IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

try plugging the mss 100 into 850 interface port #4

use a terminal capable of R4:

without disturbing your wire power supply patch use a pin to hold the reset button in on the mss100 while plugging it in and continue holding it in at least four or five seconds and release... yes we are trying a hardware factory reset again...

Edited by _The Doctor__

I would like to ask why I am getting a fatal error -33 when I run door games on my Forem ST BBS, it happens with all Atari ST door games that use the MSH.PRG program, this iks the only thing standing between me and getting a door game to work properly.  Russ

On 8/7/2019 at 2:35 PM, _The Doctor__ said:

actually if it's about Atari related BBS's it can be here. Discussion of the BBS's, their software, hardware, and languages are all relevant.

So a discussion regarding a graphics and shape library is topical because even though you would use neither for a BBS, it was in a language one BBS program was written in.... is OK.

A question about a problem with an Atari BBS from a BBS Sysop is not OK because all of the sudden this is an A8 only BBS thing even though we've discussed all Atari BBS stuff over the years?

Just want to make sure because if this has suddenly become an A8 only BBS zone, that would be good to know.

(Russ, a 33 is a file not found... probably just looking for a file in the wrong directory).

• Thanks 1

Atari 8 bit related BBS(s) is the topic, and almost every inch of the thread is related to 8 bit bbs or the connection of devices to an 8 bit bbs, terminal, device, bbs on another system in relation to an 8 bit calling it or viewing one or serving to an 8-bit.

Just because the shape libarary isn't served does not mean you wouldn't see it on the BBS screen of the serving computer in lets say the sysops console etc. I felt that it would be good for sysops to learn about the language so they can do their own modifications of their BBS's as well.

as to my response to the ST door question...

I am not exactly certain where coding of non related portions (for the most part) of another platform qualifies as being related unless it's about providing an 8 bits translation types being supported. But I'm probably overly tired and just not seeing it. Have at it I guess. I still suspect the answer would be had much quicker and more completely from someone who could explain and or fix the code to make the program work with the ST software he wishes to use.

I am glad to see you helped him with whatever the error code could be.

Edited by _The Doctor__

5 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

that would be a question for the ST forum, as this is the Atari 8 bit BBS forum, not the Atari 16/24/32 forum...

You can also discuss Atari 8/16/32/etc. BBS issues on the Atari BBS Gurus club. 

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka
  • Like 2

Well...this forum is listed as 8bit. No doubt.

But it's usually pretty informal and most of the Atari BBS'ing crowd,

both 8bit and 16 bit, hang around here, posting messages that pertain

to both platforms. I know I have and do.

After all, we all love Atari, in its various incarnations, and we all love

BBS'ing, so just like a car enthusiast show, we just get there in different

rides...  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sounds like what might have been a complicated issue was cake, it would seem tillek had a quick answer to get russ squared away... I think his answer deserves some forum reaction for helping out- I've tossed a like/thank you there.

Edited by _The Doctor__

1 hour ago, rcamp48 said:

My BBS may be run on an Atari Mega ST4, but it caters mainly to Atari 8 Bit , its really an Atari 8 Bit BBS, just run on a different machine, and yes its back online, online games are almost ready.

Tried to log on.. and I am on my 2nd or 3rd account because your system keeps forgetting me?? no idea.. 

But my login again did not work.. each time I have recorded what I put in.. each time I cannot login the next time.

James

2 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

My BBS may be run on an Atari Mega ST4, but it caters mainly to Atari 8 Bit , its really an Atari 8 Bit BBS, just run on a different machine, and yes its back online, online games are almost ready.

Glad you were able to figure it out.

1 hour ago, Bikerbob said:

Tried to log on.. and I am on my 2nd or 3rd account because your system keeps forgetting me?? no idea.. 

But my login again did not work.. each time I have recorded what I put in.. each time I cannot login the next time.

James

Well he mentioned on the ST forum that he had an SF card go south without a backup so that might have been part of what was lost. :(

Ya the SD card went on me with no backup , but the good news is that 2 out of 4 online games are working, I spent 18 hours reworking the BBS , of the four online games that are there:

1) Dark Lord's Castle is working OK.

2) DDST - Adventure Online is not.

3) World of War is working OK.

4) Federation of Wrestling is not working yet.

I will be working on them for another 2 hours. cross linking data from the Online Games to the FDBASE, setting things all up, lots of work in the background. 

Russ

8 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

What setting do i use to set the UDS-10 to RAW ???? I am still getting 300 Baud connections on online games

Russ

Doc is right...DisConnMode should be 81 for RAW mode. For future reference, grab the latest version of the Lantronix UDS-10 settings at the following link (grab the latest version in the thread).

Spy Visits Spy BBS is now fully operational and has 5 working online games, everything seems to work OK on the 5 games that I have:

1) Dark Lord's Castle

2) DDST -- The Adventure Online Game Vers 1.12

3) Empire -- World War Beta

4) World of Wrestling Federation Online Game

5) ST National, an Atari ST Drag Race Game

Sorry but I should have posted this in the ST section, however it pertains to BBS's in general so I will leave it here. I will try to get a few 8 Bit Online games going soon. Russ