Jump to content
IntellivisionDude

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Recommended Posts

Yah that's pretty hard to find but it's maybe $40-50 rare especially with the box in terrible shape. I'd offer $25 if I needed it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Ok.  What am I missing here?   Seems like the decimal is in the wrong place.  
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/133335208851

 

OK, what is going on here.  This exact copy was posted on the Vancouver Video Game Buy, Sell and Trade Facebook group over a month ago.  I didn't have a Canadian Mouse Trap so I messaged him and agreed to buy it for $12 but he didn't reply to my last message and I didn't think it was worth following up for a rough Mouse Trap so I left it.  I checked his post a few weeks later and it was marked as sold, so I forgot about it.  He still has it posted on the FB group:

 

IMG_9823.thumb.PNG.2e970d9ab7a63cb7d238cf531328915e.PNG

 

Well, earlier this week I was searching eBay and saw this exact copy posted (though I don't think it had this price...maybe I didn't notice?).  It was listed from Sumas, WA which is right over the border from the FB post above which is in Chilliwack, BC.  So I bumped my old FB messenger chat with him from over a month ago to see if it was still available, and he said it was.  So we agreed to meet, and today I bought it for $12.  Yes, it's rough but at least I have one to build on:

 

IMG_9822.thumb.jpg.d3fd62270eeb1e74ea9e09b12e5b0024.jpg

 

The guy was nice and doesn't seem like he's scamming anyone.  I also bought a Canadian Royal Dealer for a box upgrade.  So this post for $2228.99 must be some sort of mistake.  I'll message him to see what he has to say.

 

EDIT - I don't know anything about selling on eBay.  Perhaps because he sold it outside of eBay he obviously can't sell it again, but for some reason doesn't want to take down his eBay listing so he raises the price to a ridiculous level where nobody will buy it?

Edited by BigDumer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

OK, what is going on here.  This exact copy was posted on the Vancouver Video Game Buy, Sell and Trade Facebook group over a month ago.  I didn't have a Canadian Mouse Trap so I messaged him and agreed to buy it for $12 but he didn't reply to my last message and I didn't think it was worth following up for a rough Mouse Trap so I left it.  I checked his post a few weeks later and it was marked as sold, so I forgot about it.  He still has it posted on the FB group:

 

IMG_9823.thumb.PNG.2e970d9ab7a63cb7d238cf531328915e.PNG

 

Well, earlier this week I was searching eBay and saw this exact copy posted (though I don't think it had this price...maybe I didn't notice?).  It was listed from Sumas, WA which is right over the border from the FB post above which is in Chilliwack, BC.  So I bumped my old FB messenger chat with him from over a month ago to see if it was still available, and he said it was.  So we agreed to meet, and today I bought it for $12.  Yes, it's rough but at least I have one to build on:

 

IMG_9822.thumb.jpg.d3fd62270eeb1e74ea9e09b12e5b0024.jpg

 

The guy was nice and doesn't seem like he's scamming anyone.  I also bought a Canadian Royal Dealer for a box upgrade.  So this post for $2228.99 must be some sort of mistake.  I'll message him to see what he has to say.

 

EDIT - I don't know anything about selling on eBay.  Perhaps because he sold it outside of eBay he obviously can't sell it again, but for some reason doesn't want to take down his eBay listing so he raises the price to a ridiculous level where nobody will buy it?

Awesome! That's a really hard version to come by. For $12 you can't go wrong. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Awesome! That's a really hard version to come by. For $12 you can't go wrong. 

Y’know, I feel I am pretty knowledgeable about variants at this point (though far from the expert) but I am embarrassed to admit that I totally didn’t know about the Mouse version.  It’s not listed on INTVFunhouse and somehow, even though I have looked at this post on the FB group many times in the last month, I didn’t notice that it was different than the “Plays like the real arcade game” version on INTVFunhouse.

 

So I learned about a new (rare) Canadian variant and got lucky to get it even though it had been for sale for over a month!

Edited by BigDumer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BigDumer said:

OK, what is going on here.  This exact copy was posted on the Vancouver Video Game Buy, Sell and Trade Facebook group over a month ago.  I didn't have a Canadian Mouse Trap so I messaged him and agreed to buy it for $12 but he didn't reply to my last message and I didn't think it was worth following up for a rough Mouse Trap so I left it.  I checked his post a few weeks later and it was marked as sold, so I forgot about it.  He still has it posted on the FB group:

 

IMG_9823.thumb.PNG.2e970d9ab7a63cb7d238cf531328915e.PNG

 

Well, earlier this week I was searching eBay and saw this exact copy posted (though I don't think it had this price...maybe I didn't notice?).  It was listed from Sumas, WA which is right over the border from the FB post above which is in Chilliwack, BC.  So I bumped my old FB messenger chat with him from over a month ago to see if it was still available, and he said it was.  So we agreed to meet, and today I bought it for $12.  Yes, it's rough but at least I have one to build on:

 

IMG_9822.thumb.jpg.d3fd62270eeb1e74ea9e09b12e5b0024.jpg

 

The guy was nice and doesn't seem like he's scamming anyone.  I also bought a Canadian Royal Dealer for a box upgrade.  So this post for $2228.99 must be some sort of mistake.  I'll message him to see what he has to say.

 

EDIT - I don't know anything about selling on eBay.  Perhaps because he sold it outside of eBay he obviously can't sell it again, but for some reason doesn't want to take down his eBay listing so he raises the price to a ridiculous level where nobody will buy it?

