svenski

22 hours ago, Amis said:

PDF of the AT? screen capture attached - FujiNet AT Commands

fuji.pdf 8.86 kB · 13 downloads

thank you!

however it seems we must...

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/wiki/Using-the-MODEM-Sniffer

so it's AT-SNIFF and AT+SNIFF ... ???

and https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/wiki/Additional-Commands-for-R%3A-Devices

XIO methods and so on for snippets of this or that... so I've been bouncing around the site for random wisdom droplets like this...

can we get some probing of the AT commands in the help sense for a complete list of all commands that actually work, It seems AT+ is a things and maybe the AT # $ % &  bits and pieces might be hiding in there as well... perhaps an AT&W to save config.

okay so not all commands work in that list... true/false

the list doesn't show the standard commands a bbs would use such as...

showing the caller ip...  like some lantronix/perle/etc

responding to ata and ato?

showing a menu/ringing/busy like some lantronix/perle/etc

having used a few that simulate a ring not only to the serial port but echoed back to the 'caller' they can also respond with busy (just a second connection listen response, connect ring, connect busy)  maybe fujinet could do that as well so that (my lantronix multiport even provides a menu to choose which BBS you want to connect to via menu)

turn off +++ command mode so people can't hang or drop the board during downloads or other such instances like watching and atascii movie?

The problems aren't with all the BBS programs... it's configuration omissions and procedure issues so far...

while I've got a few BBS's now marginally running using round about methods.... the core set of problems being no consolidated listing of all AT commands for fujinet... or a chart of xio etc to simulate the methods used by modems and serial to lan devices for decades...

The help command list that FujiNet is providing does not appear to be accurate in that the latter choices in it's list do not work except for the CPM command...

In it's current state of affair, BBS will drop if user or BBS sends +++,

In reality a connect should not happen if the BBS doesn't raise DTR or send and ATA (so a caller would get connect listener response drop/disconnect) or simply not respond at all if the BBS doesn't assert DTR

some of that is cannon, some of that is what could or should be done to make FujiNet a great experience.

as it stands the autoanswer and connect unconditionally allows for people to see the init strings interferes with operations

The good news, yes you can do high speed connects and not lose characters, even upload and download... however getting everything else squared away is an issue... networked bases, +++ issues, and control of answering when the system decides it should or shouldn't has to be handled. The concept was to emulate/simulate the Call/BBS/Modem experience... hopefully the inaccurate help screen aesthetic can be changed without too much effort/drama. Perhaps a manual, wiki of all the stuff corralled into a modem/bbs AT/XIO page or two...   So we have a reference to make our own configurators and waitcalls...

so much potential...

Edited by _The Doctor__

21 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

can we get some probing of the AT commands in the help sense for a complete list of all commands that actually work, It seems AT+ is a things and maybe the AT # $ % &  bits and pieces might be hiding in there as well... perhaps an AT&W to save config.

The AT, beyond your initial request for AT? commands are listed in modem.h, modem.cpp provides the structure. As for XIO commands, these are standard to the handler and authentic to Atari Basic. All the information you are questioning is directly in the firmware. I have attached to the two files which can be viewed in a text editor or can be reached with Xcode or Microsoft Visual Studio, other integrated development environment to https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio.git

modem.cpp modem.h

• Like 1

interesting things in there like-

The MODEM is currently serving another caller. Please try again later....

there certainly is lots of stuff written in there... but that's not how it's working... so is this something new and not in the current build or the old one with lot's of ideas but not actually completed/implemented/broken ?? I kind of expected fujinet would server such words to any device calling letting you know it's busy etc. even if it had to do the tcp connect response it could follow it with the payload.

reading this in notepad at the moment so it's not exactly formatted  :)

I read that it disconnects if +++ comes across the line... this is why telecom packages break... +++ should either be ignored for almost all serving situation, or go to  command mode.... some devices ignore it unless they see  +++ (guardpause)  ATH   and then disconnect (hang up) or similar

So this is what's listed to be but there a number that are broken / ignored / omitted...

