IGNORED

New Colecovision game discovered! Cat S.O.S. game

Seaquest

The Cat S.O.S game (Caterpillar scheduled oil sampling game)along with a colecovision was given to every cat dealership in 1983 to support the S.O.S. program. The customers would play it while waiting in the lobby. The game was made by the company Nuvatec. It was never sold commercially and could only be found exclusively in cat heavy equipment dealerships. My dad (who worked at cat) found that they were about to discard of both the game and the console so he saved it and gave it to me to add to my collection.

The game consists of a bulldozer that rides around and pushes dirt. Each dirt pile represents a "job". To keep from exploding you have to send in oil samples to the cat dealership ,then you will be told if the oil is good or bad. If you fail to do this occasionally your oil will go bad and your bulldozer will explode. To clean the oil you have to go to the cat dealership. The goal of the game is to make the most money from finishing "jobs".

I am pretty sure I have one of the last copys left in existinse. If anyone knows anything about the value or has any questions please send me a message. Thanks!

post-27593-129411372315_thumb.jpg

post-27593-129411373377_thumb.jpg

post-27593-129411374145_thumb.jpg

post-27593-129411375168_thumb.jpg

post-27593-129411376108_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

The Cat S.O.S game (Caterpillar scheduled oil sampling game)along with a colecovision was given to every cat dealership in 1983 to support the S.O.S. program. The customers would play it while waiting in the lobby. The game was made by the company Nuvatec. It was never sold commercially and could only be found exclusively in cat heavy equipment dealerships. My dad (who worked at cat) found that they were about to discard of both the game and the console so he saved it and gave it to me to add to my collection.

The game consists of a bulldozer that rides around and pushes dirt. Each dirt pile represents a "job". To keep from exploding you have to send in oil samples to the cat dealership ,then you will be told if the oil is good or bad. If you fail to do this occasionally your oil will go bad and your bulldozer will explode. To clean the oil you have to go to the cat dealership. The goal of the game is to make the most money from finishing "jobs".

I am pretty sure I have one of the last copys left in existinse. If anyone knows anything about the value or has any questions please send me a message. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing some background info on this... I guess there was little knowledge of this as I don't think there were many Cat customers who would be interested in gaming.

Is there anything different about the Colecovision console from a normal one? Maybe some Cat logos on it or a different colour?

Oh... one more question... was the system in a kiosk type setup or was it simply in front of a TV for people to use?

Thanks for sharing some background info on this... I guess there was little knowledge of this as I don't think there were many Cat customers who would be interested in gaming.

Is there anything different about the Colecovision console from a normal one? Maybe some Cat logos on it or a different colour?

Oh... one more question... was the system in a kiosk type setup or was it simply in front of a TV for people to use?

There was no special colecovision or kiosk. I own the colecovision it came with and there is nothing special about it that I can see.

There was no special colecovision or kiosk. I own the colecovision it came with and there is nothing special about it that I can see.

Ahh ok... well I appreciate you sharing with us. Here we are in 2011 and there's new info (well old info - but it's new to most of us!) for the great Colecovision.

I don't think a CIB would be necessary. Was there originally a box for this game? Or was it just a loose cart?

A loose cart with a replica label would be great.

I would just like to see this cart dumped, for starters. Then I can try it and see if it's worth owning on a cartridge. It probably is worth it, but I would still like to try before I buy a repro cart.

I don't think a CIB would be necessary. Was there originally a box for this game? Or was it just a loose cart?

I would just like to see this cart dumped, for starters. Then I can try it and see if it's worth owning on a cartridge. It probably is worth it, but I would still like to try before I buy a repro cart.

Honestly, judging from the description it sounds pretty simplistic/boring. That aside it would be great to have as a piece of ColecoVision History.

A rom dump would be fantastic and generous of you seaquest. It would not hurt the value of your rare original, in fact if anything it would help authenticate it and make it more valuable.

Well Retroillucid has PM'd him from AA and I PM'd him over at Digital Press. Retroillucid and I have the same kind of cart edge dumpers so hopefully Seaquest will follow up with one of us.

