IGNORED

The Dutch High-Tech Team reunion

MY name is Stormtrooper of Death, my real name is richard. I was a member of the famous Dutch High-Tech Team in the 80s and 90s. Some Atarians remember the Big Demo. I did not work on the Big Demo, but on the Platinum Demo, that was never released.

I became a member of the HTT, Because i invented the cruncher logic (simple RAR archiver zero crunching, then symbolic crunching technique).

Anyhow, The Dutch High Tech Team (HTT). If anybody knows other members, please contact. MAybe we can organise a reunion. who knows.

MY name is Stormtrooper of Death, my real name is richard. I was a member of the famous Dutch High-Tech Team in the 80s and 90s. Some Atarians remember the Big Demo. I did not work on the Big Demo, but on the Platinum Demo, that was never released.

I became a member of the HTT, Because i invented the cruncher logic (simple RAR archiver zero crunching, then symbolic crunching technique).

Anyhow, The Dutch High Tech Team (HTT). If anybody knows other members, please contact. MAybe we can organise a reunion. who knows.

I remember the The Big Demo, still one of the best demos ever written for the 8-bit!

Try Freddy ... <CENSORED BY MODERATOR> ... not sure he uses that address anymore, but that's the last I got anyway

MODERATOR: PM this person for contact info, he does not want his email address posted.

Some Atarians remember the Big Demo.

Most impressive demo at its time. Afaik, this demo featured the first real-time sinus scroller made on Atari 8-bit (plus some other nice things I cannot remember yet :sad: ).

Very nice stuff :thumbsup:

All the best for your reunion!

Yeah HTT!!!

Demo I like most is Little Color Demo. (Dedicated to Lord of Darkness).

About Platinum demo: in the Game "Simple Minds" there is also a picture of Frankenstein. The coder(s) of the game wrote at each picture some teasing lines about the person on the pic. Hehe on the Frankenstein picture there are some lines about his NEVER RELEASED platinum demo.

I've heard btw. that the reason for non-releasing was that someone leaked the sources of the demo? Is that true?

Man... this sounds cool... gossip and rumours in the Atari 80/90's scene :D

Marius

Yeah HTT!!!

Demo I like most is Little Color Demo. (Dedicated to Lord of Darkness).

About Platinum demo: in the Game "Simple Minds" there is also a picture of Frankenstein. The coder(s) of the game wrote at each picture some teasing lines about the person on the pic. Hehe on the Frankenstein picture there are some lines about his NEVER RELEASED platinum demo.

I've heard btw. that the reason for non-releasing was that someone leaked the sources of the demo? Is that true?

Man... this sounds cool... gossip and rumours in the Atari 80/90's scene :D

Marius

The Platinum demo, thats a long time ago. I cant remember a lot of that period.

Yeah, it could be that some parts were indeed leaked, but also the lack of progress was hard for some members of the HTT, including me. In the meantime of developing the Platinum demo, i made my own sub-group, called The Corporation. We made one 2 disk demo, called "The Phantasy demo". Its a nice demo with 5 digital songs (mostly from the AMIGA) and some special FX. The Platinum demo was work in progress and the HTT already had some nice parts almost ready.

I myselve quit the HTT and continued to collaborate with some minor demo groups like The Corporation and some small teams.

In the year 1995 or so, i sold my whole Atari 8bit system. Never bought an Atari again. Nowadays i use an Atari 8-bit emulator on my laptop with a lot of disk images to play some old games.

Hi Richard, I'm happy you appeared on AtariAge forum! Just to remind everyone that I interviewed you in August:

http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1283042198&archive=&start_from=0&ucat=5&ct=wywiady&amp%3Bsub=Z&amp%3Btg=%27

You should read it (yes, I know that Google translation is not perfect), especially about MS-DOS emulator working on stock Atari :).

I have Freddy in my Facebook friends list. I guess that's the easiest way to get a hold of him at the moment, although he hasn't posted anything since November 28th. I think his chello mail still works, although he uses gmail with facebook. I've sent him a PM there with the link to this topic. Maybe he'll show up?

wasn't the HTT behind the hobbytronic demo and the big demo from page 6

I also seem to remember that HTT did a hacked version of supermon (an omnimon variant), I used to have it before my v. old HD died

You mean this?

Supermon HTT.zip

Edited by Alphasys

Hi all!

I can not confirm 'leaked' source code from the 'Platinum'.