"AT",
            "ATNET0",
            "ATNET1",
            "ATA",
            "ATIP",
            "AT?",
            "ATH",
            "+++ATH",
            "ATDT",
            "ATDP",
            "ATDI",
            "ATWIFILIST",
            "ATWIFICONNECT",
            "ATGET",
            "ATPORT",
            "ATV0",
            "ATV1",
            "AT&F",
            "ATS0=0",
            "ATS0=1",
            "ATS2=43",
            "ATS5=8",
            "ATS6=2",
            "ATS7=30",
            "ATS12=20",
            "ATE0",
            "ATE1",
            "ATM0",
            "ATM1",
            "ATX1",
            "AT&C1",
            "AT&D2",
            "AT&W",
            "ATH2",
            "+++ATZ",
            "ATS2=128 X1 M0",
            "AT+SNIFF",
            "AT-SNIFF",
            "AT+TERM=VT52",
            "AT+TERM=VT100",
            "AT+TERM=ANSI",
            "AT+TERM=DUMB",
            "ATCPM",
            "ATPBLIST",
            "ATPBCLEAR",
            "ATPB",
            "ATO"

what listed is a great idea but it's not in the current help screen or functioning that way (yet) so it's on to the second part of the beast... and seeing what's actually implemented and then maybe that can be shoved into the help screen for the time being.

The Escape Sequence can be disabled using ATS2=128 on mostly any device so it's good to see it in the list.

X1 is dont monitor for busy signal

and M0 means be quiet and don't send the noise to the speaker...(which doesn't exist anyway in fujinet)

at least we have a list of commands now... and something to probe with rather quickly just to see what's live.

Edited by _The Doctor__

AT_AT = 0,
        AT_NET0,
        AT_NET1,
        AT_A,
        AT_IP,
        AT_HELP,
        AT_H,
        AT_H1,
        AT_DT,
        AT_DP,
        AT_DI,
        AT_WIFILIST,
        AT_WIFICONNECT,
        AT_GET,
        AT_PORT,
        AT_V0,
        AT_V1,
        AT_ANDF_ignored,         AT&F... is what that's supposed to be  (never spelled out like that)
        AT_S0E0,
        AT_S0E1,
        AT_S2E43_ignored,
        AT_S5E8_ignored,
        AT_S6E2_ignored,
        AT_S7E30_ignored,
        AT_S12E20_ignored,
        AT_E0,
        AT_E1,
        AT_M0_ignored,
        AT_M1_ignored,
        AT_X1_ignored,
        AT_AC1_ignored,
        AT_AD2_ignored,
        AT_AW_ignored,
        AT_OFFHOOK,
        AT_ZPPP_ignored,
        AT_BBSX_ignored,
        AT_SNIFF,
        AT_UNSNIFF,
        AT_TERMVT52,
        AT_TERMVT100,
        AT_TERMDUMB,
        AT_TERMANSI,
        AT_CPM,
        AT_PHONEBOOKLIST,
        AT_PHONEBOOKCLR,
        AT_PHONEBOOK,
        AT_O,
        AT_ENUMCOUNT};

uint modemBaud = 300; // Holds modem baud rate, Default 300
    bool DTR = false;
    bool RTS = false;
    bool XMT = false;
    bool baudLock = false; // lock modem baud rate from further changes.

didn't see register 128 at a quick glance

looks like a number of people need to update their fujinets... I ask if it's updated and they say yes- with the latest... but the at? help screen may not agree... maybe the version number could be help screen or the ati command

sooo....

Edited by _The Doctor__

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

looks like a number of people need to update their fujinets... I ask if it's updated and they say yes- with the latest... but the at? help screen may not agree... maybe the version number could be help screen or the ati command

sooo....

