IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

I've been doing a Keto/fasting diet myself and one thing that I wasn't expecting was having that afternoon sleepy-ness go away. I can now work on Atari stuff after I get home from work and not get sleepy archiving. Lost 20 lbs. in a month as well. Another couple of months of this and I'll be buying new pants.

Allan

• Like 6

I've been doing a Keto/fasting diet myself and one thing that I wasn't expecting was having that afternoon sleepy-ness go away. I can now work on Atari stuff after I get home from work and not get sleepy archiving. Lost 20 lbs. in a month as well. Another couple of months of this and I'll be buying new pants.

Allan

Yes! Exactly... that was the immediate change I saw... much more energy. I also, because I'm on an antibiotic for life to keep the infection in me at bay so it can't get at my heart again, I take a broad probiotic from GNC, thats another thing I find helps tremendously with my health, digestion and immune system. I take my health very seriously, I am not going to lose 8 years of my life again.

• Like 5

Some more interesting BBS finds:

AMIS 2 node BBS Boot disk

2 Node BBS boot disk.atr

AMIS Multi-node, multi Drive BBS

2 Node BBS boot disk.atr

Forem 2.2XL Corvus HD version 1 Side 1 & 2:

ForemXL 2-2 Corvus Ver 1 - Requires BASIC XL.atr

ForemXL 2-2 Corvus Ver 1 - Side 2 of Disk.atr

Have fun! More coming...

• Like 6

Some more interesting BBS finds:

AMIS 2 node BBS Boot disk

attachicon.gif2 Node BBS boot disk.atr

AMIS Multi-node, multi Drive BBS

attachicon.gif2 Node BBS boot disk.atr

Forem 2.2XL Corvus HD version 1 Side 1 & 2:

attachicon.gifForemXL 2-2 Corvus Ver 1 - Requires BASIC XL.atr

attachicon.gifForemXL 2-2 Corvus Ver 1 - Side 2 of Disk.atr

Have fun! More coming...

AMIS 2 node BBS Boot disk posted twice...

Please note that my BBS is down for a while. I am backing up the C: drive to a USB stick. DMA off, Divisor zero, but it's still gonna take a while.

Batch file:

echo off

poke 559 0

copy /r c:\*.* pclk:\

poke 559 34

Edit: Damn it! F***

RespeQt r4.3 just crashed. I saw a M$ Error Report box pop up. I reported the error, but I doubt it will do any good.

I'll try it again.

Edited by Kyle22
  • Like 1

Please note that my BBS is down for a while. I am backing up the C: drive to a USB stick. DMA off, Divisor zero, but it's still gonna take a while.

Batch file:

echo off

poke 559 0

copy /r c:\*.* pclk:\

poke 559 34

Edit: Damn it! F***

RespeQt r4.3 just crashed. I saw a M$ Error Report box pop up. I reported the error, but I doubt it will do any good.

I'll try it again.

Kyle doesn't SDX copy command have an /s switch to turn off the screen DMA also..

COPY /RS C:*.* PCLK:

Even with RespeQt 4.2.1 it still crashes with the M$ Error Report message.

It works great on small operations. Large ones like copy C:\*.* seem to cause problems.

Is there a known good copy of it? The only thing I care about is that it's fast. Happy, Archiver doesn't matter.

I have ran this before on the EXACT SAME HARDWARE and it worked before.

I'll keep looking around and report the version that works.

I remember back when I was living in a small town in New Jersey called Union City, I used to log into a BBS with the letters EBBS which was for East Brunswick Bulletin Board Systems. By any chance, is the person or persons involved with EBBS part of Atariage? EBBS had some really fun games back in the day.

Edited by AtariDude
  • Like 1

So is there an updated Atari bbs list?? I know we have had a few go down.. I think Brewing academy has changed address???

James

I've been planning to work on it but I was trying to set it up so that it could be dynamically updated and that's taking too long, so I think I'll do another manual edit (have to change the year anyway).

In addition to setting it up so other people can do edits, the plan that I briefly talked to JP about was to let BBS's have a little module they can run when they come online (part of the startup script) that will let the site know they're up and running.

But like I said, this keeps getting drawn out by some other things going on, along with the job hunt.... so I'll be updating it tomorrow while I'm taking full advantage of my unemployed status to watch some first round NCAA tournament action. ;)

• Like 1

If anyone finds a GOOD BBS List, please upload it to here, AND my BBS. Feedback me and I will update the list.

Thanx.

Did you have a problem with the one I was doing (other than maybe not being so proactive in updating it?)

Which I just did by the way.