IGNORED

Spreading the Love with Free Games and More... Edicion Cinco

ApolloBoy

Claimed!

Free NES console! Two minor caveats.

1. System is untested.
  2. Hope you like nature, particularly insects. System is a roach motel. Few dead cockroaches inside with bits everywhere. Knew I was in trouble when I had to use excessive force just to remove the top cover and a dead cockroach fell out when I removed the expansion cover.

Figured I ask here before I chuck it into the garbage can, I hate seeing game systems be thrown out. Don't have the patience or time to try to clean this myself. Might be salvageable, would make for some great "before and after" photos. Once you get past the roach guts it seems to be a decent system, all labels are on it and only a few minor chips in the plastic of the top cover.

PM me if interested, just pay shipping.

post-20539-0-27339800-1452300459_thumb.jpg

post-20539-0-18354400-1452300460_thumb.jpg

post-20539-0-00512800-1452300461_thumb.jpg

post-20539-0-90244600-1452300461_thumb.jpg

post-20539-0-82645000-1452300462_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yoshi648

Don't throw it away! I'll take it and clean it up (outside just in case) and get it all working again. As long as you don't live too far away (ie. if the shipping is over $20, I'm out). I actually have 2 controllers and connections for a NES that I got at a yard sale for $0.50. Now I just need the console to go along with it.

Free PS2 console(PAL)

Console only no accesories or controller

I have tested it does turn on I originally purchased this years back on ebay from Spain with some pal games and worked fine only pal not ntsc already sold the games i had so please dont try to play ntsc on it does not work shipping is 13.00 priority mail paypal only thanks.

post-41354-0-80436500-1452470730_thumb.jpg

post-41354-0-22421500-1452470746_thumb.jpg

post-41354-0-44975900-1452470759_thumb.jpg

Don't throw it away! I'll take it and clean it up (outside just in case) and get it all working again. As long as you don't live too far away (ie. if the shipping is over $20, I'm out). I actually have 2 controllers and connections for a NES that I got at a yard sale for $0.50. Now I just need the console to go along with it.

post-39247-0-09704600-1452492609_thumb.png

:mad:

Man, I can't believe people are fighting over a garbage nes that could potentially infect your home with hundreds of roach eggs.....yuk!!!!! :P

I will be cleaning the NES until it is spotless and eggless outside of my house. I will literally be using a fine tooth comb. Then I will go over it again just to be safe. I'll probably leave it in my detached shed until I get it all cleaned up......roach eggs.....what did I get myself into? :ponder:

A few free things left over from the last person who never paid for shipping and a few new things added after beginning to clean my garage (again!) This stuff will end up either in the thrift store or the trash if I can't give it away.

Spyro A New Beginning Nintendo DS (no game, just the box and manual), Dreamcast controller (dirty and untested), TV switch (untested), white Nintendo Wii nunchuk (tested and works), Nintendo Wii power brick (tested and works), PS1 Dual Shock controller (not working properly)

post-30739-0-89050100-1452574070_thumb.jpg

Traveling Wilburys Vol 1 CD (in good condition)

post-30739-0-41876000-1452574363_thumb.jpg

PS1 Oddworld Abe's Exoddus (disc1 only) a few scratches but not too bad PENDING

post-30739-0-32129700-1452574416_thumb.jpg

Lot of PC games - Windows 95 through XP - most are complete but some are just discs (must take the entire lot, will ship media mail)

post-30739-0-92281700-1452574526_thumb.jpg

two old Heckle and Jeckle & Casper comic books - not in great shape but not destroyed either

post-30739-0-55517300-1452574679_thumb.jpg

Just PM me for what you want, only pay shipping. Thanks!

I will be cleaning the NES until it is spotless and eggless outside of my house. I will literally be using a fine tooth comb. Then I will go over it again just to be safe. I'll probably leave it in my detached shed until I get it all cleaned up......roach eggs.....what did I get myself into? :ponder:

Good luck with that! You should definitely post some pics of it up and running when it's done! Ugh, roaches... shudder.001.gif

Good luck with that! You should definitely post some pics of it up and running when it's done! Ugh, roaches... shudder.001.gif

After reading about it, I've decided this is the safest plan to cleaning a roach filled console, besides throwing it away.

1) Immediately Put it in 2 big Zip lock bags
2) Take it over to a parking lot a mile or more away from my house (bring a bucket of soapy water, rubber gloves, toothbrush, paper towels, screwdriver, rubbing alchohol)
3) Put on Rubber gloves
4) Take it apart all the way (with the screw driver)
5) Clean everything thoroughly (all plastic parts, submerge in soapy water in the bucket, everything else, use rubbing alcohol)
6) Clean it all again and even clean the screwdriver used, just in case
7) Put it back together
8) Put it back in the 2 Zip lock bags even though it appears to be clean
9) Throw away the tooth brush, rubber gloves and paper towels used at the parking lot....do not bring these items back to the house
10) Put the NES that is still in the 2 Zip lock bacgs in the freezer and leave it there for 7 days in case I missed anything
(If anyone has an easier way to clean a roach filled console, please let me know)
Finally, take it out of the bags, test it, fix it if needed, and play the NES like it was 1985 all over again and then wonder why you feel something walking on the back of your neck and legs.....AHHHHHHHH! :o

I have a buddy who got a roach-fest NES once. he just took it apart & cleaned the hell out of it, no worries about the eggs just washed them down the drain.

the live roaches have long flown the coop & whatever eggs left, just old duds is my bet ;)

=low-risk scenario x)