The pull from the github is the most recent firmware. The version number is available in the web admin. Maybe it would be good to know what you are trying to accomplish. If this is for a connect set up to a bbs, you will need the rlistener which may explain why your not seeing the busy bbs message. A number of the AT commands are not necessary as the 850 and R: handler are the same as Altirra. If you are looking to re-write the modem.cpp I can tell you it is definitely needed and believe the FujiNet team would agree. Anyway, the tools ATR is attached which contains RLISTEN.COM if you currently do not have the files. 

fnc-tools.atr

ASCII Cr is 13

ATASCII CR is 155

When you are asked to Hit ENTER (or Return), the BBS decides from your keystroke whether you are ASCII or ATASCII. (basically... depending on the BBS, it can be a little more complicated than that as some BBSes offer more connections that simply ASCII or ATASCII)

If you're on a PC use SyncTerm or AT_Telnet

If you're on an Atari use Bobterm 1.23

I see you were on my BBS today.  I have validated you.

How else can I help?  You need Bobterm?

I don't use an emulator... the tweaked versions are for the emulators... ATDI is an altirra thing.

just used  bobterm1.21 it in altirra...

Try using the macro section to do your dialing... you can do more this way. so not an issue. Works great.

Edited by _The Doctor__

17 hours ago, bf2k+ said:

ASCII Cr is 13

ATASCII CR is 155

When you are asked to Hit ENTER (or Return), the BBS decides from your keystroke whether you are ASCII or ATASCII. (basically... depending on the BBS, it can be a little more complicated than that as some BBSes offer more connections that simply ASCII or ATASCII)

If you're on a PC use SyncTerm or AT_Telnet

If you're on an Atari use Bobterm 1.23

I see you were on my BBS today.  I have validated you.

How else can I help?  You need Bobterm?

thanks. that helped and thanks for the validation. I have not investigated other terminal programs yet. I just started with mr atari's terminal because its tiny :) and comes with a rverter driver.

i am connecting to the bbs mostly testing only. using a stock 600xl and a sio2arduino type interface. I will look around for a different terminal. 

regards

prysm1

I now have an Atari BBS running, I am running Forem 26 on my 1 Meg 800xl with a Fujinet ,, I will be working on it tonight , it will be online after midnight as I use the Atari up until then. I also have a BBS with lots of Atari files running at telnet christfollowersbbs.ca port 23, and the Atari BBS is at telnet christfollowersbbs.ca at telnet 1985, I chose 1985 as the port number because that's when I first got an Atari , was an Atari 800 and an 810 disk drive with the archiver chip installed in it.   Russ

3 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

I now have an Atari BBS running, I am running Forem 26 on my 1 Meg 800xl with a Fujinet ,, I will be working on it tonight , it will be online after midnight as I use the Atari up until then. I also have a BBS with lots of Atari files running at telnet christfollowersbbs.ca port 23, and the Atari BBS is at telnet christfollowersbbs.ca at telnet 1985, I chose 1985 as the port number because that's when I first got an Atari , was an Atari 800 and an 810 disk drive with the archiver chip installed in it.   Russ

Looks like it's working as well as FoReM XE Pro 6.0 did.  As in, it doesn't even answer. ?

Come on Russ, I thought you learned your lesson in that FoReM XE Pro 6.0 thread. How do you expect anyone to ever believe you when you post vaporware?

-JP

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, JohnPolka said:

Looks like it's working as well as FoReM XE Pro 6.0 did.  As in, it doesn't even answer. ?

Come on Russ, I thought you learned your lesson in that FoReM XE Pro 6.0 thread. How do you expect anyone to ever believe you when you post vaporware?

-JP

Well, the constant threads and reactions to them actually provide more entertainment than many BBSes so there's that :)

37 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Well, the constant threads and reactions to them actually provide more entertainment than many BBSes so there's that :)

In case you haven't seen it yet, we moved our "BBS Life" memes to a new site:

https://southernamis.wixsite.com/website/forum/general-discussions/bbs-life

?

-JP

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JohnPolka said:

In case you haven't seen it yet, we moved our "BBS Life" memes to a new site:

https://southernamis.wixsite.com/website/forum/general-discussions/bbs-life

?

