IGNORED

Ebay Auction

2600 Forever

For my first post to this site, I wanted to link to a new 2600 auction that I just saw on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1944300671

I am just getting back into collecting 2600 stuff. This auction seems like a good way to jumpstart the collection. What do you think?

I look forward to tying in with other collectors here.

This is a great way to get into 2600 collecting and much better than buying lots of individual titles when you get started. You can pick up several auctions like this and quickly amass most of the common and uncommon games, and then have some spares to trade (or to put up on eBay so you can make some cash to buy more games!) Looks like this seller won't rip you off for shipping either, which is nice given that he says it weighs 42 pounds. :)

I'm not sure how much I'd pay for the auction--you might want to look at similar auctions that have ended recently to get a feel for what you might expect this one to go up to.

..Al

Well, this is my auction, so I didn't want to come here and "whore up" the auction, if you know what I mean.

I don't recall seeing a system with that many unique games lately - or am I wrong? It's no big deal to me either way, I don't need to ego trip on who had the most games for sale - I'm just saying I can't remember one with 160 unique games.

Also, isn't there a forum for eBay auctions here? There is, should we move this discssion over there?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=24

Hi there

I have just inherited my grandpa's 2600 collection. It sure brings back memories of when were were kids playing pacman and frogger for hours and hours. I have quite an extensive collection some with instructions all without boxes plus controllers and paddles. I have been pondering selling it since the novelty has worn off. The collection consists of 28 games with a couple of duplicates and a weird control pad for one of the games I don't remember which one it belongs to. Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what this collection could go for in auction? I've been doing some research and I read that a guy just sold his system for 7,000.00 but he had some 300 games in boxes. Help if ya can

Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what this collection could go for in auction?  I've been doing some research and I read that a guy just sold his system for 7,000.00 but he had some 300 games in boxes

You'd be lucky to get $50, I'm guessing :)

My suggestion is to keep the system and enjoy yourself, since I'm sure you'll have more fun playing it then spending the $20 you'd make :)

Joe..Are you liquidating your collection with your sale?

No, just many many duplicates. :) My personal collection (which my Brother and I share, but I'm currently holding onto) is over 350 unique games, including several 10's...

See attached. It's my master list.

Fart. I can't attach a text file. Go here:

http://www.siegler.net/2600/masterlist.txt