IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

5 minutes ago, Humblejack said:

Anyone else wonder how this cart got "Tested" on an Intellivision, or am I missing something?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beamrider-Intellivision-1984-Game-Only-Tested-Fast-Shipping/392365303527?hash=item5b5acb66e7:g:dSAAAOSwDLhdQ4qt

The label appears to say something about concept art. I have sent an email to David Rolfe to inquire.

7 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

The label appears to say something about concept art. I have sent an email to David Rolfe to inquire.

"Audiovisual concept" copyright, indicates the graphics and sounds in the game originally created by David Rolfe for Intellivision in 1983.  The game code is a different copyright and that has been credited to a company called Action Graphics.  And then there's copyright on the cartridge label art, box art and text, and instructions.  It all belongs to activision.  The 1984 would indicate this was a 1984 release.

On 8/1/2019 at 12:00 PM, Lathe26 said:

Low-cost education!

Learning Fun I CIB sold for $199.99

Learning Fun II CIB sold for $202.49

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/153580170790

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/153580170788

I suspect the seller's location had a lot to do with that 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't belive it... I just bagged a nearly flawless SSVA!   I had been watching this seller for around 3 weeks, he dropped his price once, and still didn't have any bites.   I think it was because it was listed as untested/for parts and that he didn't mention the box is serial number matching to the unit!  

I was a little weary to pull the trigger on this one as the box is not all that great, and the unit looked a little rough, but the plan was to fix the unit, clean it, swap this upper case and controllers with my Frankenstein'ed Retro-Pie SSVA and resell it as a working 'Daily Driver' SSVA unit that someone could use as a second working unit.  We agreed on a fair price for what he had, I hoped for the best.

Well... first.. the gamble paid off... it WORKS perfectly!  I then spent 4 hours taking it all apart and cleaning it. I lightly scrubbed each part in Dawn and removed all the old clear Scotch tape residue with Mineral Spirits and Q-Tips.  The paint is perfect, no yellowing... .the controllers are barely used.  This unit looked as if it was owned by maybe someone's Grandparents that had the unit for when the little ones came to visit?  The discs and buttons have little to no wear, the brown paint is nearly flawless and required very little touch-up.  There is one minor blemish in the front at the bottom that's barely noticeable.   The box came good for how bad it looked.  I managed to gently peel off all the black electric tape, which although shows residue, still allowed the box to show the serial number and much more of the graphics!  The unit is now part of my collection, packaged up and inside it's box in the closet to be shown at Christmas time along with all my other retro stuff under my 80's retro Christmas tree.  

I have to say after chasing a perfect SSVA unit for 20 years... I finally found one and the matching box for a great price!   Sometimes a gamble on Ebay pays off.  :)

eBay pics, and the final results.

Keep 'em playing!

JR

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

SSVA1.jpg

SSVA2.jpg

SSVA3.jpg

SSVA4.jpg

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 10

7 hours ago, intellivotion said:

also that price is something you don't see everyday...

Haahahhaa!!  Okay... cool.  I'm not crazy thinking the same thing then!

I've been trying to collect ALL of the original 125's unsealed and in shrink wrap!  It's probably an absolutely impossible task at this point (and a lot of stuff is from the INTV days) but it's still fun trying.  :) I have about 50 so far.  At least trying to get all 125 in MINT condition.  So if anyone has any shrink wrap stuff they want to get rid of... or MINT stuff that is harder to find... just let me know.

Thanks!