IGNORED

BAD-ASS custom Dust Covers

MEtalGuy66

Yes you did. By showing a picture of your offending dust cover, you are taunting ST owners by saying they are inferior.

I did not.. I Alluded to the fact that the AMIGA was the platform that was designed to directly succeed the ATARI 8-bit.

As far as what was printed on the Dust cover, that's my preference and business and I have every right to post a picture of it in a thread that I started, for the purpose of showing samples of a product for the benefits of others who may want to have somethinbg similar made. You guys have the ability to keep your mouth shut if its not something you like.

So what if it's an 8-bit subforum? Or any subforum for that matter? You don't think there are any ST enthusiasts who are also 8-bit enthusiasts too? You really think Atari owners are clearly divided between the 8-bit side and the ST sides? You really think one can only like one or the other? Well, I have news for you. I (and many other forum members) enjoy ALL my Ataris. Apparently you can't handle the truth that people can enjoy multiple products whether they are Ataris or not. When posting anything on any public forum, you should be mindful of other people's feelings and not just yours. :x

Well, you're right. I dont personally give a damn about your feelings.. And I am not liable for them either. If I attack you directly, or issue some kind of profane or unfair statement towards you personally, then I am in violation of the rules of this forum. Otherwise, be a man, suck it up, and if you wanna whine about it publicly, start your own thread rather than trashing out this one.. Noone cares..

I don't think anyone is "divided" in any sort of manner. I dont know where you get that crap. My only point is that this is NOT the ST forum.. So if you wanna go somewhere that people will for sure share your point of view, go in there.. I could have posted that picture just as easily in the ST forum, but I didnt.

Really? Looks to me like every single damn statement I made was SUPPORTING the guy who posted the thread.. Rather than whining about it which you are doing here. I don't see a single instance where an ST user posted something, and I went in there and made smart-assed comments about it, trying to start a flame-war. I happen to like smash-up videos. I think it's great. If you dont like it, I'm sorry but you shouldn't let it ruin your day.

Once again, I am asking you POLITELY, to please be more respectable to other fellow AtariAge forum members in the future. We all enjoy using different products and insulting them only makes you an insecure immature bully who doesn't respect other people who are not like you. We are all adults here (at least I am). :|

Once again. I did not INSULT anyone, or any product. If you don't like my dust cover, don't look at it. If you feel "bullied" by someone on a web forum, then YOU are the one with security issues..

Now I'm gonna politely ask you (and anyone else who wants to continue this train of useless debate) to do so privately. I will be more than happy to explain this to you as many times/ways as you want in a private message. Please do not continue to trash this thread out with crap. Noone in here cares, and it's annoying as hell to have to sift through this garbage to find the posts which actually pertain to the subject of the thread. Not only that, it attracts "Jokers" who find it humerous to interject even more off-topic posts trying to instigate..

Now PLEASE, PM me with any response you have to this message. I really will debate it to your satisfaction, I promise. Leave this thread for those who want to pose questions/comments regarding the Dust Covers.

Edited by MEtalGuy66
  • Like 1

I bought one of the covers off eBay for a 130XE some time ago. It works, but it's thin and entirely the wrong colour (brown and beige). I need something cat-proof. These covers look good, and I watch with interest. Could be interested in grey for the XE, plus an XF and 600XL cover if they become available.

They're available. Updated last night: http://www.slor.net/a8/covers.html

FYI - My wife is machine-agnostic. She has equally little use for all the platforms...

Thanks

James

• Like 3

FYI - My wife is machine-agnostic. She has equally little use for all the platforms...

Thanks

James

Had to laugh at that bit in bold.

Hehehe, my wife resembles that remark, as the old saying goes. She *cheers* everytime she sees

a movie where someone destroys a computer... Even though she'll sit for hours on some dead-end

site like Topix anonymously provoking flamewars. :)

James, I know that it would be rather largish, but could you do

something the size of say, the SC1224 monitor? Thanks.

Seen some posts over in the ST forums looking for these. There

might be a demand...

Don't see why not. I don't actually own one anymore, but I'm pretty sure another local Atari enthusiast could lend me one to get the pattern.

James

Thanks

James

Had to laugh at that bit in bold.

Hehehe, my wife resembles that remark, as the old saying goes. She *cheers* everytime she sees

a movie where someone destroys a computer... Even though she'll sit for hours on some dead-end

site like Topix anonymously provoking flamewars. :)

my wifes eye glaze over when the 'A' word is mentioned, but she is sitting there downloading source and compiling it to get her ubuntu machine to sync her blackberry...

no she isnt a CS person, she is the assistant plant manager for a recycling company...

next she is gonna figure out how to make dvd's with menus for some work videos for training...

sloopy.

• Like 1

James, I know that it would be rather largish, but could you do

something the size of say, the SC1224 monitor? Thanks.

Seen some posts over in the ST forums looking for these. There

might be a demand...

Don't see why not. I don't actually own one anymore, but I'm pretty sure another local Atari enthusiast could lend me one to get the pattern.

James

Only if I get the prototype for cheap ;-)

Yes you did. By showing a picture of your offending dust cover, you are taunting ST owners by saying they are inferior.

I did not.. I Alluded to the fact that the AMIGA was the platform that was designed to directly succeed the ATARI 8-bit.

As far as what was printed on the Dust cover, that's my preference and business and I have every right to post a picture of it in a thread that I started, for the purpose of showing samples of a product for the benefits of others who may want to have somethinbg similar made. You guys have the ability to keep your mouth shut if its not something you like.