Edited by Ikrananka

Well Retroillucid has PM'd him from AA and I PM'd him over at Digital Press. Retroillucid and I have the same kind of cart edge dumpers so hopefully Seaquest will follow up with one of us.

I'm also up to buy it from him and release it :)

I do really want to preserve the game. If I could find someone that everybody trusts I would really like to dump it. I am sure we can all work something out. :)

Both Ikrananka and retroillucid are very trustworthy (I've dealt with them both) and there are others too, so you just need to find out which one is the closest to you, to minimize shipping fees (if possible).

• Like 2

I do really want to preserve the game. If I could find someone that everybody trusts I would really like to dump it. I am sure we can all work something out. :)

I can undertstand that sending the cartridge out to anyone (even someone trusted) may be an issue for you, but maybe we can find someone to meet with you in person.

Whereabouts are you located?

I can undertstand that sending the cartridge out to anyone (even someone trusted) may be an issue for you, but maybe we can find someone to meet with you in person.

Whereabouts are you located?

Retroillucid and Ikrananka are both fantastically trurtworthy, both Gentlemen live in Canada. However if your in the US, I would recommend sending Steve (classics here on Atariage) a message about dumping it for you. He is the man behind the 128-1 and SD multi-carts for the ColecoVision. He lives near Cleveland, OH and this to me would be safer than shipping international in my opinion.

• Like 2

I can do one better... I'll Paypal the shipping amount to you and whoever is receiving the cart (so they can ship it back for no charge). Let me know once everything is figured out. I can't see it being more than $10 each way? ($20 in total?) Anyway, the offer is there to help. Just PM me the paypal addresses of the 2 parties and the funds will be there.

That's my contribution to the preservation of this great find!

• Like 1

I can do one better... I'll Paypal the shipping amount to you and whoever is receiving the cart (so they can ship it back for no charge). Let me know once everything is figured out. I can't see it being more than $10 each way? ($20 in total?) Anyway, the offer is there to help. Just PM me the paypal addresses of the 2 parties and the funds will be there.

Gotta give a BIG +1 to your shipping reimbursement offer, King Salamon!

All parties mentioned (Retroillucid, Ikaranaka and Steve/AtariMax) are all extremely trustworthy and in fact have played a large role in keeping the ColecoVision Scene going all these years. So there should be no worries with any of them for you Seaquest. There is also the option of finding an ADAM Computer owner near you and through a program called CopyCart+ 2.0, you can dump the cartridge to a rom file and then transfer to a PC (but this method is a little more involved than using a dedicated cart dumper).

Concerning your desire to preserve it and possibly make it available to the masses, I and many others truly appreciate it and this will probably save a large number of CAT offices the headache of dealing with Coleco fans stopping by and asking if they know anything about the CV and cart. :D

I know I though about it already! :roll:

All parties mentioned (Retroillucid, Ikaranaka and Steve/AtariMax) are all extremely trustworthy and in fact have played a large role in keeping the ColecoVision Scene going all these years. So there should be no worries with any of them for you Seaquest. There is also the option of finding an ADAM Computer owner near you and through a program called CopyCart+ 2.0, you can dump the cartridge to a rom file and then transfer to a PC (but this method is a little more involved than using a dedicated cart dumper).

Concerning your desire to preserve it and possibly make it available to the masses, I and many others truly appreciate it and this will probably save a large number of CAT offices the headache of dealing with Coleco fans stopping by and asking if they know anything about the CV and cart. :D

I've talked to other forums and I now feel much better about mailing it to Retroillucid. Please give me the shipping info. We can also discuss what we want to do with the rom. The shipping reimbursement is very generous of you king salmon! I am really exited about sharing it with with my fellow collectors!

Edited by Seaquest

I've talked to other forums and I now feel much better about mailing it to Retroillucid. Please give me the shipping info. We can also discuss what we want to do with the rom. The shipping reimbursement is very generous of you king salmon! I am really exited about sharing it with with my fellow collectors!

Good Choice! :)

Thanks for getting this dumped.

PM Sent! :)