IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 25th 2010

Pixelboy

Looks like I missed on the first 30 Track and Field. I hope I am on the list for one the the next 20 with controller! Fingers crossed icon_smile.gif

No need to cross your fingers, rpgcollector. I will not be working on a first-come-first-served basis for the next batch of Track & Field carts, like I did for the first 30 copies. If you're on my list for the next batch then you're guaranteed to get a copy. In your case, I can even guarantee that you'll get an Atari 2600 T&F controller to go with it. You have my word. icon_mrgreen.gif

Here's to hoping that I managed to get on board for the next batch with controller... always wanted to try one of those controllers on a home console. Fingers crossed.

Here's to hoping that I managed to get on board for the next batch with controller...

Yes you did, King. :)

As I write this post, of the 20 copies of T&F of the next batch that will come with a pack-in controller, 10 are already reserved, and 10 are still available. For the 10 copies currently reserved, two customers have stated that having the pack-in controller is not all that important to them, so there's some room for me to manoeuver.

Also, I'm down to 3 available copies of Pitfall II Arcade, by the way, and many people that I contacted yesterday still haven't manifested themselves... I guess it's a good thing that another 50 copies will come along in February/March. :P

And as for Destructor SCE, I'm down to 17 available copies (out of 50 total). I'm not certain at this point if I'll make any more copies of that one afterwards...

Awesome! Thanks for the update Pixelboy!

How's Girl's Garden and Gulkave doing? I imagine there must be a ton of people who've been waiting for Gulkave! ME included!

Gulkave is selling as expected, but I made too many copies of that game, hence the lower selling price. :)

Girl's Garden is not doing so well. I think many people are passing over Girl's Garden because it looks cute and easy, and it is in the early levels, but it's also a fun game. It's like saying you don't want to buy Pac-Man because it's just a yellow "thing" moving in a maze with colored ghosts chasing it. There's more game there than meets the eye. I wish people could look past Girl's Garden's cute looks and see it for what it is, which is fun. It's a more immersive gaming experience than Cabbage Patch Kids - Adventure in the Park, for example, just to give you an idea. :)

sounds like your'e doing a sterling service there pixelboy, the coleco community needs people like you, and would be a poorer place without you

KUTGW pixelboy

Just doing the best I can. Did you place an order BTW, carmel? :)

Edited by Pixelboy

I had the chace to see Girl's Garden in action at Luc's place and I can say that it look like a very fun game! .... can't wait to get my Team Pixelboy games! icon_mrgreen.gif

Congrats Luc with your first 6 games! icon_thumbsup.gif

He wouldn't let you play with his toys would he! icon_wink.gif

Edited by ColecoDan

I had the chace to see Girl's Garden in action at Luc's place and I can say that it look like a very fun game! .... can't wait to get my Team Pixelboy games! icon_mrgreen.gif

Congrats Luc with your first 6 games! icon_thumbsup.gif

He wouldn't let you play with his toys would he! icon_wink.gif

Not at all! Luc is a gentlemen , he also come to to my place for some 2 players Burn Rubber

I also had the chance to see Pitfall Arcade wich look AWESOME!

First Track & Field, now Pitfall II Arcade: As of right now, all available copies of Pitfall II Arcade are tied up with confirmed orders. I'm going to have to start taking pre-orders for the next run of Pitfall II Arcade copies which, like Track & Field, will come next February or March.

First Track & Field, now Pitfall II Arcade: As of right now, all available copies of Pitfall II Arcade are tied up with confirmed orders. I'm going to have to start taking pre-orders for the next run of Pitfall II Arcade copies which, like Track & Field, will come next February or March.

Awesome! Two down and four to go!! Just think, it's only the 27th of December too! Wait until others start getting messages as they may be away on vacation etc. Dang it, I hope your post office clerk is a good looking person because you're going to be spending a lot of time there!

Awesome! Two down and four to go!! Just think, it's only the 27th of December too! Wait until others start getting messages as they may be away on vacation etc. Dang it, I hope your post office clerk is a good looking person because you're going to be spending a lot of time there!

Are you kidding? I'm already on a first-name basis with the ladies who work at the post office near my company building. :)

I'm down to 14 available copies of Destructor SCE, and as of right now, all 20 "future" copies of Track & Field with Atari 2600 T&F controller already have a name attached to them. Three of those customers have stated that the pack-in controller is not important to them.

