IGNORED

Have you hacked your PSP?

SlowCoder

The PSP model 1000 and 2000 can be hacked pretty easily these days, all you need pretty much is something called ChickHen and the custom firmware you want to upload. I recommend 5.50 Gen D or B IMO. I believe the 3000 model is now hackable too, but I remember reading that there was a pretty good risk of bricking it. What version is your firmware? If it's too up to date you can't hack it, Sony is all over this stuff. there are a metric ton of emulators for it. Off the top of my head, I've emulated Genesis, SNES, Neo Geo, Lynx, 7800, 5200, Sega Master System, Game Gear, Colecovision, Turbografx, Vectrex, MSX, Spectrum zx, Sega CD, N64(IT can be emulated but only a couple actually run, Star Fox is probably the best game it can run), All versions of the Game Boy and possibly the DS, And Mame. There a lot more I'm sure.

Yes i modded my PSP ( i still use 5.00 M33-6)

the best PSP to try and find is a 200X (slim) model. the model i have is the last capable revision that can make a pandora battery

The ice Daxter bundle PSP (which is the same model i have, i got lucky when i bought it used) http://www.amazon.com/PSP-Daxter-Entertainment-Pack-Silver-Sony/dp/B000U9TXJ0 I think that most of the Ice silver Daxter PSPs are of the same type, looking for this model is the easiest way to make sure you get a actual 2000 model (not a slim with a 3000 board).

there is quite a few people that look for the 1000 model because of its durability. but if you ask me if you take care of it the 2000 is better because it has double the amount of ram (64mb vs 32mb on the 1000). more ram is better if you want to use homebrew and emulators. plus since it has more ram it has better multitasking capabilities.

The 3000 is modable but i think it still has issues of being seen as a 1000 (only being able to use 32mb out of the 64mb available ram), plus i think it still has the issue of once turned off you have to re mod it (haven kept up with CFW in a while)

Edited by madmax2069

Yes. I have a 1000 model, running 5.50 GEN B.

Allthe above mentioned emulators are great, plus the Sony made CFw hacked version of this PS1 emulator which is great.

As is being able to back up UMDs and run them from the mem stick.

Psp-hacks.com has every game, emulator, and custom firmware ever released ready to download and decent instructions on how to set it all up.

Although it's best to buy a PSP 1000 or 2000, unlike what everyone here says, no matter what PSP version you buy, it will ONE day become hackable. People will find a way to hack into these things, but it's best to buy a older model.

Or, better yet, buy a new PSP, and hack your old current one.

Or, better yet, buy a new PSP, and hack your old current one.

I'd recommend that as well. I love my 1000 for emulation and playing older PSP games off the stick, but all of the more recent titles that require newer firmwares get played on a 3000 that I got early last year for that specific purpose. I just had to play the PSP version of Gran Turismo ;) Of course, there are plenty of other recent titles (Little Big Planet, Persona Portable, etc.) that are worth playing...

I"m not, what's that word? Oh yeah, smart. So no hacked PSP for me. If I had an extra, I might try it, but everytime I've ever asked, all I've gotten is "take a hacked PSP...." Uh...yeah, if i had a hacked PSP to begin with, I would have no need to hack it...would I? Anyhow If I come across some non "pre hacked PSP" walkthroughs, I might try it...after getting a dupe unit in case I ruin it (don't want to be out a system if I break it) Till then, yeah...no.

The PSP 1000 is 100% hackable no matter the firmware on it? I have heard this, and have not actually seen this being done. I have a PSP 2000 hacked, I'm honestly thinking of undoing that but I can't make myself do it. I'll more then likely get another one and use it as a standard PSP instead of undoing my hack.

I unmodded mine last week. My modded PSP had been loaded with all sorts of emulators and homebrew, but I never used it.

So now it's getting a bit more use as a PSN enabled PSP.

Edited by liveinabin

Yes, the PSP 1000 is 100% hackable as long as you have access to a hacked battery. Without a special battery, only certain versions (like 3.50) have vulnerabilities that allow them to be hacked.

It can also create a hacked battery, but the support for doing that was removed in the 2000.

Yes, the PSP 1000 is 100% hackable as long as you have access to a hacked battery. Without a special battery, only certain versions (like 3.50) have vulnerabilities that allow them to be hacked.

It can also create a hacked battery, but the support for doing that was removed in the 2000.

Yeah it was removed in the 2000 line but it was the last of the PSPs that could. people found out if you look for the ice silver daxter bundle psp chances are around 100% that it is the final version of psp that can make the pandora. there could be other bundles but you are risking that you could get the slim 2000 with the 3000 internals.

Edited by madmax2069