-JP

I saw mention of this.  I am actually setting up a fresh new OS install on my office laptop.  I called Darkforce for 1st time in 4 months, I have Eclipse + WUDSN building VBXE code examples, and I am fighting with Altirra to get my profiles set up.  It's going to be an all Atari day :)  I am also hoping to setup accounts on a few new BBSes and therefore update my Ice-T dialing list (this is only ever done on real hardware - 1088XLD + VBXE + Sony PVM).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I saw mention of this.  I am actually setting up a fresh new OS install on my office laptop.  I called Darkforce for 1st time in 4 months, I have Eclipse + WUDSN building VBXE code examples, and I am fighting with Altirra to get my profiles set up.  It's going to be an all Atari day :)  I am also hoping to setup accounts on a few new BBSes and therefore update my Ice-T dialing list (this is only ever done on real hardware - 1088XLD + VBXE + Sony PVM).

It'd be nice to see you around again!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JohnPolka said:

-JP

It should be working , I have a working copy of it and it has been online all last night and today,, have not touched it in 24 hours I will try it

20 minutes ago, rcamp48 said:

It should be working , I have a working copy of it and it has been online all last night and today,, have not touched it in 24 hours I will try it

It has been up and running , maybe there was a glitch over night but I reset it and it should be good now, russ

telnet://christfollowersbbs.ca:1985

Edited by rcamp48
adding BBS URL

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All!!!! Well as an very old sysop from back in the 80's I am trying to reinvent the old BBS called The Rabitt Hole... In the 805 area code back then...I have been finding and restoring the BBS from boxes from the 80's and 3-4 moves.. I got the original 800XL with a 256k memory upgrade.. The ATR-8000 that ran the 4 floppy drives and the 850 and modems for the phone lines... So much stuff to figure out how it went together...Also have 7 floppy drives 4 1050, 1 Ran, 1 Indus, 1 810

My question is I think I found the back up floppies 5.25" and they where backed up with "H____back" (hard back?) and I found some with Fastback... Does anyone have the two programs???

I could use to restore the 32 floppies I found and the 5-10 other ones...

Thanks

Peter

Edited by Peter Rabitt
edit

14 hours ago, Peter Rabitt said:

My question is I think I found the back up floppies 5.25" and they where backed up with "H____back" (hard back?) and I found some with Fastback... Does anyone have the two programs???

I could use to restore the 32 floppies I found and the 5-10 other ones...

Check your PM.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, thanks to Amis, I now have a good working copy of Forem XE Professional. Now that this part is out of the way , I am going to take the Atari 8 Bit Tosec library and convert it into Forem XE data content that follows the structure for Forem XE Professional, I am actually going to use DIR2ATR to create several 16.7 MB atrs that will serve as data containers to be used with Forem XE Pro.

This will take a lot of work as Tosec is sorta semi organized, I intend the use the A,B,C,D,E,F , etc directory structure up to I believe M, subdirectories will be apps, basic, comms, demos, games, graphics, language, music, program, utility and any other suggestion of a good category.

The hard part will be taking the Tosec list and dividing it all up into separate atrs that will match the category, but once that is done I will release it here and on Facebook for all sysops to use if they choose to use Forem XE Professional.

I will be using Total commander to create , sort, and copy all of the directories, and the use a special command with dir2atr to make up the 16.7 meg atrs. Of course inside these atrs will be more atrs, the newest dir2atr shortens long filenames so I don't have to worry about that.

Here is the part for you AMIS, can you take ForemXE PRO and extend the 20 directory limit to handle 26 directories per drive? That will be needed as my directory structure will eventually be from A-Z, I could do it but you are more familiar with Forem XE Pro than I am.

Give me 1 day and I will have something ready for all Forem XE Pro sysops.

Russ

Just to confirm, I’m not part of this project. My project to restore FoReM XE pro ended weeks ago with the successful restoration and deployment of the BBS. One ATR, one drive, 6 directories, simple, stable, and complete. On to the next restoration for NiteLite. Good luck with all your retro projects. 

• Like 2