IGNORED

Spreading the Love with Free Games and More... Edicion Cinco

ApolloBoy

I know we've already established that the same people shouldn't keep claiming, but I'd also like to propose that we should only claim maybe up to 2 items per thread (although I know some op's suggest otherwise) to leave some for others who might want something instead of being greedy, hmmmm?

Everything is always taken by hoarders who like to snag 3-4+ items at a time...

Edited by FibroFreak78

like many I dont give a crap who takes it as long as its out of my house

and its very rare there are even 3-4 new items at a time, if your that worried about it subscribe to the thread and watch it like an ebay auction

TBH the few things I have gotten off of here isn't because I am lurking or even subscribed, its just oddball stuff no one else seems to want lol

All I know is I don't want my things to be taken by hoarders… So next time I will give it away to the third private pm or something like that… I don't know who exactly are the seem people that get the stuff, but it would be nice to know personally. When I give stuff away I want it to be for someone who could actually use it and not re-sell.

It would be difficult to implement limits. It would be better if people followed the guidelines from the 1st post. This one in particular.

"

When claiming...
-Although it's not required, it's recommended that you offer something in turn of equal or near-equal value. If the offerer isn't interested, post it here where other people can check it out!

"

That is why I suggested the giver post the name of the taker when the giver updates their post. Any excuse on this part is just an excuse. Giver always updates so they stop getting PMs.

That way we will see if the taker follows up.

Edited by Almost Rice

I say we implement a limit to amount of times someone can post about the amount of free items certain people are claiming! :-D

My view on this is the same as when people steal things( not saying these people are stealing). They need it more then I do and once I decide to part ways with it, or don't have it any more I really should not worry about what happens to it after that or who it goes to. We are ensuring the livelihood of the gaming community 1 or more unwanted items at a time, and getting the games or items to someone who will enjoy them. Doesn't matter to me if the take it to sell it or not.

Another thought is that you don't know the financial situation of most people on this site. A few years ago I would have been grabbing anything and everything I could from this forum that interests me had I belonged to the site back then. My wife and I could barely afford our bills so new games of any sort( current or retro) for me only came at my birthday, Christmas, borrowing from a friend, or hoping Gamestop wasn't going to low ball me on trade in value( stopped trading in long ago).

FYI: I have never actually gotten anything from this forum, but I have PM'd some offerers and said I will take it if no one claims it over the next few days, and I have offered up a few O2 items I had laying around that were extra.

Let's not ruin a good system by adding layers of unnecessary rules(we are not the federal government) ;)

• Like 2

PM for the following free steam codes: (I apologize in advance if an of these don't work - as in I already gave them away to someone else but I am quite sure they are all available)

Kingdom Rush

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

Guns of Icarus Online

The Ship: Murder Party

Dino D-Day

Eador: Masters of the Broken World

Super Toy Cars

Cooking Academy Fire and Knives

Foresight

Starlaxis Supernova Edition

Dodge

Incognito

ThreadSpace: Hyperbol

Edited by Manoau2002

I would claim atarifans post, but according to him he isn't selling to me anymore, even though he wouldn't allow me to buy anything… wtf? http://atariage.com/forums/topic/216427-gone/page-3

something shady going on here...

Something always shady going on with him, I thought he was banned from this thread for telling people yes I will give you this for free if you only pay for overnight shipping.

I would claim atarifans post, but according to him he isn't selling to me anymore, even though he wouldn't allow me to buy anything… wtf? http://atariage.com/forums/topic/216427-gone/page-3

something shady going on here...

I tried for that lot he was giving away earlier in this thread and was told, yes, it will just be $75 shipped overnight. When I asked if he could ship ground, I was told it was no longer available. I was wondering how things would work out with you when I saw him offer that R/C game. I'm not surprised at all with the outcome.