IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - January 1st 2011

Pixelboy

Got my four games today! Thanks, Luc! The boxes, manuals, carts are all outstanding quality! Thanks for wrapping them individually in bubble wrap too. It's nice to receive them all in 100% MINT condition.

Hopefully I'll have time to hook up my CV this weekend and actually play them all. :-P

Thanks for the notification. :)

Oh, that reminds me, I should issue a general word of caution to all you guys: When handling the Team Pixelboy carts, try your best not to touch the labels, because the printing can chip off, especially darker colors. This is especially true for Gulkave (dark blue skies near the top) and Peek-a-boo (Elmo's mouth). So you should always grab the cartridges by the sides. This will help keep your Team Pixelboy carts in good cosmetic condition. :)

Edited by Pixelboy

Got my games today this morning here in France.

That’s what I call high quality! Everything is in perfect shape thanks to your excellent packing.

Un grand merci et un grand bravo à toi !

Merci à toi! ;)

Holy crow! How does France get their's before Pennsylvania? Or does France have lax customs? I hope I get mine this week...

Got my games today this morning here in France.

That’s what I call high quality! Everything is in perfect shape thanks to your excellent packing.

Un grand merci et un grand bravo à toi !

Merci à toi! ;)

Holy crow! How does France get their's before Pennsylvania? Or does France have lax customs? I hope I get mine this week...

Because he probably paid the extra cash, I dont know about you but I picked the cheap air mail so its gonna be a while!!!!

I received my copy of Gulkave today, and I must say, the quality is absolutely amazing! The box was top notch, and I really enjoyed reading the manual; the text was so well-translated that you would think it was specifically written for an American game! There wasn't even a hint of Engrish!

So, I hooked up my Coleco to an old CRT TV I have in my room (I got it from a friend of my Dad's so I could play light gun games), started up the game, and WOW! This game kicks ass...especially mine! It's a lot harder than the video linked to on the Team Pixelboy site makes it look! After many continues, I finally threw in the towel (for the night) at Act 3. It's amazing to me that there is so much happening on the screen with very little slowdown. The graphics are well-rendered. The weapon system is interesting and unusual. Compile and Sega made quite a fun little gem, here.

This is a superb game you've ported, Pixelboy! I love shooters, and this is the best one I've played on the Coleco! Bravo!

Well, I got my package smuggled in across the Canuckian border!

I got Gulkave and T&F and they both rock!

Thanks for the good work and keep 'em comin'...

I would like to see someone do Bosconian - that seems to be a title frequently igonored...

I received my copy of Gulkave today, and I must say, the quality is absolutely amazing! The box was top notch, and I really enjoyed reading the manual; the text was so well-translated that you would think it was specifically written for an American game! There wasn't even a hint of Engrish!

So, I hooked up my Coleco to an old CRT TV I have in my room (I got it from a friend of my Dad's so I could play light gun games), started up the game, and WOW! This game kicks ass...especially mine! It's a lot harder than the video linked to on the Team Pixelboy site makes it look! After many continues, I finally threw in the towel (for the night) at Act 3. It's amazing to me that there is so much happening on the screen with very little slowdown. The graphics are well-rendered. The weapon system is interesting and unusual. Compile and Sega made quite a fun little gem, here.

This is a superb game you've ported, Pixelboy! I love shooters, and this is the best one I've played on the Coleco! Bravo!

Thank you for the compliments, gentlemen. :)

I suck at Pitfall... 15 straight lives lost and 0 points scored... :roll: :roll:

Track and Field is great... still have to try the controller...

Gulkave a is a fun shooter. Need to play it more. Every time a power up arrears I die... tough to get far with a single shooter :P

Destructor SCE is fun also.... remember playing it with the steering wheel years ago.

Peek a Boo and Girl's Garden were interesting ... only played with them briefly.

All in all great work to all participants.

Thanks Luc

I suck at Pitfall... 15 straight lives lost and 0 points scored... :roll: :roll:

Gulkave a is a fun shooter. Need to play it more. Every time a power up arrears I die... tough to get far with a single shooter :P

Destructor SCE is fun also.... remember playing it with the steering wheel years ago.

Peek a Boo and Girl's Garden were interesting ... only played with them briefly.

Thanks Luc

Glad to see you're enjoying your new games. Was the Gulkave box the only one that was damaged?

Yes - and it's not a huge big deal.

If you have a 'spare' gulkave box lying around and I order more from you in the future.... you can just send it along ;) ;)

Thanks Luc

Glad to see you're enjoying your new games. Was the Gulkave box the only one that was damaged?

Yes - and it's not a huge big deal.

If you have a 'spare' gulkave box lying around and I order more from you in the future.... you can just send it along ;) ;)

I do have a spare box I can send you. But if you wait for the next Team Pixelboy game release, you may well have to wait until sometime next year... :P

Got my games today (Pitfall II and Gulkave).

Thanks to everyone involved.

Gulkave Rocks!!!!!! I played this a bit at CGE and loved it.

The CV has been itching for a shump like this forever. It is a challenging shooter for sure, but not overwhelmingly hard.

Pitfall II is.. well it is pretty darn hard and there are some places in it I am not sure I will be able to get to all the treasures. It plays differently than the "home" versions and a bit more difficult. I never played the arcade version, so I am not sure how it compares.

I spent 3 hours playing both last night. I will spend some more "quality" time this weekend with them.

Good stuff.

Thanks,

-GrizzLee

Got my games today (Pitfall II and Gulkave).

Thanks to everyone involved.

Gulkave Rocks!!!!!! I played this a bit at CGE and loved it.

The CV has been itching for a shump like this forever. It is a challenging shooter for sure, but not overwhelmingly hard.

You just haven't reach the overwhelmingly hard parts yet. :ponder: ;)

Pitfall II is.. well it is pretty darn hard and there are some places in it I am not sure I will be able to get to all the treasures. It plays differently than the "home" versions and a bit more difficult. I never played the arcade version, so I am not sure how it compares.

Don't worry, there's always a way to reach each treasure, even if it's not obvious at first. Sometimes you just need to be bold about it. Take it from a beta-tester: You need practice to get far into this game.

The arcade version is signficantly different than the SG-1000/CV game. It's much more linear, going from point A to point B, then point B to point C, and so on until you reach the end. There's a multi-part walkthrough of the arcade game on YouTube, if you're interested.

Anyhow, I'm happy you're enjoying the games. :)

Yup got my Gulkave Friday last week. I was impressed. Great packaging and great manual. Just like the old days. Great game too! Kicked my butt though. I almost got to the end, of the first level! Dang it's hard to play with these stupid controllers. I tried to fix my Super controller but to no avail. Anybody know if the Genesis controllers work on the CV? I'd like to use that instead but we'll shall see. Thanks Pixelboy! I'll have to order more games from you.

Rich

Just got back from vacation. Games pulled out of Box. Big smile comes to my face :) :)

Extremely glad someone backed out of buying Peek-a-boo so I could get it, now that I know my Nephew LOVES elmo he will go nuts when he sees it.

My brother-in-law with his stupid Xbox and Wii can't top that ;)

Definitely looking forward to playing some games during this next week.

It will be cool to see the new Pitfall II since I played the coleco game for the HSC a month or so ago and figured how to master it in basically 1 day. Kinda boring.