IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

YYZ BBS has had a successful great month with 77 calls to the board! Thanks for all who call on a regular basis and support this Atari 8-bit BBS.

YYZ_BBS_12-29-12.jpg (taken 12-29-12)

Of the 77 calls so far:

Guests = 06

300 bps = 05

2400 bps = 30

9600+ bps = 42

80 column callers = 25

40 column callers = 52

Much thanks to:

- Steven Tucker for recently updating the AtariMax APE modem for the board to handle the EOL translations properly for ATASCII/ASCII 40/80 column callers.

- Stephen Carden for the lastest registered copy of his customized RealDos to run the board. (nice powerful DOS with extra features)

Yours truly,

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

SysOp of YYZ BBS

YYZ BBS is located in Houston, TX USA.

Telnet: yyzbbs.no-ip.org

IP: 99.116.104.171 (port 23)

• Like 2

Thanks, Darklord. BBS veterans like you on here is what inspired me to work through all the challenges. Our Atari community still lives (just like in the 80's)!

Do you have a recent picture of your BBS equipment?

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

Edited by Lord Cygnus

Umm, lemme see...

Don't know if/when I've posted these elsewhere, but here are a few.

DarkForce, running in all its (semi) glory. (this shot actually shows the UDS1100,

I've switched back to the UDS10 since then):

post-5822-0-04120500-1356972085_thumb.jpg

The Mega ST4 that runs the BBS, opened up. You can see the ADSpeed accelerator here:

post-5822-0-82281200-1356972150_thumb.jpg

The Lantronix UDS10:

post-5822-0-19997400-1356972260_thumb.jpg

And finally, someone sent me this shot, they even log on to DarkForce, on the go! :)

post-5822-0-31827700-1356972628_thumb.jpg

HTHs.

• Like 1

I finally registered on YYZ. I'll have to get BOB Term working sometime so I can check it out in ATASCII. Will I get access to the other message bases or is there currently only the one?

Yes, you have more access now at the YYZ BBS. Thanks for signing up!

-=[LC]=-

I found a nice review of FoReM ST from a 1987 Analog magazine: http://archive.org/stream/analog-computing-magazine-58/Analog_Computing_58_1987-10_Adventure_Issue#page/n39/mode/2up

Favorite part:

If I had to pick a favorite feature (aside from the amount of control given to the SYSOP), it would be support of VT-52 cursor and color codes in messages and text files. With the VT-52 codes, it's possible to do animation and color changing, which can call attention to your messages. VT-52 animation seems to be the "in" thing on ST BBSs right now, and that may be one reason for Forem ST's popularity; it's one of the few with this feature.

I'd love to find an archive of VT-52 animations, but I haven't seen any since my BBSing days. Anyone else?

Not quite sure what the lack of interest was on my BBS, but 1 call every 2 or 3 weeks is just dumb so The Electric Cafe' is forever down permanently. Thanks to everyone who called and tried to support the BBS but it's a waste of equipment and electricity.

Edited by DocRotCod

Really sorry to hear that Doc. Sometimes its really hard to attract callers/interest,

I'll be the first to admit.

I'm also guilty of not calling other Atari based BBS's as much as I should. I usually

try to make rounds once a month (at least), but sometimes I don't. Work, family,

this, that, or the other always seems to interfere.

Again, sorry to see your BBS go - it will be missed.

Sorry Docrot. I will admit, i didn't think your BBS was currently active or I had trouble getting on there for a while so thought it was own like a month or two ago. Anyway, thanks for putting the BBS back up. It was fun.

Not quite sure what the lack of interest was on my BBS, but 1 call every 2 or 3 weeks is just dumb so The Electric Cafe' is forever down permanently. Thanks to everyone who called and tried to support the BBS but it's a waste of equipment and electricity.

Sorry to hear that :(

I'm not sure if I called your board and gave it the chance it deserved. Well, if you decide to give it another run, let me know so I can call it on a regular basis!

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

Wow 4 girls! Congratulations on the upcoming one, btw.

If you do decide to reopen the Cafe at some point, please

post *loudly* and let us know - I'll make sure I've got you

on my regular caller list for BBSs and will be a frequent

flyer. :)

PS and I thought my one 10 year old girl is a handful! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Folks, recently I did an inactive user "purge" on DarkForce. Any account that hadn't

been active for longer than 2 years was deleted. We had over 750+ users listed, but

only about 200 or so that are actually calling. Some of those accounts hadn't seen

a call in over 10 years...

At least 1 person (jens) who had called in that time frame was accidentally caught

and deleted as well.

So if anyone has any problems, just let me know and I'll fix it. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Umm, lemme see...

Don't know if/when I've posted these elsewhere, but here are a few.

DarkForce, running in all its (semi) glory. (this shot actually shows the UDS1100,

I've switched back to the UDS10 since then):

post-5822-0-04120500-1356972085_thumb.jpg

The Mega ST4 that runs the BBS, opened up. You can see the ADSpeed accelerator here:

post-5822-0-82281200-1356972150_thumb.jpg

The Lantronix UDS10:

post-5822-0-19997400-1356972260_thumb.jpg

And finally, someone sent me this shot, they even log on to DarkForce, on the go! :)

post-5822-0-31827700-1356972628_thumb.jpg

HTHs.

whell the power supply has to come out and be external 1st off 2nd the square smaller chips need heatsink and fans ! then you can remove the copper and recycle it...I am glad i dont have one of those

Ok i would love one of those but it would over heat at my house if i left it on but I do like that detailed picture...

you should be fine w out fans unless you can burn youre finger on a chip its time to put a vga cooler on it!.

have fun and remember NICE pictures... I tried to got onto telnet://thunderdome.homeip.ne using atari simulatort once