IGNORED

Ultima III

Tanman

Just picked up a complete box of Ultima III. I remember playing this game as a kid but I did not have any of the spell books. I had to spend tiem trying random combinations to find a few spells. I know we all have games from our past that bring make memories, this is a big one. Hope the disk works!!!

Just picked up a complete box of Ultima III. I remember playing this game as a kid but I did not have any of the spell books. I had to spend tiem trying random combinations to find a few spells. I know we all have games from our past that bring make memories, this is a big one. Hope the disk works!!!

Ultima III on my 800XL was the very first RPG that I played with intent. I can still

remember sitting up late playing this game, and just how serious it was when a character

died and not only died, but was erased from the disk! Wow, intense! :)

Superb game :lust: , we played it from a copy with no instructions, was great fun working everything out... later got a proper copy with the cloth map and everything. Still need to finish this when I get my two disk drives on one atari... got stuck on finding the exotic arms but now know where to go! My characters have been in limbo for about 15 years :D

Have fun :)

p.s. Checkout Goochman's atariage icon :!:

I loved the Ultima series - while waiting for U3 I decided to totally own U2 - I basically filled the seas with ships and was attempting to fill in Minax's island with planes and horses until that just got too tedious.

U3 I filled the entire land with chests so I could walk around without any encounter issues :)

ult2player_atariage.jpg

ult3view_atariage.jpg

u3_moves.jpg

ult2view_atariage.jpg

I loved the Ultima series - while waiting for U3 I decided to totally own U2 - I basically filled the seas with ships and was attempting to fill in Minax's island with planes and horses until that just got too tedious.

U3 I filled the entire land with chests so I could walk around without any encounter issues :)

Heh, I did something along the same lines, but you took it farther than I did. :)

I put a square around Dawn so it was always marked for me, and I put 1 chest at the

entrance to Devil Guard (making them safe havens).

Now, I can't remember for sure which version I did this on, I know I did it on my ST,

but I can't remember if I did it on the 8bit version or not...I destroyed a pirate ship

at the gap between the mainland and DeathGulch, leaving a chest so I could just walk

across to that island. I think you can do about the same thing with the islands where

the Exotics are, as well as Exodus Castle.

Fun times. :)

If your disk is no longer working you can get a zip of the ATR images of the Origin Systems release from Atarimania. It's the box and documentation that is hard to find.

• 2 weeks later...
I only beat Ultima III on the NES. Was there a huge difference between that version and the computer one?

The NES versions of Ultima games are greatly simplified...such as NPC characters that only say things you need to know, complexity of some areas, the selection of weapons, etc.

Sidenote:

By experimenting with the NES Game Genie, I discovered that the dagger weapon is in Ultima QotA (although it can't be thrown).

Edited by Nukey Shay