IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

You still need to put your bbs IP and name in your signature and profile!!!

Yes, I do. Thanks. Also thanks for you excellent work on those settings to get rid of that damn echo.

Attention everyone: Windows telnet.exe works properly now. Beautiful ANSI screens with no annoying echo.

Win+R telnet broadway1.lorexddns.net

Very easy to connect, you can make a new shortcut on the desktop with the above command line if you like.

• Like 2

Okay I called in using an MSS 100 , MIO , and Bobterm... Atascii was working....

then I used all the different windows built in telnets, and that works without echos...

the I hit it with hyperterm and it was okay, so I think your set... and your Atascii note after log on is also fixed up as well... :)

Of course anybody calling in probably couldn't connect while all that was going on... and well er I had to test Pro-Zee and well a few other 'crucial' diversions like that.

If your going to download successfully, I suggest marking the file, or files, and then use F-modem batch downloading. It's what works with whatever old Bobterm I was using...

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been on 8-bit Guild lately? I wonder if the BBS is having disk problems because the other day I noticed message #50 in base #1 was scrambled. I left the SysOp feedback about it.

As of today, I am no longer able to login. It says my password is invalid despite the fact that I use a password that's stored in a macro (so I am sure it's correct). When I try to login as new, it says my name is in use, so it doesn't appear that my account is deleted.

When I try to create a brand new account the BBS gets stuck with the following message:

Generating Password...Hold On

-JP

Resistance Cove

St Guild BBS

bfbbs.no-ip.com :9000

bates motel

8 bit guild

These I cannot connect to today. Alcatraz I created another account for .. even though I can see in the user log, I logged on yesterday.

James

Ooops...I missed your mention of ST Guild before posting my message about ST Guild. :)

I successfully logged onto Resistance, SFHQ, TVAG, Part-Time, Alcatraz, Bates Motel, and Boot Factory earlier today. I think 8 bit Guild may have crashed when I tried creating a new account on it today (see my message above). I also tried YYZ, but the system was busy.

-JP

LOL.. so tonight after watch my Maple Leafs blow a 3-0 lead I decide to try a few boards again...

YYZ and 8-bit board both responded tonight.. wooot: SO really the only one I cant get on anymore at the moment is the ST Guild. I also log into the Prison board which is a PC based board. I think thats in your list Tillek... and Star Fleet HQ has another board also on a different port #

I have been doing this on my syncterm .. but I will soon have my STs and my 8-bits set back up. I will use my MSS100 on the 8-bit through my PR: connection. and the STs I can use my COSMOS and wifi.

James

If you want to do BBSing through Alteria, is it just a matter of some settings and you have serial connections through to the network??? I have never tried.

Yes. Under the System tab, select Devices..., then add the 850 Interface Module, then under the 850 Interface Module, add the Modem device. Any modem communication will now go through the network by default. So, you can then run a term program like Bobterm in the emulator and it will use the network. The one difference is the modem command to connect to a system. It's ATDI instead of ATDT (or ATDP).

• Like 1

Has anyone seen the other board that the fellow from StarFleet runs? Vetern Adventurers? I guess its a privite bbs? because there is no way when logging on to create a new account??

James

I'm on there. I didn't realize it was not accepting new users...maybe that's why I'm almost always the last caller when I login. :grin:

It should be.... But maybe I didn't change the message from the testing days.

I'll do that this weekend... but truth be told, I don't maintain it much because no one seems to care.

As your only user, I can emphatically say that 100% of your users care. (never mind the fact that the BBS was accidentally closed to new users ;) )

• Like 1

I wonder if it is possible to write a Pro! module to network a message base with a Plato system.

Any good module writers out there?

Possible, yes, but the max. size of a single Pro-message is too limited.

I networked with a few use-groups like comp.sys.atari.8bit and also the atari8-l mailing list but since the message-bodies of those are much larger you need multiple Pro-message's to import it. With a max. of only 250 msg's in a message-base it rotates very quickly.

The other way around (from Pro to something else) is easy to do. Just prepare a network package for a non-existing node and extract the stuff you need.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...