IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Looks like someone is building a piecemeal LF1 for $300 (without a manual).

Box: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1629161105811?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=162916110581&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Cart: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3225896463211?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=322589646321&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Purchased within 30 min of each other.

I tried my best for that box but just couldn't go any higher. I bailed about $20 from the high. Shame. Not sure I'll ever score the box for this.

A friend listed this for me, after I bet Steve Roney someone would want it when he was going to throw it out because the rings are rusty. We'll give anything left after fees and shipping cost back to Intellivision, assuming it sells. I'm just trying to drive home the point that branded items shouldn't be thrown away because they have one in better condition.

Bonus paper that wasn't previously scanned into the archives and was also nearly tossed! *headdesk*

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162938378759

• Like 3

A friend listed this for me, after I bet Steve Roney someone would want it when he was going to throw it out because the rings are rusty. We'll give anything left after fees and shipping cost back to Intellivision, assuming it sells. I'm just trying to drive home the point that branded items shouldn't be thrown away because they have one in better condition.

Bonus paper that wasn't previously scanned into the archives and was also nearly tossed! *headdesk*

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162938378759

anything that is left and is a unique item such as this,someone here will want! :) :thumbsup:

So I see Steve Roney's mildewed, rusty, broken notebook listed (and with already 2 bids on it!) on ebay, and I can relate with my own process of döstädning and my experiences of selling junk out of the basement. When my wife asks me why anyone would want to buy that crap, I remind her of her dear departed father's story. My father-in-law, of blessed memory, in his second career was a dealer in used, rare, and out-of-print books. He would get his inventory from people who were downsizing and he would buy their whole libraries. He met a lot of people this way. He told of one house he visited, where proudly displayed on this person's wall was his collection of toilet seats. So whenever my wife asks me "Who would buy that?" I just say, "Somebody out there collects toilet seats!"

• Like 2

I tried my best for that box but just couldn't go any higher. I bailed about $20 from the high. Shame. Not sure I'll ever score the box for this.

I bowed out early once it went over $150... Looks like I'll just go with the repro or a high-quality print of the front/back.

So I see Steve Roney's mildewed, rusty, broken notebook listed (and with already 2 bids on it!) on ebay, and I can relate with my own process of döstädning and my experiences of selling junk out of the basement. When my wife asks me why anyone would want to buy that crap, I remind her of her dear departed father's story. My father-in-law, of blessed memory, in his second career was a dealer in used, rare, and out-of-print books. He would get his inventory from people who were downsizing and he would buy their whole libraries. He met a lot of people this way. He told of one house he visited, where proudly displayed on this person's wall was his collection of toilet seats. So whenever my wife asks me "Who would buy that?" I just say, "Somebody out there collects toilet seats!"

I don't know if it's the same guy, but there is a quite famous toilet seat collector, or better artist:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-friday-edition-1.4343707/barney-smith-is-selling-his-epic-toilet-seat-collection-1.4346527

Edited by Intymike

My favorite is the: Hey look, I have 62 of the these rare games I am willing to sell to you for a price of double of what it's worth. I really don't get showing boxes and boxes of the games you are trying to sell for more than they are worth.

ie:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-Space-Spartans-new-and-sealed-from-factory-case/183124038052?hash=item2aa30b11a4:g:z5UAAOSw6VRaQAsC

Edited by Humblejack
  • Like 1

I am interested! I'm weirdly obsessed with the box art for those two in particular, but they usually only come up in lots on eBay with a bunch of stuff I don't need or want.

"I'm your huckleberry" is a quote from the movie Tombstone. Basically means "I want to do (x) thing." Like buy a couple games out of somebody's newly acquired collection, or have a gun fight in a creek with the guy who murdered the sheriff and your best friend's brother.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2018-01-26-16-51-01-1.png

Ah, yes. The origin of my AA handle. Cannot get enough of this movie. You're a daisy if you do.....

• Like 1