IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

Yay! www.noip.com has resolved my URL hostnames for my two BBS'es. Whew!

Access is restored through these URL's:

YYZ BBS: yyzbbs.no-ip.org (port 23)

8-Bit Guild BBS: 8bitguild.no-ip.org (port 10001)

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

No-IP's official statement of all host name URL's returned from Microsoft's seizure:

http://www.noip.com/blog/2014/07/10/microsoft-takedown-details-updates/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=notice&utm_campaign=microsoft-takedown-update

And people wonder why I'm so Anti Microslop, and have been since day -1-.

The arrogance alone....

I went through all 454 messages and didn't see an answer to my question so here goes:

Is there a term program for iOS that can do atascii? Also, is there one for the Mac as well? I have syncterm for Mac but when I try to connect via atascii it tells me I am logging in as ANSI.

Any help appreciated.

They way I got around this to use ATASCII on my Mac was to install Wine for Mac, then install ATS 2.0 terminal from www.atarimax.com within Wine on the Mac. Works great!

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

They way I got around this to use ATASCII on my Mac was to install Wine for Mac, then install ATS 2.0 terminal from www.atarimax.com within Wine on the Mac. Works great!

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

Thanks. Did that and it worked. I had a parallels vim installed. (No clue why, this is the first time I really found a use for it)

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

So I spent all this time trying to get the BBS running at the place I'll be staying till around the end of the month only to find that it was working the whole time. The only difference is that on my router, going to the domain name from inside works just fine, and on their router the forwarding only works if the connection comes from the OUTSIDE! So until I decided on a whim to try it with my phone........

At any rate, I'm up again. I'll be doing a lot of work on the BBS (got some time on my hands so I'm going to work on the stuff I put off forever). So if anyone has any suggestions of things they want to see or need fixed....

Telnet to bbs.sfhqbbs.org (port 23)

I recommend the use of ANSI. I never really got around to doing a lot with the VT52 since back in the day there weren't really any other Atari ST users, and the few that there were all used ANSITerm.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the latest version of ICE-T Terminal program and where is a most current download link I can get it from?

Thanks,

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

I believe it is 2.80 beta 6. I will try to find the link, I think it's in a thread here.

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed the BBS had a bit of a crash last night and just started trying to track it down. Looks like a file may have been corrupted. If you happened to be on it at the time and can send me a message telling me what you were doing or what section you were in that might help me track it down faster.

Otherwise, just an FYI to let people know SFHQ will be down until I sort it out.

For those who haven't seen yet, I am in the process of writing BBS software in CC65, targeting expanded A8 machines, with SDX, and an Ultimate1MB and SIDE 2:

Thread is here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/228134-new-atari-bbs-software/

You can connect to whatever build is running, here:

telnet: 96.226.245.101 port 9001

-Thom

• 3 weeks later...

Every 1050 sounds different!

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

Haha! I was just being random with this statement! I was listening to my Atari 1050 disk drives (3 of them) that host my 8-Bit Guild BBS on telnet. When booting up the board and loading up the message bases, each of the three 1050's have their own unique 'grinding' sound when the reader head gets busy. Between the grinding noise of the Tandon and data bits dinging through the speaker as files load up, who can deny these original sounds of the Atari 8-bit? Ahhhh, retro computing in a modern world ROCKS!

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-