As why it was never released it was mostly because we had other things to do (hehe).

At the time I was busy with 'MegaZine' and did a few demo's together with 'Prizm'.

The 'peak' of the HTT was the release of the 'Big Demo' and all the reactions we got on that demo.

Nice memories....

Regards,

Freddy.

(was: Frankenstein)

Hi Richard. Nice to meet you again after all these years! :-D

I don't remember your contribution to the Platinum. What was it?

The cruncher I remember! It crashed and never got it working! LOL

Regards,

Freddy.

Hi Richard. Nice to meet you again after all these years! :-D

I don't remember your contribution to the Platinum. What was it?

The cruncher I remember! It crashed and never got it working! LOL

Regards,

Freddy.

Hello mr Offenga, nice to see you in these parts

Any reason why you didn't continue with the Megazine...i think I have all 7 issues

Hello mr Offenga, nice to see you in these parts

Any reason why you didn't continue with the Megazine...i think I have all 7 issues

Hi,

There was a lack of contributions (articles) for MegaZine. This was a problem since the beginning.

I've released the final one (#8) quite some years ago. It contains mainly articles from my dear friend 'BeWeSoft' and myself.

It's in the public domain, but you can still get the 'real' thing here:

http://www.smartcms.nl/cms2/sites/1038/index.php?idx=577&id=4708&aktie=details&groep_id=124

Regards,

Freddy.

Once... Years ago... When I still lived with my parents, and I still had working and ready real hardware... I spent a whole night reading the Big Demo... All of it... And I was sure my monitor would hurl itself off my desk at any time. It was a dizzying experience, and I don't remember half a word of it... But I remember the experience... Whoah... Trippy.

Did you not come to the AMS show in stafford Freddy, think i bought a complete set of MegaZines there (along with the set i already had) I think you were showing or selling a blackbox pbi thing on your stand

Did you also do the dutch 'Pokey' disk magazines

I've been at the AMS indeed. Don't remember I brought my Black Box, although I do own one (still have it somewhere).

No, I didn't make Pokey Magazine. It was made by the Dutch Pokey Foundation/ANG Software.

MegaZine was also distributed/sold by ANG Software.

Did you not come to the AMS show in stafford Freddy, think i bought a complete set of MegaZines there (along with the set i already had) I think you were showing or selling a blackbox pbi thing on your stand

I've been at the AMS indeed. Don't remember I brought my Black Box, although I do own one (still have it somewhere).

No, I didn't make Pokey Magazine. It was made by the Dutch Pokey Foundation/ANG Software.

Quite a little Dutch reunion going on here ;-) I was already wondering why I got some orders for the last issue Megazine number 8 the last few days. Freddy you still get some money from me for the last issues sold ;-) It is not much LOL

And Carmel, I was involved in the Dutch Pokey Magazines.

Edited by Fred_M

Quite a little Dutch reunion going on here ;-) I was already wondering why I got some orders for the last issue Megazine number 8 the last few days. Freddy you still get some money from me for the last issues sold ;-) It is not much LOL

And Carmel, I was involved in the Dutch Pokey Magazines.

I guess that you must be the famous Fred Meijer (i think thats how it's spelt), nice to see you round these parts Fred

Fred M....Thats the problem with you people on the continent....You're too modest

I were'nt talking like Big Brother/reality telly famous, more Atari famous (i.e having 000's for atari fan's seeing your name up in lights on the computer/telly screen while they are reading their pokey disk-zine)

Fred M....Thats the problem with you people on the continent....You're too modest

I were'nt talking like Big Brother/reality telly famous, more Atari famous (i.e having 000's for atari fan's seeing your name up in lights on the computer/telly screen while they are reading their pokey disk-zine)

Well the Atari time was a lot of fun. Together with John (Maris) I published dozens of Pokey's Magazines. Working late to lay-out every article (the last 12 issues were magazines on paper), copy everything at a local copy shop. Writing manuals for ANG Software titles, going to many European events selling Pokey and ANG Software titles and also write for various magazines. When I meet with John we often speak about the many terrible and fantastic things we encountered those days (ofcourse with a nice drink). It was a great time! Now I am only running a small webshop with ofcourse a lot of 8-bit titles ;-)

But back to Richards question. Only Freddy has replied to Richards proposal, I do not know if any other members of the famous High Tech Team are on this forum...

Edited by Fred_M