! Yah I saw that and thought the same thing. (After the microsecond passed that I questioned whether it was real) ?

Interesting cases, but a few REALLY photos would help a lot. Computer renderings are not always trustworthy.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1727851851431?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=172785185143&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

If anybody was wondering about these, I bought one as a curiosity. Verdict: Okay enough for regular size cartridges and manuals, not so great for overlays or Imagic games/manuals. I can at least display the game now, but I still have to store the inserts separately.

The overlays fit if you bend them a little, but if you're bending your overlays you probably don't care about buying boxes for things. Imagic carts are too long to fit in the holder, and the manuals are larger than the inside of the case. There is no clip for smaller manuals, so they just sit loose inside. There's a piece of adhesive foam you can peel out and move around to snug your game into place, if it's not an odd size. The color's also weird, and the text is just a little blurred. The last picture is just so you can see that regular carts/manuals fit.

post-47483-0-57512000-1503368668_thumb.jpg

post-47483-0-32114000-1503368683_thumb.jpg

post-47483-0-14524800-1503368688_thumb.jpg

post-47483-0-37458200-1503368699_thumb.jpg

post-47483-0-57246900-1503368707_thumb.jpg

I thought that the game was done in IntyBASIC, which didn't have ECS music support. Please share details, that is intriguing!

Freewheel will have to jump in to clarify, but I can tell you with certainty that with the ECS connected, you get both music and shooting effects while playing Deserter Bus. Without the ECS, you have to choose one or the other using the music key on the controller.

• Like 1

I thought that the game was done in IntyBASIC, which didn't have ECS music support. Please share details, that is intriguing!

IntyBASIC has had ECS SOUND channels and 3rd and 4th CONTroller support for a long time, at least since July 2015. It does not have MUSIC support for all 6 channels at once. Freewheel just detects if an ECS is connected and plays sound on the ECS channels and music on all the regular channels, but all possible sound channels are used when an ECS is plugged in.

• Like 1

If anybody was wondering about these, I bought one as a curiosity. Verdict: Okay enough for regular size cartridges and manuals, not so great for overlays or Imagic games/manuals. I can at least display the game now, but I still have to store the inserts separately.

The overlays fit if you bend them a little, but if you're bending your overlays you probably don't care about buying boxes for things. Imagic carts are too long to fit in the holder, and the manuals are larger than the inside of the case. There is no clip for smaller manuals, so they just sit loose inside. There's a piece of adhesive foam you can peel out and move around to snug your game into place, if it's not an odd size. The color's also weird, and the text is just a little blurred. The last picture is just so you can see that regular carts/manuals fit.

Hmm, not gonna lie. I don't love them. The quality and attention to detail seem to be lacking. Maybe if you had a whole matching set, but it really stands out from the originals.

• Like 1

...uhm... no

thank you for sacrificing yourself to save the pocket of many

• Like 1

This article doesn't have anyone from our Intellivision collecting folks (e.g. CMart). What gives?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-20-near-mint-a-conversation-with-game-collectors

I never knew Metal Jesus was a fellow Jason. Hmm, what kind of Jesus would I be? Plastic Jesus, perhaps?

Seems like a high price for a bunch of commons. I'm not overlooking something, am I?

[$4 a game is not that high.] There is a very early Math Fun and Baseball in there. Does anyone know if the 1979 test market games packaging were any different than the 1980 releases?

Edited by mr_me