IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

On 1/5/2021 at 10:40 PM, JohnPolka said:

No. Neither original BBS Express! nor BBS Express Pro! have a scripting language.

Pro!-BBS can do limited script-like things by using batch files.  It supports parameters and one can call existing modules to do all kind of things.

#BBSweek - After a month or so of grinding on the code, Fuji Amis is online and undergoing UAT and stability testing.. Modified extensively from the 1986 MACE original code, built for FujiNet or Altirra with variable baud rates, a screen driver, updated features and a bunch of improvements for the sysop, message board navigation and the option to turn on user profile / user passwords. Additional feature to reduce the once complex message compactor, is now an automated feature.. If you have a chance, atascii over to amis86.ddns.net:9000 as this is a nice piece of history and restoration that brings AMIS back after at least 20 years of being off line... Placing this project under the Southern Amis Group of Projects including the parent bbs southernamis.ddns.net:23

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DarkLord said:

Hmm, so amis is ATASCII only?

Thanks.

Southernamis.ddns.net:23 is Atari / Atascii only.

The restored/New Build of AMIS, Fuji Amis is Atascii and Ascii.. A bit more to the Atascii side.. amis86.ddns.net:9000 

Lets not forget it is Atari Message Information System.. 

3 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

I knew someone would catch me on that! TBH, it probably is something worth testing. Do you have a BBS I can call John?

Yeah, the Basement BBS (basementbbs.ddns.net:9000). That would be a good test. Besides ATASCII graphics, there are also some screens and menus that use ATASCII cursor controls to create scrolling text, etc.

southernamis.ddns.net:23 and alcatrazbbs.ddns.net:9000 are good test BBSs for ATASCII too. 

-JP

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, moonlight_mile said:

Not that I am aware of. Did you try hitting the enter button a couple of times?

Yep. It's not picking up that I'm running ATASCII (or PETSCII) terminal emulation. There's something odd going on, no doubt at my end, just don't know what.

I wonder if there's an ATASCII terminal program for the Amiga? That's the only other computer I've got to try.

8 hours ago, Mazzspeed said:

Hmmm.

I select ATASCII mode and southernamis boots me off without letting me log in. Alctatraz BBS appears to be offline altogether?

Sounds like you were not in ATASCII mode when you called Southern Amis. Southern Amis is ATASCII only. Southern Amis will ask you to press Return and if you send it a non-ATASCII return, it will print a message like "Atascii only - change term or Syncterm mode to Atari" and log you off. If you're in ATASCII mode and press Return, then the term program should send an ATASCII return.

-JP

Edited by JohnPolka
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnPolka said:

Sounds like you were not in ATASCII mode when you called Southern Amis. Southern Amis is ATASCII only. Southern Amis will ask you to press Return and if you send it a non-ATASCII return, it will print a message like "Atascii only - change term or Syncterm mode to Atari" and log you off. If you're in ATASCII mode and press Return, then the term program should send an ATASCII return.

-JP

There's something buggy going on with both SyncTerm and Qodem, both don't seem to actually enable ATASCII as well as PETSCII.

I'm still trying to work it out.

38 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

There's something buggy going on with both SyncTerm and Qodem, both don't seem to actually enable ATASCII as well as PETSCII.

I'm still trying to work it out.

That's weird. On Syncterm, I just set Screen mode to Atari under the BBS listings. For example,

syncterm-screen.png