IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

You are an amazing sniper Bill!

Honestly, since I’ve retired I spend FAR too much time checking eBay.  It has led to some great pickups, but it’s also led to spending more than I ever planned.   It’s hard to see something that’s a great deal and NOT say, I can’t pass that up.  That’s why I’ve been trying to sell extra stock.   I’ve been working through Atari 2600 stuff for months now and finally got everything tested and working on pricing.  Once that’s done, Intellivision stuff is next.  The amount of that will easily take months to get through as well. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Intellivision stuff is next.

Very good Bill, you must have some amazing piece in your extra stuff!!!?

Here in Europe it’s difficult to catch the good deals cuz there is 6 hours time leg (at least) so we miss all stuff listed during your afternoon/evening…?

19 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Very good Bill, you must have some amazing piece in your extra stuff!!!?

Here in Europe it’s difficult to catch the good deals cuz there is 6 hours time leg (at least) so we miss all stuff listed during your afternoon/evening…?

I have some pretty nice goodies to sell. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sealed Intellivision Inc. Backgammon on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/165584372680?hash=item268d9903c8:g:0vYAAOSwM4di04iu

The seller posted this on reddit yesterday with a "Why doesn't this have the ABPA license" - so I DM'd him to tell him that this is a pretty desirable game. I've never seen a sealed one.  Now, it is far from perfect condition and that will be a factor.  I made what I think is a fair offer for it, but was totally honest that the crazy sealed collectors might pay a lot more.  If I had bought it, I would have opened it.  So he made the smart call to post it on eBay.

Haha, but if someone DOES win this auction to replace their non-sealed copy, maybe think of me for your old one.  And forget that I called you crazy above.

Edited by BigDumer

27 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

Sealed Intellivision Inc. Backgammon on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/165584372680?hash=item268d9903c8:g:0vYAAOSwM4di04iu

The seller posted this on reddit yesterday with a "Why doesn't this have the ABPA license" - so I DM'd him to tell him that this is a pretty desirable game. I've never seen a sealed one.  Now, it is far from perfect condition and that will be a factor.  I made what I think is a fair offer for it, but was totally honest that the crazy sealed collectors might pay a lot more.  If I had bought it, I would have opened it.  So he made the smart call to post it on eBay.

Haha, but if someone DOES win this auction to replace their non-sealed copy, maybe think of me for your old one.  And forget that I called you crazy above.

Nice move BugDumer!?

Would be nice to know if it’s a white label inside !!!?

28 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

Argh!…. I know the guy who BOUGHT that item on eBay when he had a Buy-it-now of $25. The seller retracted the sale and claim that the item is no longer for sale. Now i see that he put it back up, but now as an auction item. Scum bag!

Not your fault, but I know the guy you inadvertently screwed over.. LOL

To add to my previous comment, I do consider myself highly knowledgeable on shrink wrapped games on the Intellivision ( I have one of the top three biggest original shrink wrapped game collections). This shrink wrapping material is not used on Intellivision games. Notice the single hole punch in the shrink wrap? This is to let the air out when the material is shrinking. It gives it a nice tight seal without trapping air inside and making the shrink wrap expand like a balloon. Intellivision never used this material. Mattel or Intellivision inc.

Further more, there appears to be a “10.99”written on the top left corner of the game box under the shrink. There is also wear marks & damage to the sides and bottom of the box (looking at the front cover view) under the shrink wrapping. This plus other signs lead me to conclude without doubt that this is not an original Shrink wrapped game, but rather a re-wrap done by a 3rd party store long ago in order to sell games and avoid customers to open the box and take items.

I hope the highest bidder does not get fooled.

My 2 cents..

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kamikazi26 said:

Argh!…. I know the guy who BOUGHT that item on eBay when he had a Buy-it-now of $25. The seller retracted the sale and claim that the item is no longer for sale. Now i see that he put it back up, but now as an auction item. Scum bag!

Thats a bummer when that happens.

Thats why i always wait to post my good deals until after i have the items in hand. It has happened to me numerous times. Unfortunately, its usually another collector (that missed out on the deal) that gives the information to the seller.

I dont get involved after ive missed out. Good for whoever is quick enough to get it at a good price i say.

54 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

Yeah thanks a lot, I had that at $25 bucks! Then he cancelled the completed sale. I hope I can find a way to repay you!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Thats why i always wait to post my good deals until after i have the items in hand. It has happened to me numerous times. Unfortunately, its usually another collector (that missed out on the deal) that gives the information to the seller.

I dont get involved after ive missed out. Good for whoever is quick enough to get it at a good price i say.

Yeah, sour grapes folks suck balls.

4 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Never post until item is at least in transit.  I’ve been screwed over by that too from time to time. 

3 minutes ago, Kamikazi26 said:

To add to my previous comment, I do consider myself highly knowledgeable on shrink wrapped games on the Intellivision ( I have one of the top three biggest original shrink wrapped game collections). This shrink wrapping material is not used on Intellivision games. Notice the single hole punch in the shrink wrap? This is to let the air out when the material is shrinking. It gives it a nice tight seal without trapping air inside and making the shrink wrap expand like a balloon. Intellivision never used this material. Mattel or Intellivision inc.

Further more, there appears to be a “10.99”written on the top left corner of the game box under the shrink. There is also wear marks & damage to the sides and bottom of the box (looking at the front cover view) under the shrink wrapping. This plus other signs lead me to conclude without doubt that this is not an original Shrink wrapped game, but rather a re-wrap done by a 3rd party store long ago in order to sell games and avoid customers to open the box and take items.

I hope the highest bidder does not get fooled.

My 2 cents..

If someone is seriously going to try for this game, let me know... i wont bid on it.

If not, i can try to win it... then open it up (on Video) to see if it is in fact original. We can see whats what. How does that sound?  I dont need the game so it will be available if anyone needs it after.  Dumb idea? 

3 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Never post until item is at least in transit.  I’ve been screwed over by that too from time to time. 

I know, trust me.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

If someone is seriously going to try for this game, let me know... i wont bid on it.

If not, i can try to win it... then open it up (on Video) to see if it is in fact original. We can see whats what. How does that sound?  I dont need the game so it will be available if anyone needs it after.  Dumb idea? 

Bid away. I'm pretty sure I've lost interest in this one...even though I offered him a good offer when it got re-listed.

40 minutes ago, Kamikazi26 said:

Ah, geez. It was posted on r/retrogaming and the post had no replies after 8 hours. Just someone wanting to know why this version looked different than the others. I really want an Intellivision Inc. Backgammon so I DM'd him to see if I could make a deal, but I admit to being honest that the item is rare and making what I consider a fair offer. I'm not surprised that my offer, much higher than the $25 BIN led him to post it as an auction. Luc, my apologies to your fiend, whatever that is worth. I'd be super bummed if my amazing deal got taken away.