Wow, all that in just two days! I just spent the entire evening just placing styrofoam inserts, manuals and cartridges inside boxes, and I'm not even done yet! It's definately a lot of work for a single guy... :)

... I just spent the entire evening just placing styrofoam inserts, manuals and cartridges inside boxes, and I'm not even done yet! It's definately a lot of work for a single guy... :)

Sure it is! :)

I truly understand you here! :D

Yeah, but while I'm doing that, I'm keeping customers waiting for their shipping options and payment instructions. :)

If I may use this opportunity to say this publicly: Please be patient, I'm working as fast as I can!

... I just spent the entire evening just placing styrofoam inserts, manuals and cartridges inside boxes, and I'm not even done yet! It's definately a lot of work for a single guy... icon_smile.gif

Sure it is! icon_smile.gif

I truly understand you here! icon_mrgreen.gif

Yeah, but while I'm doing that, I'm keeping customers waiting for their shipping options and payment instructions. icon_smile.gif

If I may use this opportunity to say this publicly: Please be patient, I'm working as fast as I can!

No worries Luc, take your time, we're not going anywhere. icon_smile.gif I'm sure everyone in the CV community really appreciates what you're doing, especially since you seem to have sent this last message at 6:30 AM!!!icon_mrgreen.gif

Cheers, Chris

No worries Luc, take your time, we're not going anywhere. :) I'm sure everyone in the CV community really appreciates what you're doing, especially since you seem to have sent this last message at 6:30 AM!!! :D

Not exactly my choice, I'm working today. I made that post just before leaving for work. :)

No worries Luc, take your time, we're not going anywhere. icon_smile.gif I'm sure everyone in the CV community really appreciates what you're doing, especially since you seem to have sent this last message at 6:30 AM!!! icon_mrgreen.gif

Not exactly my choice, I'm working today. I made that post just before leaving for work. icon_smile.gif

Wow, they let you bring stacks of CV goodness to your place of employment and then let you ignore the duties of your job while you feverishly assemble 200-300 fantastic new CV games? icon_mrgreen.gif

You have a verrrrry understanding employer. icon_wink.gif

Not exactly my choice, I'm working today. I made that post just before leaving for work. :)

Wow, they let you bring stacks of CV goodness to your place of employment and then let you ignore the duties of your job while you feverishly assemble 200-300 fantastic new CV games? :D

You have a verrrrry understanding employer. ;)

And you have a verrrrry fertile imagination. :D

Seriously, I did do something CV-related at work during my lunch break today: I took beauty shots of Track & Field and Pitfall II Arcade. I will upload those pics tonight, in order to complete the work on the web site.

Not exactly my choice, I'm working today. I made that post just before leaving for work. icon_smile.gif

Wow, they let you bring stacks of CV goodness to your place of employment and then let you ignore the duties of your job while you feverishly assemble 200-300 fantastic new CV games? icon_mrgreen.gif

And you have a verrrrry fertile imagination. icon_mrgreen.gif

Seriously, I did do something CV-related at work during my lunch break today: I took beauty shots of Track & Field and Pitfall II Arcade. I will upload those pics tonight, in order to complete the work on the web site.

Sounds great Luc, can't wait to see them. icon_thumbsup.gif

And you have a verrrrry fertile imagination. icon_mrgreen.gif

Me too! I'm anxious to see the pics of these beauties! I can only imagine that they look as awesome as the other games!

On a different note... what would be the way to abbreviate your companies titles... we can't use PB seeing as Parker Bros has that one. Perhaps PIX? Just thinking out loud here... lol.

Gulkave (PIX)

Looks good to me! :)

As for the time it takes you to get orders ready... no rush. It's better to take some time and make it right rather than rushing and having mistakes. :) But I would think you would want to assemble 10 of each title and fill the first 10 orders... then build a few more copies to get back to 10 of each and fill the next 10 orders. That way, you can move some stock out the door. I can't imagine you have room to spare to have 300 boxed games stacked up. My money will be ready when you are my man!

This is quite exciting though... never thought I'd see 6 titles released at once... it's like we're back in the 80's! woo-hoo!! The 80's rocked!

Yeah but in the 80's my mom would have told me I had to wait for next christmas or my birthday and I would have ended up with maybe 1 of these games with my own money.

Now I just say YES PLEASE MAY I BUY ANOTHER icon_smile.gif

I guess I was a little more lucky... I usually ended up with a game a month... but they were usually less than $20. I bought my Coleco with my own money back then... it was a good feeling. I got the Steering wheel and roller controllers for Christmas of 83 or 84? Not sure... only reason I got them was because the crash happened and/or a store downtown was going out of business and my parents saw them and they were CHEAP! (I think $10 each... likely less... 7.99 or something crazy).

But I agree... now I just say, keep em coming!! lol