So what if it's an 8-bit subforum? Or any subforum for that matter? You don't think there are any ST enthusiasts who are also 8-bit enthusiasts too? You really think Atari owners are clearly divided between the 8-bit side and the ST sides? You really think one can only like one or the other? Well, I have news for you. I (and many other forum members) enjoy ALL my Ataris. Apparently you can't handle the truth that people can enjoy multiple products whether they are Ataris or not. When posting anything on any public forum, you should be mindful of other people's feelings and not just yours. :x

Well, you're right. I dont personally give a damn about your feelings.. And I am not liable for them either. If I attack you directly, or issue some kind of profane or unfair statement towards you personally, then I am in violation of the rules of this forum. Otherwise, be a man, suck it up, and if you wanna whine about it publicly, start your own thread rather than trashing out this one.. Noone cares..

I don't think anyone is "divided" in any sort of manner. I dont know where you get that crap. My only point is that this is NOT the ST forum.. So if you wanna go somewhere that people will for sure share your point of view, go in there.. I could have posted that picture just as easily in the ST forum, but I didnt.

Really? Looks to me like every single damn statement I made was SUPPORTING the guy who posted the thread.. Rather than whining about it which you are doing here. I don't see a single instance where an ST user posted something, and I went in there and made smart-assed comments about it, trying to start a flame-war. I happen to like smash-up videos. I think it's great. If you dont like it, I'm sorry but you shouldn't let it ruin your day.

Once again, I am asking you POLITELY, to please be more respectable to other fellow AtariAge forum members in the future. We all enjoy using different products and insulting them only makes you an insecure immature bully who doesn't respect other people who are not like you. We are all adults here (at least I am). :|

Once again. I did not INSULT anyone, or any product. If you don't like my dust cover, don't look at it. If you feel "bullied" by someone on a web forum, then YOU are the one with security issues..

Now I'm gonna politely ask you (and anyone else who wants to continue this train of useless debate) to do so privately. I will be more than happy to explain this to you as many times/ways as you want in a private message. Please do not continue to trash this thread out with crap. Noone in here cares, and it's annoying as hell to have to sift through this garbage to find the posts which actually pertain to the subject of the thread. Not only that, it attracts "Jokers" who find it humerous to interject even more off-topic posts trying to instigate..

Now PLEASE, PM me with any response you have to this message. I really will debate it to your satisfaction, I promise. Leave this thread for those who want to pose questions/comments regarding the Dust Covers.

No, buster. I already asked YOU politely to stop this garbage first, but you still have to keep this useless thread going by replying with lame excuses and insults. Look who is talking about having security issues. Sheesh. :roll:

I am ending this now (even though I know you are going to reply to this just to get the last jab in).

Hey I was thinking (dangerous,I know).. Since these dust covers fit so snug, and they are already being made with "reliefs" in appropriate places for all the ports, would it be possible to make one that also has finished "cutouts" for the keyboard, function keys, and cart slot? Basically an ATARI "bra"?

• 3 months later...

Bump-o-rama!

Just received my dust cover today for my Atari 1200XL, one word - QUALITY!

These really are top notch items, absolute perfect fit and the stitching of the Atari 'Fuji' with the 1200XL below is first class!

if you're looking for the finishing touch for your beloved Atari, this is it! These guys provide a great service and fast shipping, thanks!

Dom

Bump-o-rama!

These really are top notch items, absolute perfect fit and the stitching of the Atari 'Fuji' with the 1200XL below is first class!

if you're looking for the finishing touch for your beloved Atari, this is it! These guys provide a great service and fast shipping, thanks!

Dom

Piccy?

Measurements have been taken for all the systems I happen to own at the moment, and my wife has provided me with a list of prices for them. You can find the info here: http://www.slor.net/a8/covers.html

If you happen to be interested in something for a machine you don't see listed there, just drop me a line and we'll see if I can get ahold of one.

Thanks!

James

Hey James.

Was wondering if you can do one for my STacy? I'd like to have one for it when its

sitting out.

When we can get that worked out, I also want to order the 800XL cover as well.

Thanks! :)

Hey James.

Was wondering if you can do one for my STacy? I'd like to have one for it when its

sitting out.

When we can get that worked out, I also want to order the 800XL cover as well.

Thanks! :)

Will send you a PM.

thanks

James

My girlfriend and I have one of those computer embroidery machines. Of course, I do all the digitizing on the computer and have ended up being the one who always gets stuck doing the embroidery!! LOL

The rainbow thread, when it is embroidered, looks really cool.

Here's a couple of examples of what the thread can look like.

post-6701-0-29397700-1302808664_thumb.jpg post-6701-0-34520700-1302808665_thumb.jpg

Bump-o-rama!

Dom

Piccy?

D'oh! That would be a good idea, wouldn't it??:roll:

The picture doesn't do it justice, really is a top piece of Atari goodness! Only problem is, now I want a dust cover for my dust cover!:D

post-24505-0-92405100-1302814445_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but I finally (mostly :) ) finished my STacy project so I

ordered a cover from Slor's wife. Got it in today and like everyone else, I agree that the quality

is top notch. Well worth the money, IMHO.

post-5822-0-79634700-1364671183_thumb.jpg

post-5822-0-99365100-1364671200_thumb.jpg

post-5822-0-57026800-1364671218_thumb.jpg

post-5822-0-15565100-1364671235_thumb.jpg

post-5822-0-49514000-1364671254_thumb.jpg

post-5822-0-43898900-1364671271_thumb.jpg

After all, this puppy deserves a good cover when its sitting out,

and not on the road with me... :)

• Like 1