IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

This LFII New Schrink wrapped MINT is not any more for sale (it was at $1.400).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123872523888
Does the description here below make sense???

To me not at all...

Hope no one bought it (at that price at least)!

"Here's a copy of Intellivision Learning Fun II - one of the rarest games in the entire Intelliviison library! This game was purchased by me directly from the factory that physically manufactured this title back in the mid 1990's. When I received it, the box was flattened and had never even been folded into shape! I folded the box into shape, put the cartridge and instruction manual into the box and had a friend of mine who owned the equipment shrinkwrap it for me to protect the box from damage. It has sat stored in a larger cardboard box in that condition for the last 20+ years until yesterday when I took it out. You aren't going to find a copy of this game in better condition. It's been five years since the last NEW copy of this game has even appeared on eBay."

3 hours ago, Morpheus said:

This LFII New Schrink wrapped MINT is not any more for sale (it was at $1.400).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123872523888
Does the description here below make sense???

To me not at all...

Hope no one bought it (at that price at least)!

"Here's a copy of Intellivision Learning Fun II - one of the rarest games in the entire Intelliviison library! This game was purchased by me directly from the factory that physically manufactured this title back in the mid 1990's. When I received it, the box was flattened and had never even been folded into shape! I folded the box into shape, put the cartridge and instruction manual into the box and had a friend of mine who owned the equipment shrinkwrap it for me to protect the box from damage. It has sat stored in a larger cardboard box in that condition for the last 20+ years until yesterday when I took it out. You aren't going to find a copy of this game in better condition. It's been five years since the last NEW copy of this game has even appeared on eBay."

I think he’s saying when he bought it new, it came as a cart, instructions, and unfolded box separately. He assembled the box and put stuff in it and then had a friend shrink it.  Not sure if any of that would be true or not, but it is awfully nice and I have no doubt someone paid up to get it.  

Yes thats 1 of sean kellys. Thats exactly how it happened. He had bought pretty much all the old stock of these back when they stopped selling them and assembled and shrink wrapped some when he got them.

He had ALOT of them he even gave them away to friends and i think even threw some out.

Now i think he is down to the last couple he had...that 1 could even have been it.

Thank you guys to clarify the story and excuse my bad thinking...

I have a repro box of that game (identical to the original, I think impossible to distinguish) so to add a loose cart, a manual and get it schrink wrapped it’s not a big deal...

By why LF2 would have been in production until the mid ´90s??

INTV closed in 1989 ...

Yes no problem. I agree if it was pretty much anyone else i would be skeptical too.

I dont know if it was still in production into the mid 90s? But telegames was definitely selling the old stock into the late 90s. I dont know if they actually made any new copies themselves too like they did for other systems? You could even order them thru radio shack from them.

The nice repro box just has the wording on the inside box flap on the bottom. I think thats the only difference so once shrinkwrapped i think your right that you could no longer say for sure if someone did that. But Sean wouldnt i know.

• Thanks 1

For quite a while you could get various games by special order from Radio Shack. IIRC many stores had a binder that listed inventory and you could try your luck. Not sure what places like Toys R Us and Kay Bee did. 

wow. Every single one of those places is gone now. Definitely feeling old. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, intvsteve said:

For quite a while you could get various games by special order from Radio Shack. IIRC many stores had a binder that listed inventory and you could try your luck. Not sure what places like Toys R Us and Kay Bee did. 

wow. Every single one of those places is gone now. Definitely feeling old. 

I was getting Intellivison games from Radio Shack as late as 2010 if my memory serves. I got a Bowling with a 2 pic back. I also ordered from Telegames but can't remember when the last time I ordered was. From Telegames SP Volleyball was $39.99.

100_0223.thumb.JPG.4b61737e141351bc08a35dfbe9df398f.JPG

100_0209.thumb.JPG.12c1f1ac29f4110a88ab8aeab6d10cd3.JPG

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Thank you guys to clarify the story and excuse my bad thinking...

I have a repro box of that game (identical to the original, I think impossible to distinguish) so to add a loose cart, a manual and get it schrink wrapped it’s not a big deal...

By why LF2 would have been in production until the mid ´90s??

INTV closed in 1989 ...

I purchased my Learning fun 1 and 2 brand new in the box from Telegames in  the United Kingdom in either 1998 or 1999 along with my Spiker!,Body Slam and a few others.

They must have purchased the remaining stock from INTV when they went out of business. 

I remember ordering off that games list Humblejack posted above.

Edited by wolfy62
Adding info.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Morpheus said:

This Sean Kellys is really cool!

Lot of respect!?

https://www.journal-topics.com/articles/blast-from-past/

Sean is definitely one of the original "legends" of the hobby. I've met him several times at shows/etc, great dude. I've bought a LOT of cool stuff from him over the last 20 years...

2 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

Sean is definitely one of the original "legends" of the hobby. I've met him several times at shows/etc, great dude. I've bought a LOT of cool stuff from him over the last 20 years...

Speaking of,I got my Shrinkwrapped Super Cobra and Tutankhamun from Sean Kelly right around 2000 or 2001 which was a huge help to me completing my 125!?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, stupus said:

Yes thats 1 of sean kellys. Thats exactly how it happened. He had bought pretty much all the old stock of these back when they stopped selling them and assembled and shrink wrapped some when he got them.

He had ALOT of them he even gave them away to friends and i think even threw some out.

Now i think he is down to the last couple he had...that 1 could even have been it.

I bought one of these from Sean maybe 7-8 years ago 

• Like 3