Jump to content
svenski

Atari 8-bit related BBS(s)

Recommended Posts

On 9/13/2019 at 4:10 PM, Tillek said:

SFHQ is back up.  If you wanted to test with telnet, the port is 5983 like it is on the list. I also have a raw port set at 5431 (same url).  Lots of protocols to choose from.

 

 

Tried this afternoon.  Not able to logon.

 

Got request to enter ESC key to energize, but neither the return key or ESC key seemed to be recognized.  Got this cryptic message three times and was booted.

 

**EMSI_REQA77E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JohnPolka said:

The Basement and Part-Time BBSs have files for download too (see my signature for telnet addresses).

 

Incidentally, some of the BBSs use telnet protocol (I believe SFHQ and Boot Factory use telnet mode) and others (such as the Basement, Part-Time, and the Resistance) use raw mode. So, it probably would be good to try file transfers on a variety of BBSs.

 

You probably should also test uploading too.

 

-JP
 

Logged on to both and apparently don't have a high enough security level to browse files.  Was going to test uploading and downloading, but if I'm reading the menu screen right I have to be in the Browse section to do so. 😟

 

Would you be willing to increase my security level?  Username is Dropcheck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dropcheck said:

Tried this afternoon.  Not able to logon.

 

Got request to enter ESC key to energize, but neither the return key or ESC key seemed to be recognized.  Got this cryptic message three times and was booted.

 

**EMSI_REQA77E

That's the fidonet mailer.  If you hit ESC it should go to the BBS... if you hit return, it tries to connect as a mailer.

Wonder if you were the one that I saw that tried to connect, and then when the mailer timed out, I saw someone try to connect again by seeing RING for the username at the login a few times.

 

If it doesn't like the ESC for some reason, you could also just wait a few seconds for the timeout.  But out of curiosity, what software were you trying to connect with?

Also, were you using telnet? (5983) or raw (5431)?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tillek said:

That's the fidonet mailer.  If you hit ESC it should go to the BBS... if you hit return, it tries to connect as a mailer.

Wonder if you were the one that I saw that tried to connect, and then when the mailer timed out, I saw someone try to connect again by seeing RING for the username at the login a few times.

 

If it doesn't like the ESC for some reason, you could also just wait a few seconds for the timeout.  But out of curiosity, what software were you trying to connect with?

Also, were you using telnet? (5983) or raw (5431)?

 

Probably was me.  🙂

 

I'm using BobTerm1.21 with the Rverter handler loaded.  I was trying to connect using the IP address/5983

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dropcheck said:

Logged on to both and apparently don't have a high enough security level to browse files.  Was going to test uploading and downloading, but if I'm reading the menu screen right I have to be in the Browse section to do so. 😟

 

Would you be willing to increase my security level?  Username is Dropcheck

I sent you an email earlier...you now have access to both BBSs.

 

-JP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JohnPolka said:

I sent you an email earlier...you now have access to both BBSs.

 

-JP

Thank you.  🙂

 

I connected to the parttime bbs.

 

I was able to initiate a Y-Modem-batch session and the first file did make it.  However I ran out of disk space for the second and aborted. 

 

I was not however able to upload a text file.  Not sure if it was at my end or not.  Are you seeing any error indications at your end?

Edited by Dropcheck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2019 at 1:26 PM, Dropcheck said:

Thank you.  🙂

 

I connected to the parttime bbs.

 

I was able to initiate a Y-Modem-batch session and the first file did make it.  However I ran out of disk space for the second and aborted. 

 

I was not however able to upload a text file.  Not sure if it was at my end or not.  Are you seeing any error indications at your end?

 

Part-Time uses raw mode instead of telnet mode for Internet connections. I suspect you might be using telnet mode. That may explain why you can't upload to Part-Time.

