IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

53 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

That is screaming for a side deal. Lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cmart604 said:

That is screaming for a side deal. Lol

that listing is molding in my watchlist on eBay since years. I tried to contact the seller 4 or 5 times unsuccessfully... until I finally found the Sears Hockey manual that I was missing elsewhere (thank you Chris!!!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

How do you check that these days?  There used to be online tools that could reveal these things, but all the ones I know of stopped working a while ago.

I was chatting with the seller on Ebay, he wrote me that he accepted the 500 bucks…

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Congrats if it’s what I think it is!

It is.

The only conclusion i can come to for what final price (which was about correct according to current values) was, was that some collectors decided not to bid. I honestly expected it to go atleast double what it did. I only thought it would be a crazy-high auction because of the way these games have been over the past 4 months. I guess the prices are coming back down. That is good for everone except those that are selling..lol.

Edited by Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog

14 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

It is.

The only conclusion i can come to for what final price (which was about correct according to current values) was, was that some collectors decided not to bid. I honestly expected it to go atleast double what it did. I only thought it would be a crazy-high auction because of the way these games have been over the past 4 months. I guess the prices are coming back down. That is good for everone except those that are selling..lol.

You’re welcome. LOL. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

It is.

I would of tried harder myself, but I only needed one of them and even then, it was just as an upgrade.  Couldn’t justify going that much for mostly doubles.  That should get you down to 1 of these, correct?   Unfortunately it’s the same one I’m still trying for. 

58 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

I would of tried harder myself, but I only needed one of them and even then, it was just as an upgrade.  Couldn’t justify going that much for mostly doubles.  That should get you down to 1 of these, correct?   Unfortunately it’s the same one I’m still trying for. 

Yes...

Just the one. (Math Fun).

We will need to keep tabs on each other now so we dont end up driving the price up for the other. Im sure a couple will come along this year either at auction or trade. We should both be good.

My goal is to trade for it if i can find someone with an extra, or someone selling them off. I would prefer that to buying.

53 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Yes...

Just the one. (Math Fun).

We will need to keep tabs on each other now so we dont end up driving the price up for the other. Im sure a couple will come along this year either at auction or trade. We should both be good.

My goal is to trade for it if i can find someone with an extra, or someone selling them off. I would prefer that to buying.

As would I.  I know I have extras of most or the other FCTVVO titles and was hoping I could do a trade with one of those.  

On 5/30/2022 at 1:59 AM, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Has anybody received any of the games (with marker IDs on them) from the seller on Ebay yet?

Im curious if anyone was able to lighten or remove the markings. He has alot of games to sell, all with marker damage. He bought the stock from an old rental store. All of the boxes and manuals have the marker numbers.

20220530_035357.jpg

I finally got around to attempting to lighten/remove the marking from the box... I was partly successful as noted in the pictures.  This particular box had the number in marker and also in red pen.  Surprisingly, the one in pen came off rather easy using an art eraser and not too much pressure.  Luckily the background was white so that helped.  I tried it on another box that was green and wasn't as successful.  So for the marker I used rubbing alcohol and slight pressure and that worked to an extent.  When I rubbed too hard it started to damage the colors underneath so I stopped there.  The number was also etched on the cart, good for inventory but bad for collectors.  no number written on the manual though.  Not the best condition but this Checkers FCTVVO will have to do for now.    

IMG_20220528_141959387_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220528_142049107_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220605_191719594_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220605_191730043.jpg

IMG_20220605_191943700_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mojotv67 said:

I finally got around to attempting to lighten/remove the marking from the box... I was partly successful as noted in the pictures.  This particular box had the number in marker and also in red pen.  Surprisingly, the one in pen came off rather easy using an art eraser and not too much pressure.  Luckily the background was white so that helped.  I tried it on another box that was green and wasn't as successful.  So for the marker I used rubbing alcohol and slight pressure and that worked to an extent.  When I rubbed too hard it started to damage the colors underneath so I stopped there.  The number was also etched on the cart, good for inventory but bad for collectors.  no number written on the manual though.  Not the best condition but this Checkers FCTVVO will have to do for now.    

IMG_20220528_141959387_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220528_142049107_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220605_191719594_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220605_191730043.jpg

IMG_20220605_191943700_HDR.jpg

What i would do is, look for an early Checkers cart with no "insert to line" on Ebay... then switch the boards out. You can get that same cart shell in any of the early Checkers games with color manuals. You should find one fairly easily.

As far as the box goes, i think you did a good job considering.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

same here: I had targeted one of them but I wasn't willing to go too high. I'm happy those babies found a welcoming home 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 11:19 PM, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

What i would do is, look for an early Checkers cart with no "insert to line" on Ebay... then switch the boards out. You can get that same cart shell in any of the early Checkers games with color manuals. You should find one fairly easily.

As far as the box goes, i think you did a good job considering.

I’m already seeing folks trying to flip these titles with the numbers in marker on eBay.  Sad. 

On 6/7/2022 at 11:22 AM, Atari_Bill said:

I’m already seeing folks trying to flip these titles with the numbers in marker on eBay.  Sad. 

Lots of that going on. I saw a Congo Bongo pop up complete in the box last week for $200...  (a great catch). But i passed as i already have it. It was gone a few minutes later. I hope the buyer actually needed it for their collection.