IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

Awesome, thanks for looking into that for me. I will check it out later today.

Okay, here is what he said:

"That one is called "Mobile Admin" by Solarwinds.

Pretty good one. Supports a lot of different protocols.

Can do SSH and RDP as well (remote desktop)"

HTHs. :)

Edited by Mad Hatter

Okay, here is what he said:

"That one is called "Mobile Admin" by Solarwinds.

Pretty good one. Supports a lot of different protocols.

Can do SSH and RDP as well (remote desktop)"

HTHs. :)

Yes... but will it do ATASCII??? :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say 'Hey' Darklord! i've been having a lot of fun trying to get Altirra up and in connection to your Darkforces board! It is obviously an emulator, but I have been getting a real feel for how things must have worked in the late-eighties. Best of all is the 'feel' of the old text-based systems. A real pleasure to try to work through. Also, my apologies if my 'dial ups' have been hammering anything. 'Sx Express' is not entirely straighforward to use and I have had quite a few false-starts in the attempt to get to grips with it. I think I may well give another app a try.

I will keep looking in - although I think I may take a less authentic route in future and try a PC based telnet client!

Anyway - many thanks again! I hope you keep things ticking over for a good while to come in the BBS world.

Glad you posted - I didn't want to mention it. Since Inside the 8-bit went down (Steve Carden's multi-node BBS, took major damage from a lightning strike), you have the only 8-bit(Atari) BBS running on real hardware that I am aware of.

Inside the 8-bit BBS is back up. Telent realdos.net port 8888.

My Web site is http://www.realdos.net

Please come and enjoy the bbs. I will be bringing more slaves online as I upgrade some of my slaves.

Stephen J. Carden

Inside the 8-bit BBS is back online and I will be adding more slaves. I retired a few months ago and now I have time to work on some of my Atari Projects. My Web Site is up with a lot of information on the 8-bit.

http://www.realdos.net

for the BBS Telnet realdos.net port 8888. Right now I only have one slave up as I put some hradware upgrades into my slaves.

This is also cool. I am runring my Multiplexer Master on a 130xe with a Ultimate 1 Meg and Side 2 Cart. The Atr files for the BBS are on a compact flash Chip. I have the hardware to build my new Multiplexer cable to support 8 slaves.

Stephen J. Carden

Well, hopefully I'll get all this Fido stuff sorted out and I'll be live by then. :) (Well, not much now, just need to actually get the AreaFix request going and actually getting the echos I want, since I'm already getting the R11ADMIN and FIDOTEST).

Looking good guys, we'll be featuring the active BBS scene in Atari User, so some good photos, history etc would be great - no naked photos though , please.

This is fantastic. When is the deadline for submissions?

I'm just wrapping up the next issue so 2-3 weeks from now would be fine.

We'd like to cover as much as possible, with some history, background on as many BBS as possible, BBS software used, hardware used, how to connect on classic hardware and via PC, that sort of thing. Ideally give each BBS plenty of coverage.

Hi all you BBS's. Right Now in addition to my BBS which run my BBS Software, RealDos, Multiplexer, Ultimate 1 Meg, and Side 2 Cart. I am working with another Atari User who is in the process of Building an 8 Node 8-bit BBS. I am working with him because this is a lot of hardware and a lot of software to get up and running. I do not know what the name of the BBS will be but their some will be another 8-bit BBS. He will be running the Same software and Hardware that I am running.

This was cool.. Now that I run off of a compact flash card I can back my BBS up in 30 seconds on the PC. if you would like to read my review of this hardware Vistit my web site http://www.realdos.net or loginot the real hardware telnet realdos.net port 8888.

i have more work to do on hardware to bring up some more slaves.

Stephen J. Carden

I used to have a terminal program installed on my Windows 7 PC which had lots of different terminals in it... including ATASCII.

Can someone remember what this terminal is called?? (My memory chips need replacing).