 

-JP

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 12:26 PM, _The Doctor__ said:

 

The idea's good, but it appears as though they may only support 2G GSM:

 

https://www.usriot.com/products/rs232-gsm-modem.html

 

Unless proof to the contrary can be found, I'd suggest giving these a miss.  2G and 3G GSM is in various phases of being shut down worldwide, so this is a device with a limited lifespan dependent on the plans of the cellular carriers in the territory it would be used in.

Edited by x=usr(1536)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does anyone log into Hawaii BBS??? I have tried.. I get in.. I create an account.. log off.. try and log in again.. no go.

 

Anyone??

 

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Hawaii, is an Oasis 4.7 BBS - some super cool features and functions. I figured out why I kept loosing my info.

 

I have my account now.. I have asked the SYSop if he would be willing to share the bbs software with others.. as far as I am aware there is no copy of Oasis 4.... anything in any archive. His seems to be running very well.. smooth and attractive in Atasci.  So its important to have it saved.

 

Anyway.. hope some more people call.. love to discuss on the board or here.. what you think about it.

 

James

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So today doing my rounds

 

Basement - down

Part-time - down

Vet Guild - down

 

Tried several times, hope all is well, I remember Tillek saying he lost a drive on Veg Guild, not sure why the other two are down.. had tried friday as well.- John?

 

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 4:13 PM, Bikerbob said:

So today doing my rounds

 

Basement - down

Part-time - down

Vet Guild - down

 

Tried several times, hope all is well, I remember Tillek saying he lost a drive on Veg Guild, not sure why the other two are down.. had tried friday as well.- John?

 

James

Just FYI... Did get the new drive, just trying to toss some improvements in before restoring the image (and maybe one more last ditch attempt at a "right before crashing" backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 1:13 PM, Bikerbob said:

So today doing my rounds

 

Basement - down

Part-time - down

Vet Guild - down

 

Tried several times, hope all is well, I remember Tillek saying he lost a drive on Veg Guild, not sure why the other two are down.. had tried friday as well.- John?

 

James

I noticed the problem this morning. Basement and Part-time are back up. I reset my router the other day but forgot to reset the port forwarding. I've been fighting a bad cold the last few days which is why this went unnoticed for a few days.

 

-JP

 

Edited by JohnPolka
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bikerbob said:

Veg Guild - LMAO I kill myself.  Sorry Tillek.. Thats what happens when the Veterns get too old.

 

James

 

 

Eh?  Wha was that sonny?  I can't hear so well at my old age.... Damn dragons roar way too loud in those caves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JohnPolka said:

I noticed the problem this morning. Basement and Part-time are back up. I reset my router the other day but forgot to reset the port forwarding. I've been fighting a bad cold the last few days which is why this went unnoticed for a few days.

 

-JP

 

Hope you're feeling better......

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just posted on the Atari BBS club in the SysOp section about some improvements/features for the BBS list.  Hope you find them useful.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2019 at 4:05 PM, Bikerbob said:

So Hawaii, is an Oasis 4.7 BBS - some super cool features and functions. I figured out why I kept loosing my info.

 

I have my account now.. I have asked the SYSop if he would be willing to share the bbs software with others.. as far as I am aware there is no copy of Oasis 4.... anything in any archive. His seems to be running very well.. smooth and attractive in Atasci.  So its important to have it saved.

 

Anyway.. hope some more people call.. love to discuss on the board or here.. what you think about it.

 

James

 

 

posted it up on mousenet!!

 

James

 

Edited by Bikerbob
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note.... took SFHQ down today since it seemed I was getting spammed... I'll get it back up tonight but I had to go to work and didn't have time to dig into it and didn't want to leave it running like that.  Not that anyone would be likely to get on with it constantly getting hang up calls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bikerbob said:

seems a few boards are down at the moment. :(

 

James

Well, the attack continues from a new IP so....  we'll see.  Anyone else getting a ton of activity on their BBS ports in their firewall logs?

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bikerbob said:

that sucks.. wish people have something better to do.

 

James

 

lol.. I keep wanting to finish with /s

 

 

I do that too.  In fact, I think I'm just going to start doing it.... confuse the FaceBook crowd.

/s

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...