IGNORED

scummVM

syntexerror

This is just a thought as i have noticed soooooo.....many ports done for these games.Would it be possible to port scummvm games to the jaguar i mean the jaguar would have the power to run most older sierra games and such has this ever been attemted?Also i notice the ports for dreamcast take little to no processeing power to run so in theory would the jaguar be able to run the ports?I heard a few boys from the snes has asked the same questions but many didnt know anything about the jag anyway just a thought.

Edited by syntexerror

Also i found this...as i know nothing about porting games for diffrent platforms would someone be willing to look into this http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/ read this about makeing for other platforms.Also it would be so nice to have these games ported for the jaguar i know that there has been mention of another world in progress for the jaguar so theoreticly could these other title's be ported over?

Edited by syntexerror

This is just a thought as i have noticed soooooo.....many ports done for these games.Would it be possible to port scummvm games to the jaguar i mean the jaguar would have the power to run most older sierra games and such has this ever been attemted?Also i notice the ports for dreamcast take little to no processeing power to run so in theory would the jaguar be able to run the ports?I heard a few boys from the snes has asked the same questions but many didnt know anything about the jag anyway just a thought.

Would be a very nice thing indeed! :)

Scummvm games for the most part would be a pain in the ass to play with a gamepad. Sure the processing power is there, but the interface would suck.

That's not the biggest issue.. Point and click games are doable with a mouse connected. But the 2MB's of ram and the low cpu speed would make them run at painfully slow speeds, even if you somehow managed to get SDL on the jaguar.

Infocom adventures with T9 support are perfectly doable though!