IGNORED

27C3 Talk: Reverse Engineering the MOS 6502 CPU

cas

Guess I'll have to try much later as the site is being hammered to death. Is "saal1-2010-12-28_12-37-06.wmv" the correct filename? I see the talk was given on saal1 of 12-28 at 12:45. With the site being hit so hard, I don't want to waste bandwith.

Guess I'll have to try much later as the site is being hammered to death. Is "saal1-2010-12-28_12-37-06.wmv" the correct filename? I see the talk was given on saal1 of 12-28 at 12:45. With the site being hit so hard, I don't want to waste bandwith.

OK - that is the correct filename. I have managed to get the first 170 or so MB. Hope it keeps going.

It's around 815MB. I have it d/ling via a management program. If the server load is too much later, I guess I or someone else could upload to somewhere..

I got 425MB into it, and it failed. Wasn't using a d/l manager either :( When I get it, I can either start a torrent or post it to the newsgroups.

If you still have the broken file, you can play it using a player like VLC. It will ask if you want to repair the file..just say no and it should play the file, letting you see part of the lecture.

I'm watching it as I download it..aspect ratio is off, have to adjust it to 16:10, it looks like...hrmm.

Edited by AtariNerd

If you still have the broken file, you can play it using a player like VLC. It will ask if you want to repair the file..just say no and it should play the file, letting you see part of the lecture.

I'm watching it as I download it..aspect ratio is off, have to adjust it to 16:10, it looks like...hrmm.

Yeah - I have VLC. Don't want to watch the partial though. I'll get half way through it then get really pissed when it stops :) I am grabbing it again, trying a d/l manager for FF this time. Hopefully if it stops again, I can just have it resume.

The 800MB stream also has the talk after the 6502 one in it.

I downloaded the whole thing and stripped off the beginning static screen stuff, and the second talk and am re-encoding into a m4v file. I suspect it will be around 200MB or so when finished. Not sure if these videos are released under creative commons or some other free license. If so I can make this smaller file available.

The 27C3 Wiki has information about streams and mirrors -> http://events.ccc.de/congress/2010/wiki/Documentation

I had no issues watching the live stream, nor downloading the files, but I'm already on IPv6 here (there _is_ a use case for IPv6 :) )

When using IPv6, the Internet feels like 1985 again (vast empty spaces, but also a lot of freedom).

Let me know when there is a file that I can place on a server somewhere for download.

-- Carsten

Edited by cas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have just stumbled on this presentation myself. I watched it on YouTube at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5miMbqYB4E

The gentlemen at Visaul6502.org have discovered that the illegal opcodes LAX (simultaneous LDA, LDX) and SAX (simultaneous STA, STX) are indeed built into the silicon. Fast forward to time counter 44:45 for the subject on illegal opcodes.