IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Guest LiqMat

Have any of you just missed an auction or Craigslist listing and knew you were not going to see another one of those for a long time? Makes your gut sink. Grrrr....

Edited by LiqMat

Guest LiqMat

What did you miss? Spill it! :D

...and yes, I have eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1629133160391?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=162913316039&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Nothing Intellivision this time, but just makes me sad. I have been looking for an old 1993 ISA video editing card called the Cardinal SnapPlus either CIB or NIB for years now and I just missed a NIB on LetGo by probably just days and all they wanted was $10. I would have paid 10 times that much easily. Oh the sorrow! Anyway, back to normal broadcasting.

Edited by LiqMat

I mean, shoot, probably 700 right?

I paid MUCH LESS than what they are asking for a CIB in very nice condition a few months ago. I wish people would not pay so much for these things. It is inflating the prices. But to each his own.

I paid MUCH LESS than what they are asking for a CIB in very nice condition a few months ago. I wish people would not pay so much for these things. It is inflating the prices. But to each his own.

Did you get the white label Backgammon in the Intellivision Inc. box for less than $60, wow I must have miss the auction.

Did you get the white label Backgammon in the Intellivision Inc. box for less than $60, wow I must have miss the auction.

No, I was referring to my Spiker! purchase. I got it CIB and in great condition for MUCH LESS than the $1100 asking price for the one on Ebay at

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spiker-Super-Pro-Volleyball-Intellivision-1989-RARE/173215381004?epid=114515648&hash=item285470f60c:g:zB4AAOSwqlFaqEda

No, I was referring to my Spiker! purchase. I got it CIB and in great condition for MUCH LESS than the $1100 asking price for the one on Ebay at

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spiker-Super-Pro-Volleyball-Intellivision-1989-RARE/173215381004?epid=114515648&hash=item285470f60c:g:zB4AAOSwqlFaqEda

Ah yes, sorry for the confusion. I too got a Spiker 6 months ago for almost half what this guy is asking and mine is CIB.

• Like 1

Building out your second CIB 125 Hank? :)

Honest question cmart, how many CIB sets of the 125 do you think you have? And I fully understand if you'd rather not answer for privacy purposes. It's just my own little experiment with a second collection has really opened up my eyes to how easy it is to acquire most of the 125 relatively quickly and for far less than I originally thought. So I'm curious to see what insights you have about the process of 125 completion.

Also, I'm not curious because I think you're a hoarder and believe that is somehow evil. I see nothing wrong with owning as many of something as one wants and that no collector owes any other collector a break or explanation for having multiples. In my view hoarding does not exist or else we are all guilty of it since no one actually plays all 125 games. Otherwise, owning even 1 copy of a game you never intend to play is hoarding since it could go to someone who did not have it and actually wants to use it. This is especially true in an era where all of the roms are available for play via emulation/flashback/flash cart/etc.

Either we are all hoarders or none of us are.

Have any of you just missed an auction or Craigslist listing and knew you were not going to see another one of those for a long time? Makes your gut sink. Grrrr....

I found a Sears Checkers for $11 shipped from a pawn shop in a Seattle, but I'd already missed a crazy cheap Diner, Slap Shot, and I think Tower of Doom by the time I found the listing. Womp womp.

Guest LiqMat

I found a Sears Checkers for $11 shipped from a pawn shop in a Seattle, but I'd already missed a crazy cheap Diner, Slap Shot, and I think Tower of Doom by the time I found the listing. Womp womp.

That just happened to me at a garage sale a couple of weeks ago. I arrived at a house Saturday morning and the owner tells me I missed a huge lot of Intellivision items on Friday for super cheap. Guess what I'm doing this Friday? haha

Edited by LiqMat
  • Like 1

Honest question cmart, how many CIB sets of the 125 do you think you have? And I fully understand if you'd rather not answer for privacy purposes. It's just my own little experiment with a second collection has really opened up my eyes to how easy it is to acquire most of the 125 relatively quickly and for far less than I originally thought. So I'm curious to see what insights you have about the process of 125 completion.

Also, I'm not curious because I think you're a hoarder and believe that is somehow evil. I see nothing wrong with owning as many of something as one wants and that no collector owes any other collector a break or explanation for having multiples. In my view hoarding does not exist or else we are all guilty of it since no one actually plays all 125 games. Otherwise, owning even 1 copy of a game you never intend to play is hoarding since it could go to someone who did not have it and actually wants to use it. This is especially true in an era where all of the roms are available for play via emulation/flashback/flash cart/etc.

Either we are all hoarders or none of us are.

I can't speak for Cmart, but I suspect he has the same issue I have...being terrible at selling things :D

• Like 1

I can't speak for Cmart, but I suspect he has the same issue I have...being terrible at selling things :D

Necessity has forced me to become good at selling off extras and has allowed me to hit a far higher number of games than I originally thought possible. But I would much prefer to not have to rely on such a method. As it sits, if I were to somehow reach all 125 I might expand into the Atari M Network games since I have a system changer but that would likely be the end of my collection beyond looking for condition upgrades for some of my items. I'm fine with that since I have limited funds and space but at the same time I'd love to be able to chase the moon the way cmart and hankster do. I think I'm better off living vicariously through them though, lol