IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

As a football card collector, I understand the whole grading thing. It basically saved the hobby after the 80s and 90s "junk wax" era where everything was so overproduced that no cards had any value, even the stars. Adding certified grading to the industry returned value to the star cards and taught the producers to limit the amount of cardboard they were cranking out to give enough scarcity that some value would be preserved. But that only works with items that are single piece like sports cards. In the case of sealed games, all this grading does is look at the box and ignore everything inside due to not being able to see it. It's less of a true condition grade and more of a guess based on what the outside looks like. We've all cracked sealed game games only to find the manual or overlays got knocked around and dinged up or cart labels that pitted or dried out and became loose. I simply can't see the use in grading these games if a true vale cannot be assigned to the entire contents. I also think it's silly to encase a game in plastic where it cannot be played and it's contents can never be seen and enjoyed. Again, it's not like encasing a card that can still be viewed in its entirety while being protected. It's a good concept but its being entirely misapplied here. Games are a different animal.

Edited by the1hatman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Come on, guys! We talked about this ?

If anybody here cares enough,I am pretty sure my Heman MOTU shrinkwrapped copy is probably just as good as that one.

If you have an open box copy of it and can upgrade my Turbo,maybe with even a CBS boxed version,I will trade both of those in a second.

Just a thought,I place no extra value in my collection on shrinkwrap just box shape and quality.?

Sorry I quoted you here Jason,sometimes when I want to post a reply it asks me to clear the editor,I dont know why!

20200405_090543.jpg

20200405_090531.jpg

6 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

The Intellivision eBay Roundup thread has just been dethroned in terms of replies.

Screenshot_20200405-133845.thumb.png.c713e07ef93fcc2605374338786cd9b3.png

We must defend this thread's honor!  Now is the time for all retro Intellivision enthusiasts to unite with the singular goal of restoring this thread's rightful throne as the number one thread!

Henceforth, all posts shall be submitted one word at a time!  Only with a united front can we achieving victory!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, intvsteve said:

Wonder if uninformed MotU collectors are driving up that auction? Or shill bidders? (Have not looked at bid history.)

I vaguely remember sealed copies going for between $40-80 historically.  A pretty nice sealed one sold for around $110 recently and I see less n general these days, so the price could be going up.  $200+ for graded is just silly.  That said, every sealed MOTU on eBay right now is way overpriced, so it could just be someone desperate for a sealed copy.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

No f###ing way...

Screenshot_20200405-210110.thumb.png.82330b6e20e712468ecd5c6b38f6e858.pngScreenshot_20200405-210110.thumb.png.82330b6e20e712468ecd5c6b38f6e858.png

Those people clearly have no clue what's going on.

Maybe the Amico is drawing enough attention to the Intellivision that others who played 40 years ago are jumping into collecting for it now. Maybe?

• Like 1