IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2011 (Season 4)

Ok so its not letting me edit posts in this topic although I can edit my posts in other topics... weird. Ok so see my post a few entries above for my Zelda 2 NES time.

Here is the rest of what I played this weekend after Zelda 2 for NES:

NES

Kirby's Adventure - 200 minutes

Faxanadu - 170 minutes

Game Boy

Kirby's Dream Land - 50 minutes

Super Mario Land - 62 minutes

• Like 1

Here's the summary for Week 3, running from January 10-16. We logged 3091 minutes of eligible play, playing 49 games on a total of 13 systems.

Top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 585

2. Zelda II: The Adventures of Link (NES/Famicom) - 352

3. Gauntlet Legends (N64) - 322

4. Kirby's Adventure (NES/Famicom) - 200

5. Faxanadu (NES/Famicom) - 170

5. Monopoly (Sega Master System) - 170

7. Trains (C64) - 155

8. Super Punch Out (SNES) - 95

9. Doom (Sega 32X) - 70

10. Super Mario Land (Game Boy) - 62

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 585

2. Trains (C64) - 155

3. Wizball (C64) - 52

4. Dreadnaught Factor (Atari 5200) - 40

5. Galaxian (Atari 5200) - 30

6. Shark! Shark! (Intellivision) - 25

7. Lock 'n' Chase (Intellivision) - 20

8. Thunder Castle (Intellivision) - 15

9. Double Dunk (Atari 2600) - 10

9. Infiltrate (Atari 2600) - 10

9. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 10

9. Pitfall (Atari 2600) - 10

9. Commando (Intellivision) - 10

Top 10 systems:

1. NES (847)

2. Atari 2600 (630)

3. Nintendo 64 (377)

4. Sega Genesis (300)

5. Commodore 64 (207)

6. Sega Master System (170)

7. SNES (125)

8. Game Boy (112)

9. Sega 32X (110)

10. Atari 5200 (70)

10. Atari Jaguar (70)

10. Intellivision (70)

Kaboom for Atari 2600 still holds the top spot for gameplay, but this week's most-played system is the NES. Meanwhile the Atari 7800 drops completely off the radar, while the Commodore 64 leaps into the top 5. Big gains as well for the SNES and Game Boy, so a strong week for the Nintendo systems.

• Like 2

Thank you thegoldenband for compiling the stats for us.

Anybody ever hear from cvga? I asked Albert if he could email him but never got a response.

You're very welcome! I've PM'ed Albert with the exact same question, and got no reply. I also PM'ed cvga twice, with no response. :?

• Like 1

The final stats for 2010 are in! We've got pretty much everything from the missing year, and though the overall winner is no surprise, there are some interesting developments in the lower ranks.

We don't have the numbers for 2009, which means we can't yet update the all-time stats. However, pinball22 has graciously offered to handle 2009, so once he's done with that formidable task, we should be able to reinstate the "all-time" stats.

Unfortunately I'm no longer able to track individual gaming times -- that's about the only thing we've lost, along with the ability to track individual gaming sessions -- so I can't tell you how many minutes a particular member has logged, or how long the average session of Kaboom lasts. However, that's not really the main thrust of the tracker, so I think we'll be OK. :D

• Like 1

Here are my times for Monday - Thursday:

Arcade:

Crazy Climber - 19 min.

Crazy Climber '85 - 8 min.

Gyruss - 6 min.

Moon Cresta - 9 min.

Shao-lin's Road (aka Kicker) - 10 min.

Wonder Momo - 2 min.

Intellivision:

Utopia - 3 min.

Dreamcast:

Hydro Thunder - 4 min.

Maken X - 7 min.

Speed Devils - 7 min.

Vanishing Point - 5 min.

Virtua Tennis - 8 min.

All the arcade titles were played via various arcade collections on the PlayStation 1. I can't find any evidence that Crazy Climber '85 was ever released in the arcades, but it certainly looks like a 1985 game. Either someone did a fantastic job programming it in that style, or Nichibutsu had an unreleased prototype lying around (or a Japan-only release under a different name).

Also, gotta love Shao-lin's Road. "Guts!"

Edited by thegoldenband
  • Like 1

Here are my times for this week:

The classic game (eligible for the Top 10):

Wizball (C-64): 365 minutes in 8 sessions

The non-classic games (all Facebook apps, non-eligible for the Top 10):

Cityville: 208 minutes in 14 sessions

The settlers: 61 minutes in 12 sessions

Disco Empire: 5 minutes

Restaurant City: 20 minutes

Total time logged: 659 minutes (94 minutes per day)

As you can see, I only played one classic game, which made up the majority of my gaming time this week: Wizball by Ocean / Sensible Software (again). By now I've re-discovered several tricks that make you survive longer, such as only proceeding slowly in order not to let too many enemies come out at once (since the enemies only spawn if you reach some distinct point in the landscape). And I've also tried to deploy the cat as "destroyer" once it's indestructible (which it actually isn't, this effect fades after a few minutes as well). But I've also seen how difficulty increases in time. I don't exactly know what triggers the increases in difficulty, though...

And then there were the usual Facebook games, but their share of my gaming time has been greatly reduced. There's a huge difference between games like "Wizball" and social games like "Cityville"... in Cityville you don't have to react fast, but you also can't lose. Unless you do all things wrong in the beginning, like destroying all possibilities of gaining coins, you can only stall in your progress. The second big difference is that you constantly help your friends and get helped by them, while Wizball is clearly a one-player (or two-player cooperative) game. I won't go into many details here... I think I already talked about all the social games more than enough.

Edited by Kurt_Woloch