IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Just now, Atari_Bill said:

I hate to say I don’t doubt that’s real. Some speculators are so blinded and fooled by this grading crap that they truly think something like this is worth every penny.  

Agreed. This grading business is awful (for video games, that is), and it really has no place here. The grades don’t actual mean anything to me, since honestly saying something is bad, good, great, mint, etc. is plenty of info for me. And like someone said early you’re not even grading the inner contents. It’s pointless, and all it does is fool people into thinking something is worth more.

1 minute ago, wolfy62 said:

Those people clearly have no clue what's going on.

Maybe the Amico is drawing enough attention to the Intellivision that others who played 40 years ago are jumping into collecting for it now. Maybe?

They really ought to figure out how to check sold listings then and actually determine value. I don’t doubt that the Amico is bringing in extra attention though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Those people clearly have no clue what's going on.

Maybe the Amico is drawing enough attention to the Intellivision that others who played 40 years ago are jumping into collecting for it now. Maybe?

That is crazy. The winning bidder must have no clue.

Edited by poconojo

8 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

The Intellivision eBay Roundup thread has just been dethroned in terms of replies.

Screenshot_20200405-133845.thumb.png.c713e07ef93fcc2605374338786cd9b3.png

It's looking like Amico stuff might potentially be getting moved to the modern section or something, so this will be back on top if that happens.

Anyway, grading stuff is stupid and nobody should buy it. Buying mint sealed stuff is fine, and I've done it myself (NTSC-U Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence limited edition), but paying extra cash because it's in some box that has some label on it that tells you it's in good condition and has absolutely nothing to do with the game itself is pointless, especially when you can simply observe the game/box yourself and determine if it's completely trashed or not.

I don't need a "professional" to tell me if a game is in good condition.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

That's it!  I'm grading all of my games, selling them off, and retiring at 50 ?

Not a bad idea! I'll get my copies of MGS3 limited edition, Gleylancer, Rondo of Blood, and Sailor Moon (Mega Drive) graded and then just chill for a while after I sell them in 20 years! Well, I would if I could stand to part with any of my games, which I can't!

Edited by Steven Pendleton
Forgot Rondo! That would get me some cash in 40 years or whatever!
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

We must defend this thread's honor!  Now is the time for all retro Intellivision enthusiasts to unite with the singular goal of restoring this thread's rightful throne as the number one thread!

Henceforth, all posts shall be submitted one word at a time!  Only with a united front can we achieving victory!

Damn... now you're making me feel bad.

How about I start putting up prototype Amico stuff up on Ebay.  Get this thread going!   :)

You & CMart in a battle of the wallets.

Meh... who am I kidding.  We all know that the next time I see you guys I'm gonna be giving you some of this stuff anyway.  No one deserves it more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

How about I start putting up prototype Amico stuff up on Ebay.  Get this thread going!   :)

Meh... who am I kidding.  We all know that the next time I see you guys I'm gonna be giving you some of this stuff anyway.  No one deserves it more.

Sounds awesome!  ???

I think the biggest difference right now between CMart and myself regarding the Amico is that I'm under NDA.  ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Haha! I like the way you're thinking. ??

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Well, as I like rare video games and stuff (and so does pretty much everyone else on this website), do it! I'd be interested in getting one if possible. I found a prototype for the already basically non-existant Linguaphone Education Gear here on display in town not long ago. It's not for sale and would probably be worth tens of thousands of dollars minimum if it was for sale, but for any other prototypes or demo units that are actually affordable, I'd definitely be interested for sure. Maybe some day, anyway.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

Wh-what? I mean its a bit rare but not $900 rare. I paid less than 75 for mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-RARE-Burgertime-Mattel-Aquarius-Complete-in-the-box-Super-Clean/274330034690?

Can't be a typo either as he has a tron up for 100, which he knows is worth less (Judging by the "SUPER RARE" in the BurgerTime listing)

Edited by EdgeOfPortal

15 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-RARE-Burgertime-Mattel-Aquarius-Complete-in-the-box-Super-Clean/274330034690?

Can't be a typo either as he has a tron up for 100, which he knows is worth less (Judging by the "SUPER RARE" in the BurgerTime listing)

Oh it’s not a typo.  People are deluded enough to think their stuff is worth that.  Of course with some of the sales lately maybe it is. There seems to be a ridiculous amount of money coming into the hobby right now. 

2 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Oh it’s not a typo.  People are deluded enough to think their stuff is worth that.  Of course with some of the sales lately maybe it is. There seems to be a ridiculous amount of money coming into the hobby right now. 

Yeah there's been a lot of stuff lately. I imagine thats due to people needing money because of Covid-19. I don't think it's a typo. In the description he says this is a side business he started, so I mean good luck with those prices.

8 hours ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Ugh. I think I have 3 or 4. Anyone wanting to buy one for half price at $450, I'm your guy. ?

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2020 at 11:25 AM, EdgeOfPortal said:

Ah good news guys, he changed the asking price to $500. Finally affordable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6