IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

17 hours ago, Amis said:

I don’t recognize your handle or recall having seen you on my BBS’s or the other Atari boards each of us support daily. Have you been contributing to the Atari BBS’s on the list? What handle do you go by? Which of the boards do you call?

I am actually  The Master-SPy, and just started frequenting the Atari BBS's , I ran Spy Visits Spy BBS for years , just getting back into it, I have a tutorial for setting up Forem XE on either real hardware or on Altirra...... I used to call John Polka's boards quite a bit but with running a 16 node BBS under Christ Followers BBS for over 2 years, I have been busy. Still I intend to call more often..... Russ

I have the complete software package for Forem XE , all sorted out and online but only 1 caller at a time , I wonder if I could link it to 16 nodes on Wildcat, I wiull have to try it, it might involve running the modem on more than just port 1985, say posrts 1985 to 1995 for 10 nodes

20 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

I am actually  The Master-SPy, and just started frequenting the Atari BBS's , I ran Spy Visits Spy BBS for years , just getting back into it, I have a tutorial for setting up Forem XE on either real hardware or on Altirra...... I used to call John Polka's boards quite a bit but with running a 16 node BBS under Christ Followers BBS for over 2 years, I have been busy. Still I intend to call more often..... Russ

I think all of this is marketing. Not sure what your selling or for what reason, but i'm not buying it..  

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Amis said:

I think all of this is marketing. Not sure what your selling or for what reason, but i'm not buying it..  

Not selling anything, just working on Forem XE and making it available to all... working out the bugs in it and polishing it up.

Forem_XE_Pro_5.4_Master_Disk_Updated_With_Docs.atr

There are too many Atari 8 Bit BBS's coming out with Fujinet and TNFS servers. What I am going to do instead is run a BBS that is strictly for the Atari Portfolio, you will be able to log onto the BBS with your Atari Portfolio and DIRECTLY download any of the 22,000 files onto your Atari Portfolio. In order for me to set it up I have to take all directories from my Atari Portfolio section and turn the files from each into atrs so that the Atari 8 Bit computer can read them.

Forem XE will be customized to 7 or 8 line screens in ASCII, all screens will be set up this way.

I will have a section in the Login prompts that offer Atari Portfolio as a choice of Atascii, ascii, ansi, etc and will automatically set everything up for you to download in xterm .

One question: How many Atari Portfolio users are there out there that have wifi on their Atari Portfolio? Or should I offer a dial up line ? That means getting a real 850 interface, I have lots of 56K modems.

Let me know what you think if you are an Atari Portfolio user.

I will be addressing the problem of unzipping files on the Atari Portfolio, since everything I store with the exception of a few files is zipped, it would be easy for me to customize Forem XE to first unzip the files to a temporary directory on the 8 bit Atari then allow the user to download the unzipped files directly to his/her memory card. This should not be too hard to do within Basic XE and will make things really good. I will provide the newer updated Forem XE as I update it. Russ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TimeMachine set:1985

Welcome to 1985! There is a brand new bbs program from Matt Singer. He calls it FoReM XE!

It is fully customizable and very fast thanks to the new Basic XE language cart!

Come and visit:

FoReMXEBBS.ddns.net
Port:9999
————————————
Yup I put up an old FoReM XE bbs for true nostalgia.

It took a heroic effort by Amis to get it to work with Altirra but he got it working!

My plan is to keep it as close to the Original as possible. We will be upgrading it as time goes on.

Please be patient if there are any issues or errors. It was never meant to be run in the 21at century! Lol.

Stop by and see what the state of the art bbs was in 1985!

FoReMxebbs.ddns.net port:9999

Welcome to 1985!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tillek said:

No.

Honestly, part of the appeal of BBSs for many (if not most) of us is the different dynamic brought by the absence of the internet forum crowd.

ok, which ones are the most active to explore? also are there any MUDs that works with the Atari?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DarkLord said:

Not sure about MUDs...but, Tillek maintains a current list of active

to very active Atari (both 8bit and 16bit) BBS's. You can find it

here:

http://sfhqbbs.org/ataribbslist.php

HTH's! :)

I'll be updating that tonight as well.  Need to list the new Forem XE one and (I apologize) the change to your port.

8 hours ago, Tillek said:

I'll be updating that tonight as well.  Need to list the new Forem XE one and (I apologize) the change to your port.

Yeah, you really need to change that. I've not been able to logon to my own BBS in days... <rolls eyes>    :)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, prysm1 said:

cool thanks, i visited amis8 a couple of times. very cool.

It is, and they are! You really should visit as many as you can. You'll find some similarity but

you'll also find that some are quite different overall.

Vive la difference!  :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have entered the labyrinth and went looking for a complete list of FujiNet smartmodem AT commands and can't find them... where are they buried?

If there is a built in AT? or ATHELP or similar command, can someone take screens shots of them or capture them with the terminal buffer and put them in a use-able locatable place?

found obscure info sprinkled here and there but no one go to source of at command and their other equivalents, trying read the documents is a bit of a where the heck is this piece, that piece and was it in this video snippet or that snippet, or hey there's this on the wicki, but...  surely there is a secret handshake to get us into the manual or compendium of end user monolithic documentation.

Edited by _The Doctor__

17 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I have entered the labyrinth and went looking for a complete list of FujiNet smartmodem AT commands and can't find them... where are they buried?

If there is a built in AT? or ATHELP or similar command, can someone take screens shots of them or capture them with the terminal buffer and put them in a use-able locatable place?

PDF of the AT? screen capture attached - FujiNet AT Commands

fuji.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1