That pretty much explains everything. 

I am glad you were able to pick it up at such a decent price! 👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll have to see if I have this one.  Years ago I remember sorting through my Coleco variants and grouping the ones with the picture icons, but I don't remember which ones I have.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

It’s also french canadian bilingual box

So there's THREE Canadian versions of Mouse Trap!?!  They warn you not to collect Intellivision variants.  I heard them but...I didn't listen.  Bah.  Spreadsheet updated.  Thanks Steve!

 

I saw a rumour that a certain SOMEONE is planning a post with all the Canadian variants and I was a little nervous that there would be a couple variants that I don't know about.  Now I'm terrified that there will be a lot.

 

/So glad that I am staying away from European, Brazilian or Japanese versions.  Although those 4 white box Euro versions are pretty cool. Oh, and Draughts.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

Oh, and Draughts.


You can also go for the Australian version of Draughts. ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BigDumer said:

OK, what is going on here.  This exact copy was posted on the Vancouver Video Game Buy, Sell and Trade Facebook group over a month ago.  I didn't have a Canadian Mouse Trap so I messaged him and agreed to buy it for $12 but he didn't reply to my last message and I didn't think it was worth following up for a rough Mouse Trap so I left it.  I checked his post a few weeks later and it was marked as sold, so I forgot about it.  He still has it posted on the FB group:

 

IMG_9823.thumb.PNG.2e970d9ab7a63cb7d238cf531328915e.PNG

 

Well, earlier this week I was searching eBay and saw this exact copy posted (though I don't think it had this price...maybe I didn't notice?).  It was listed from Sumas, WA which is right over the border from the FB post above which is in Chilliwack, BC.  So I bumped my old FB messenger chat with him from over a month ago to see if it was still available, and he said it was.  So we agreed to meet, and today I bought it for $12.  Yes, it's rough but at least I have one to build on:

 

IMG_9822.thumb.jpg.d3fd62270eeb1e74ea9e09b12e5b0024.jpg

 

The guy was nice and doesn't seem like he's scamming anyone.  I also bought a Canadian Royal Dealer for a box upgrade.  So this post for $2228.99 must be some sort of mistake.  I'll message him to see what he has to say.

 

EDIT - I don't know anything about selling on eBay.  Perhaps because he sold it outside of eBay he obviously can't sell it again, but for some reason doesn't want to take down his eBay listing so he raises the price to a ridiculous level where nobody will buy it?

Thanks for clearing up the mystery.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigDumer said:

So there's THREE Canadian versions of Mouse Trap!?!  They warn you not to collect Intellivision variants.  I heard them but...I didn't listen.  Bah.  Spreadsheet updated.  Thanks Steve!

 

I saw a rumour that a certain SOMEONE is planning a post with all the Canadian variants and I was a little nervous that there would be a couple variants that I don't know about.  Now I'm terrified that there will be a lot.

 

/So glad that I am staying away from European, Brazilian or Japanese versions.  Although those 4 white box Euro versions are pretty cool. Oh, and Draughts.

I'd argue there's four...😎

 

 

A106C612-E095-4DA2-BC3A-E73D7A8BAD51.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, that’s probably the same as my top left one but i’m afraid to try and remove the sticker, I did on the top right one and it pulled some cardboard with it, hence my hacky “colour it in with a sharpie” job, amazing how strong 40 year old glue still is.

 

although i know you count stickers as box variations haha

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

Hmm, that’s probably the same as my top left one but i’m afraid to try and remove the sticker, I did on the top right one and it pulled some cardboard with it, hence my hacky “colour it in with a sharpie” job, amazing how strong 40 year old glue still is.

 

although i know you count stickers as box variations haha

Lol. It likely is the same one but as you mentioned, "stickers are variations too!" 😂 the illness can run very deep. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Lol. It likely is the same one but as you mentioned, "stickers are variations too!" 😂 the illness can run very deep. 

I must...resist...can't...afford...all.  

 

For now I'm not counting stickers as variants on my list.  That said, I am counting "Buzz Bombers with black marker through the 1 or 2 can play" since I have one of those.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigDumer said:

I must...resist...can't...afford...all.  

 

For now I'm not counting stickers as variants on my list.  That said, I am counting "Buzz Bombers with black marker through the 1 or 2 can play" since I have one of those.  

But do you also have it without the marker through the 1 or can play? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

But do you also have it without the marker through the 1 or can play? 

I do! And the gatefold, the Intellivision Inc. and the Canadian.

 

What can I say - it was one of my favourites as a kid.  It seems to have a bad reputation as a poor Centipede knockoff but I still enjoy it. It’s so satisfying when you position the honeycombs just right to trap the bees and create beehives. But that damn bird always ruins it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always struggled to bring myself to get into the Coleco / CBS variations seriously. The boxes are so fragile and the games mostly not that great that it demotivates me. Now, if properly bribed, I could get to work on making site updates.... :P

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, intvsteve said:

I've always struggled to bring myself to get into the Coleco / CBS variations seriously. The boxes are so fragile and the games mostly not that great that it demotivates me. Now, if properly bribed, I could get to work on making site updates.... :P

there are many....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Here we go again...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264705427237

I swear if this breaks $1000 I'm getting mine graded and auctioning it 🙄

And here I just want a "decent looking condition" boxed copy. (Basically just so the spine isn't broken from being flattened, no missing pieces of cardboard, and no big tears.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least they started the auction at a realistic number. I hate the grading garbage but here you can see what people really think it’s worth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...