IGNORED

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

svenski

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who hasn't added the IRC gateway to your BBS list, please feel free to:

For VT100 emulation (if you're using and Atari with Ice-T or other VT100-capable terminal), telnet to irc.atarichat.net, port 800.

For ASCII dumb terminal, telnet to irc.atarichat.net, port 400.

Thanks!

Oh that is awesome! Can't wait to try that out in Bobterm.

So far I can only get the ASCII version working via APE.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE for YYZ BBS 6/15/12:

(ASCII MODE Callers)

If you are calling my BBS in ASCII mode, you can use Window XP's 'HyperTerminal' program and change 2 settings in it that makes it work perfectly with all the menus on the BBS. In HyperTerminal settings, select VT100 as the 'Terminal Emulation' and in the ASCII Setup tab under 'ASCII Receiving', tick the box that says 'Append line feeds to incoming line ends'. When you log onto the board with these settings, just push 'Return' at the first prompt, then select 'N' for no line feeds since HyperTermnal will supply the line feeds automatically. You will discover that everything functions normal in ASCII mode on my board with HyperTerminal's settings this way.

Of course, for the better effect, log on in ATASCII mode to the board for the custom title screens and menus! Atari terminal ATS2.0 for PC or any Atari 8-Bit terminal programs with ATASCII mode work just fine with this BBS.

telnet: yyzbbs.no-ip.org

-=[Lord Cygnus]=-

(SysOp)

Edited by Lord Cygnus

I cannot get BobTerm to work with my current APE setup. It drops characters, regardless of what I have the baud rate set at. Sort of sucks, because I cannot view any ATASCII screens on the real machine. Maybe I will have better luck with my Lantronix box.

I cannot get BobTerm to work with my current APE setup. It drops characters, regardless of what I have the baud rate set at. Sort of sucks, because I cannot view any ATASCII screens on the real machine. Maybe I will have better luck with my Lantronix box.

Had the same problem... there is a fix which involves another version of BobTerm. Will get mine for you today or tomorrow.

Mine is BOBT122.ARC and I tested it. it's OK - no dropped chars thru APE to my BBS.

It will be tomorrow before I can transfer the file as I am getting ready to go out for the day.

Edited by bf2k+
  • Like 1

Guys, I'm getting kinda worried about Greg (Doc Clu). Anyone heard from him lately? I know he's

doing that overseas stuff - just haven't seen any posts from him in a while and he's not logged on

to my BBS lately either.

Hope he didn't take a wrong turn somewhere. :)

Guys, I'm getting kinda worried about Greg (Doc Clu). Anyone heard from him lately? I know he's

doing that overseas stuff - just haven't seen any posts from him in a while and he's not logged on

to my BBS lately either.

Heheh... I know I need to get on more often. :) They had the telnet ports blocked over here for a while, and then they let up on that, and now this 118 degree heat is just wiping me out by the time I get off work.

Sorry it's been a bit, was just thinking I need to visit my Atari BBSs. :)

• Like 2

Heheh... I know I need to get on more often. :) They had the telnet ports blocked over here for a while, and then they let up on that, and now this 118 degree heat is just wiping me out by the time I get off work.

Hey Greg! Wow, glad to hear from you and that everything (aside from

heat, that is) is alright. :)

• Like 1

Had the same problem... there is a fix which involves another version of BobTerm. Will get mine for you today or tomorrow.

Mine is BOBT122.ARC and I tested it. it's OK - no dropped chars thru APE to my BBS.

It will be tomorrow before I can transfer the file as I am getting ready to go out for the day.

Thanks - I'll check it out when I get some time.

to my BBS lately either.

Glad to see you! 118 sounds pretty bad, I guess I will stop whining when it gets into the 90s over here.

• Like 1

Glad to see you! 118 sounds pretty bad, I guess I will stop whining when it gets into the 90s over here.

Hehehe, wonder if its a "dry heat" though? I used to live in Arizona and it would get 120 in the shade,

but it was still a lot more comfortable than here in Kentucky, where we get many days with 90 deg.

weather, plus very high humidity.

how do i use the telnet? I know its under the command prompt. i type in a telnet address and it won't take, i have to be typing in the wrong command,please help thank you Frank.

Is this under Windows? For my bbs, you'd type in:

telnet darkforce-bbs.dyndns.org

HTHs.

telnet bbs.inspiration-soft.com

should work. Except when someone is online here... then nothing happens... unfortunately my Internet -> Atari adapter (Lantronix) does not send a 'busy' message txt.

Hmm, I think mine actually says "connection refused" when someone else is on there.

i still can't get into the telnet.getting:not recognized as an internal or external command, i running windows 7,i was using telnet on my other computer with windows xp home a couple years ago..

:am i typing this in wrong?......telnet://bbs.inspiration-soft.com

c:\users\user> (this is what my prompt looks like)

Ah, on Windows 7 I think telnet is disabled in the command prompt.

I think you can do this:

1. Start

2. Control Panel

3. Programs And Features

4. Turn Windows features on or off

5. Check Telnet Client

6. Hit OK

After that you can start Telnet via Command Prompt, I reckon.