IGNORED

Caterpillar S.O.S. game found!

Greg2600

http://www.digitpres...ad.php?t=150197

Guy's father rescued it from the would-be trash can at Cat dealer. This guy had mentioned he got hold of this game last May, posted a minute picture, and kind of vanished. Has screenshots, which you'll need to be a DP member I think to see, so I'm reposting them.

post-14545-129401853224_thumb.jpg post-14545-129401862712_thumb.jpgpost-14545-129401862763_thumb.jpgpost-14545-129401862809_thumb.jpgpost-14545-129401862856_thumb.jpg

Edited by Greg2600
  • Like 2

Makes you wonder what else Nuvatec had developed for the ColecoVision that is stashed away in someone's basement or lost to the ages. I recall they made a Super Action Controller Test cart, but that's about it unless they worked on other CV items without being credited.

Great find and everyone should send the guy's father that saved this and the ColecoVision a big +1.

Edited by NIAD

Awesome find! I really hope the owner dumps the rom. I would love to add this game to my multi-cart and play it.

It is so cool that an unknown game is found after all these years.

Thanks and +1 to the Greg2600 for starting this thread.

Makes you wonder what else Nuvatec had developed for the ColecoVision that is stashed away in someone's basement or lost to the ages. I recall they made a Super Action Controller Test cart, but that's about it unless they worked on other CV items without being credited.

Great find and everyone should send the guy's father that saved this and the ColecoVision a big +1.

Nuvatek was based in Illinois, they contributed well in the CV system development

They also made some games for CV (without being credited)

Actually, they made the 1st ever game for ColecoVision: Cosmic Avenger

Cosmic Avenger was a "test" hardware software

They also made Looping, Turbo, Slither, Gorf, Front Line and a few more

Nuvatek was based in Illinois, they contributed well in the CV system development

Finding out all this great information way too late that there were a number of companies developing ColecoVision and ADAM products in my own backyard... like Nuvatec, MicroFun/Labs and Action Graphics (they did some CV ports for Activision and Xonox). If I had known all this stuff years ago, I would have been doing some dumpster diving in hopes of finding a lot of goodies! :D

Edited by NIAD

Finding out all this great information way too late that there were a number of companies developing ColecoVision and ADAM products in my own backyard... like Nuvatec, MicroFun/Labs and Action Graphics (they did some CV ports for Activision and Xonox). If I had known all this stuff years ago, I would have been doing some dumpster diving in hopes of finding a lot of goodies! :D

And I'm dead sure you would have find alot of great goodies in those dumpsters.... and maybe you would have find my dear sweet Unreleased Tac/Scan :lust:

Man! Tac/Scan is such an awesome game! :D

Speaking of back yards... Xonox had a Canadian distribution centre here in Winnipeg back then. I remember looking at the 'warranty card' or whatever they were and noticed it was on Inkster Blvd in Winnipeg.

I was impressed... I never did go there because I saw the card when I picked up all my Xonox games for 99 cents each at a pawn shop. Xonox dumped their inventory at various Pawn shops across the city and the word got out and we hit one of the shops and cleaned them out of tons of double enders for the 2600, Vic 20 and of course the Colecovision. All the games were brand new and it was like Christmas... just in the summer time! lol I don't think I ever did find a single ender from Xonox in those days... perhaps the Canadian depot only had the double enders and was one of the first places to close their doors.

I wonder if any other Winnipeggers remembers this from the 80's? That was a fun summer... new games for a dollar. It occurred to me at this point that the place on Inkster had likely closed up shop... anyone have a card with the address on it? I should go and see if the building is still there and snap a picture... just for fun.

• Like 1