(to) shadow.skeleton.org
Trying 108.162.190.48...
Connected to retro.kicks-ass.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
Password:

Login incorrect
kronos login: bbs
Password:
Last login: Sat Dec 31 01:07:34 EST 2016 from 99-88-171-56.lightspeed.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net on pts/60

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Connecting to emulator.. (Ctrl-C if no response!)

Looks like emulator and/or BBS are down.
Couldn't connect to TOSEMU (2): Connection refused
Connection closed by foreign host.

Yep got it to work. IRC Chat 400 version is great for the simple term programs. (like the one on the Intellivision which is just vt100 barely.) The 800 port is for more advanced terminal programs. (Full Ansi, etc).

*** - (https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/) and the other
*** - organisations that help keep freenode and our other projects
*** - running for their sustained support.
*** -
*** - In particular we would like to thank the sponsor
*** - of this server, details of which can be found above.
*** -
*** Mode change "+i" for user DrClu2 by DrClu2
Hi W1K
*** DrClu2 (~nobody@bx1.slor.net) has joined channel ##Atari
*** Topic for ##Atari: Support your local Slor: http://urql.com/atarinet| Welcome to ##Atari! Other methods of entry at telnet://irc.atarinet.com:800 and http://urql.com/atari@irc | Life is GREAT! | Happy hatch day, JoeZ...
*** ##Atari sloopy!~sloopy@unaffiliated/sloopy 1472559915
-ChanServ- [##Atari] Welcome to ##Atari! Other methods of entry at telnet://irc.atarinet.com:800 and http://urql.com/atari@irc
*** ##Atari 1307084564
Hello.
> Hello.
*** Clu_ (~Clu@2602:306:358a:b380:7cd4:a4da:9a1d:f75d) has joined channel ##Atari
*** Clu_ is now known as DrClu
<DrClu> Hey there.

Edited by doctorclu

Attached is the Atari BBS List for 2017 as of today (December 31, 2016).

I've sent a copy to the Vintage Computer BBS List, and will also post on BBS Mates.

Happy New Year everyone!

Just a minor thing, but it's STar Fleet HQ (well, Headquarters is fine, but the ST in STar.... Atari homage).

And it still says "Last reported up August 8, 2014" in the notes....

But other than that, thank you for all you've done!

Edited by Tillek

Maybe it's just me but that list seems really short... Kinda bums me out... :(

PS Thanks for maintaining the list Greg, much appreciated.

Quality over quantity. :D We got some good BBSs and I figure we need more users before we need more sysops. (Why I have not started my own BBS).

I see this was mentioned back in September, so here's a bump/update for SIMNET

http://www.uuhec.net/simnet/

Basically, it's an initiative to create dial-up numbers around the world that provide access to telnet BBSes for old-school modem users to call in! There are three US dial-in numbers - I wasn't able to connect to the Buffalo number yesterday, but I've been using the Oklahoma City number.

Here's another link with more info:

https://fidonet.ozzmosis.com/echomail.php/bbs_carnival/b404aaa04112384b.html

So dial up one of the simnet access numbers, and select one of the registered telnet BBSes -- I've logged onto Particles! BBS a few times, and it's pretty sweet.

Are any of the Atari BBSes registered with SIMNET? I think it's straightforward to register, but if there's no info others can share about registering, please share here.

EDIT: OK, if there was an embarrassed face, I would use it -- here's the closest one: :-o

Prison BBS has you covered! I will be trying to call in shortly...!

DOUBLE EDIT: Is the Prison BBS dial-in number still active? It's not working for me....

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me but that list seems really short... Kinda bums me out... :(

PS Thanks for maintaining the list Greg, much appreciated.

Looks like we missed one.

ToXiC NiPPLE BBS

bbs.retrohack.se:9001

Looks like it's just starting up so hopefully they'll get some attention.

Checked that BBS out.

And they also mention a "Bad Taste BBS" but so far no connection there.

T H E O N E A N D O N L Y
_____ _____ ____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
| __ | _ | \ |_ _| _ | __|_ _| __|
| __ -| | | | | | | |__ | | | | __|
|_____|__|__|____/ |_| |__|__|_____| |_| |_____|

_____ _____ _____
100% REAL Atari BBS | __ | __ | __|
telnet://bbs.retrohack.se:9090 | __ -| __ -|__ |
|_____|_____|_____|

Great news - thanks for taking the time and effort to do it! I suspect that dial-in users are a minority, but as one of those folks, I really appreciate the chance to call in using my classic equipment.

Yeah, I was planning on applying awhile back, but I was also hoping to be able to contribute as a dial in number for them at the same time (because I wanted to fully contribute and because they would solve my problem of having to write software make a custom Telnet/Modem solution).... but since I haven't had time to set that up yet.....

I know the MagicJack plus works with modems because my Fidonet NC used it.. but that's not available anymore... anyone know how the MagicJack Go works with modems?

Prison BBS has you covered! I will be trying to call in shortly...!

DOUBLE EDIT: Is the Prison BBS dial-in number still active? It's not working for me....

(sigh) I'm afraid the Prison Board finally got rid of their dial in number last year. Time marches on. :/

Just a quick update on the STar Fleet HQ "Update" (since I'm heading to work, more later).

Things were bad trying to set up the CosmosEX... bad to the point where I thought I lost not only both of the BBS Hard drives and the "spare" replacement external HD I got for my TT.

However, I moved everything over to the TT and was able to get it working with the CosmosEX and the main BBS drive seems to be ok for sure. The boot drive I'm not 100% sure about as it first didn't detect it, but then on the second reboot, detected it just fine.

I am still in the process of doing the last of the backups on it (full entire backups of 2.5gb) and had to go to bed. It still seems to be going ok this morning so when I get home I'll back up the last partition and get back to the updates.

Assuming that there is nothing wrong with the Mega STE and that the system just really didn't like the CosmosEX being on the SCSI chain with the drives on the ICD Link2, I should have it up with at least some of the improvements later in the evening and will have the BBS back up for business before I call it a night. (I'll finish the other major stuff next weekend).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...