tz101

Best Activision Game

I don't like singling out "bests" but the first game that I think of from my pool of favorite Activision games is Kaboom! It's pure twitchy goodness in its most raw form.

Kaboom! of course.

See "what have you actually played tracker for 2010" in Classic gaming general.

Edited by Atarian7

Pitfall II.

H.E.R.O., Keystone Kapers, Kaboom!, Pitfall, and Starmaster are all in the running, though, and there's more that aren't far behind. Definitely the best games. :)

For me:

1 - Pitfall II - never played until last summer. I got up to something like 189,000 after a week or so. The music has not left my head for very long since.

2 - Pressure Cooker - More memorable music and fun. I learned to play this on a b/w TV, try that sometime!

3 - Freeway - simple game, but I like it.

re:

Kaboom - I'm sure if I ever had this game simultaneously with a decent set of paddles, it might be on the list, but sadly....

Barnstorming - Am I missing something? I always wanted this, but on first play I got through the course perfectly the second time. I guess I need to look at the manual online for different difficulties / games.

H.E.R.O. I had to play this game non-stop until I managed level 22, awesome game

Pressure Cooker loved it too

and Ghostbusters, Frostbite, Commando, Oink! and Enduro

Edited by high voltage

Damn, this is a hard one.I'd have to say, going by the game that gets the most play time for me is H.E.R.O.That would be followed by Pitfall 2.

Edited by Rik

1. StarMaster
  2. Pitfall
  3. Pitfall II
  4. Robot Tank
  5. River Raid

That is just off my head, and in order.

So apparently so far I'm the only person who likes Keystone Kapers. Interesting indeed.

Nah... I agreed with you and the "Stampede" guy.....

So apparently so far I'm the only person who likes Keystone Kapers. Interesting indeed.

Nah... I agreed with you and the "Stampede" guy.....

You agreed with post #21 and #22. Mine was #20 but thanks for agreeing now ;)

The thing is that Activision had consistently high quality. I like some games more than others, but almost all of their games are decent.

Now, if you look over at the "Best Imagic Games" thread... :|

I did enjoy Keystone Kapers, even though I usually don't play too long before I throw the cart in anger :x because of those stupid :x bouncy balls :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hey, what about Keystone Kapers? I love this game. Of course the other mentions like Pitfall, River Raid, H.E.R.O. are of course really good too. Activision made some of the best 2600 game IMHO (along with iMagic).

For some reason I can't give Imagic the same love that you do. There are only a few Imagic games that I really like.

The thing is that Activision had consistently high quality. I like some games more than others, but almost all of their games are decent.

Now, if you look over at the "Best Imagic Games" thread... :|

Yeah, but Imagic had the best boxes!

Hey, what about Keystone Kapers? I love this game. Of course the other mentions like Pitfall, River Raid, H.E.R.O. are of course really good too. Activision made some of the best 2600 game IMHO (along with iMagic).

For some reason I can't give Imagic the same love that you do. There are only a few Imagic games that I really like.

Um, Keystone Kapers is an Activision game, not an iMagic.

I did enjoy Keystone Kapers, even though I usually don't play too long before I throw the cart in anger :x because of those stupid :x bouncy balls :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hehe. Next time you feel like throwing your Keystone Kapers cartridge, throw it my way ;)

My top 10 Activision:

1) Kaboom!

2) HERO

3) Pitfall! II

4) Chopper Command

5) Dragster

6) River Raid

7) Skiing

8) Spider Fighter

9) Keystone Kapers

10) Pitfall!

But those are ALL top 2600 games in my book.