IGNORED

Hotdog Available Now - New Platformer / Mascot Game

Willard

Beta Phase Games is happy to announce the release of Hotdog for the Lynx!

Hotdog was being developed by Lore Design from 1993 to 1995 and was eventually cancelled when Atari began to lose interest in the Lynx. The version being made available is a fully playable 8 level demo that was sent to Purple Hampton for evaluation. Hotdog features:

+5 distinct worlds (cheese, aqua, ice, palm, factory), each with their own unique enemies and hazards.

+8 complete levels, plus a boss encounter

+Many alternate routes, hidden areas and a secret level to explore!

+A variety of collectable items and power-ups

+Impressive graphics with vibrant colors and multiple layers of scrolling

The first batch of 75 copies is being produced on custom blue PLCC boards. More information can be found at betaphasegames.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS:

Hotdog costs $35 + S&H. S&H is $4 in the USA and $5 worldwide.

For a combined shipping total please visit betaphasegames.com and refer to the "Order Details" grid on the official game page.

You may either paypal segatari@yahoo.com directly,

-or- you may first email TeamJaguarOrders@yahoo.com if you would like order confirmation first

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE CREDITS:

Paul Johnson- Art, design, level scripting and permission to distribute

Steve Mitchell- High level macro code, permission to distribute

Tim Harper- Music and Sound FX

Willard- Released by, packaging and printing

Buddybuddies- Released by

Lynxman- PCB Design and Soldering

Sage- Beta Phase Games Logo Replacement

Special thanks to Thunderbird for coordinating extra soldering in case there is additional demand

*Distributed by Beta Phase Games LLC Under Exclusive Worldwide License

New youtube videos and screenshots can be found below!

"LYNX RULES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P65q9CndTkc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJD61Egqz0Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs4XeOclmG8

post-3404-129432226059_thumb.jpg

post-3404-129432226664_thumb.jpg

Edited by Willard

Glad to hear they are arriving already, def. post your thoughts when you get a chance to try them out :)

Everyone who paid through the 10th have now had their packages shipped out and Paypal tracking updated, will finish those that paid on the 11th or after by the end of the week.

@Eric, the orignal arcade game used the voice of Jack Buck. It seems like they used the same voice on the Lynx version (although it seems to be downsampled a little), but this is just based on memory from the few minutes I played of the arcade version. The back of our Lynx packaging mentions him.

I do live in michigan & coincidentally there were a disproportionate (ly large) number of michigan buyers :)

Edited by Willard

Are these easy to remove from the Lynx? Is there a latch or hole to grab when pulling it out?

No hole or latch, just flat pcb board. I havent tried them yet, I have to dig out my Lynx

Ok found my Lynx, but no batteries. But I plugged in Hot Dog and had no problem getting it in and out. also tried Poker and Relief pitcher, have to be a little more careful with these two since there is a chip across the back of the pcb. but other than that no problem getting them in and out.

I got my Hotdog and Relief Pitcher today. Packaging looks great, and the games worked well. Only played about 20 mins of each but I didnt encounter any bugs or anything for the short while I did play..

The games are actually very easy to remove with out damaging the pcb, at least on my Lynx II

I got my Hotdog and Relief Pitcher today. Packaging looks great, and the games worked well. Only played about 20 mins of each but I didnt encounter any bugs or anything for the short while I did play..

The games are actually very easy to remove with out damaging the pcb, at least on my Lynx II

Hi busterm! I just would like to ask you that what do you think about the Hot Dog. Is it a good platformer? Sadly there isn't many platformers to the Lynx, I wonder that it is a decent one or just absolutely average. And as it is basically a demo, what you think, how long the gameplay is? I mean can you success all the levels like 5 minutes or it is a longer game nevertheless being a demo? Thanks in advance!

Hi busterm! I just would like to ask you that what do you think about the Hot Dog. Is it a good platformer? Sadly there isn't many platformers to the Lynx,

Actually there are MANY platformers for the Lynx... Batman Returns, Toki, Kung Food, etc etc... it seemed to me that the Lynx was almost designed around the platformer in mind.

About Hotdog... I received my copy tonight and find it to be a tough and fun game.

I'm kinda stoked about it because basically the game is just a few pixels away from being Bubsy. The similarities...

1) You land on enemies to knock them out and get points.

2) One hit knocks you out.

3) Character has that "games with personality" look to him.

4) Character will stamp feet when you make him wait.

5) Character rides items in the game much like in Bubsy.

But then Bubsy borrows a lot from other games, but to me it is Bubsy-like enough to consider a Lynx Bubsy.

Some would say it is more like Zool. Definately like the original Zool on the SNES. However, you don't shoot anything, so being that you have to land on opponents.. more like Bubsy.

Read posts of those who received their games is a torture !

I just can not wait for my package!

Why I live so far away from USA ?!!

Think of how I feel! Someone in Michigan got their games... yet I have to wait until Sat. :(

I have a feeling it may come today though.

I just can't wait! :)

Got mine yesterday. Hadn't had a chance to play it yet. There is a box in the basement with a power supply, and another with a lynx... must go huntin'

AX

Amazing to me how people have their Lynx stuff scattered. Not so amazing to me the Lynx's were not being played since mine had not in a few months.

Got mine yesterday. Hadn't had a chance to play it yet. There is a box in the basement with a power supply, and another with a lynx... must go huntin'

AX

Amazing to me how people have their Lynx stuff scattered. Not so amazing to me the Lynx's were not being played since mine had not in a few months.

Yeah, it didn't used to be. Before the flood it was in my dresser drawer next to my bed. Now I don't have a dresser ;) it'll be back in action very soon. There are so many games I hadn't played yet in the past year it's sick!

AX

Hi busterm! I just would like to ask you that what do you think about the Hot Dog. Is it a good platformer? Sadly there isn't many platformers to the Lynx, I wonder that it is a decent one or just absolutely average. And as it is basically a demo, what you think, how long the gameplay is? I mean can you success all the levels like 5 minutes or it is a longer game nevertheless being a demo? Thanks in advance!

I must say Hotdog is actually a fun game. The first level is a bit difficult as one hit kills and its sometimes hard to see the cheese balls that drop against the back ground. But careful timing and your on your way to a very enjoyable game. Its well worth the money i fyou enjoy old school platform games from that time frame.

Also received yesterday :)

It's a nice little game and it's a pleasure to play with it even it is only a demo version.

But there are cons yard thing I hate in some games as a platform is that the screen scrol up when you jump, it's like in Viking Child and I think it's horrible, we can not see or we fall and we miss the enemies because of it.

But otherwise it's really nice to have a new game for the Lynx still cheer and thank you to everyone who is involved in the release of these new game