IGNORED

Hotdog Available Now - New Platformer / Mascot Game

Willard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

we have been very busy lately, as people who have waited on other stuff know, there are inevitably going to be delays in the Atari community.

If you want to know for sure that your order is going to be shipped immediately after you pay (because of time sensitivity .etc), we strongly encourage you to contact us first.

Anyway, as of yesterday all Hotdog only orders have been shipped. We have alot more free time now and can start handling orders much quicker in the near future too

Edited by Willard

we have been very busy lately, as people who have waited on other stuff know, there are inevitably going to be delays in the Atari community.

If you want to know for sure that your order is going to be shipped immediately after you pay (because of time sensitivity .etc), we strongly encourage you to contact us first.

Anyway, as of yesterday all Hotdog only orders have been shipped. We have alot more free time now and can start handling orders much quicker in the near future too

At last Hotdog is here ;)

Thanks!

• 5 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Beta Phase Games is happy to announce the release of Hotdog for the Lynx!

Hotdog was being developed by Lore Design from 1993 to 1995 and was eventually cancelled when Atari began to lose interest in the Lynx. The version being made available is a fully playable 8 level demo that was sent to Purple Hampton for evaluation. Hotdog features:

+5 distinct worlds (cheese, aqua, ice, palm, factory), each with their own unique enemies and hazards.

+8 complete levels, plus a boss encounter

+Many alternate routes, hidden areas and a secret level to explore!

+A variety of collectable items and power-ups

+Impressive graphics with vibrant colors and multiple layers of scrolling

The first batch of 75 copies is being produced on custom blue PLCC boards. More information can be found at betaphasegames.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS:

Hotdog costs $35 + S&H. S&H is $4 in the USA and $5 worldwide.

For a combined shipping total please visit betaphasegames.com and refer to the "Order Details" grid on the official game page.

You may either paypal segatari@yahoo.com directly,

-or- you may first email TeamJaguarOrders@yahoo.com if you would like order confirmation first

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE CREDITS:

Paul Johnson- Art, design, level scripting and permission to distribute

Steve Mitchell- High level macro code, permission to distribute

Tim Harper- Music and Sound FX

Willard- Released by, packaging and printing

Buddybuddies- Released by

Lynxman- PCB Design and Soldering

Sage- Beta Phase Games Logo Replacement

Special thanks to Thunderbird for coordinating extra soldering in case there is additional demand

*Distributed by Beta Phase Games LLC Under Exclusive Worldwide License

New youtube videos and screenshots can be found below!

"LYNX RULES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P65q9CndTkc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJD61Egqz0Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs4XeOclmG8

Could you please do another release of this game?

I missed this when you guys did your run years ago.

I have been trying to find this game for a long time and I havnt had any luck.

From what I have heard and seen of "HotDog" , it has very high reviews, and I am pretty sure if you did another run at this title, you would have great success. This is an excellent game and deserves another run.

Please consider making Hot Dog for the Atari LYNX available again. I certainly would gladly purchase a cart or 2.

Thanks.

P.s, I would love to see Relief Pitcher released again also.

I checked your site and it says it is under construction.

Beta Phase Games

http://betaphasegames.com/x.html

Please announce on Lynx Forum is you get the site back in operation.

Thanks. ✌

Edited by Stun Runner 87
  • Like 1

OMG I didn't realized immediately that the beginning of your message was just a long quote, so I thought hotdog was re-released and I was going to paypal to order it ^^

????? Sorry for the confusion.

I really want Relief Pitcher and Hotdog Lynx carts very much.

I bumped this old post to get the attention Willard from Beta Phase Games website to talk him into releasing carts of "HotDog" and "Relief Pitcher" again because I missed the first run back in 2011.

I think Everyone in this forum who missed this when these awsome titles were released 6 years ago should reply to this post to persuade them into releasing these awsome prototypes again.

Perhaps if enough people show interest here, it could boost the chances of releasing these again.

Definitely worthy of another run.

I know I would purchase immediately. I unsuccessfully been trying to get a cart of these 2 games for years........I havnt had any luck finding Hotdog or Relief Pitcher. Last time I saw them was on ebay a few years ago and the price was insane. The seller on ebay wanted like 200 dollars and up. I havnt seen them on ebay or anywhere else since.

I did however see someone was selling Hotdog in the atariage marketplace last year for a much more reasonable price than the ebay seller, but i was too late responding and missed out. ?

Edited by Stun Runner 87
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the confusion.

I really want Relief Pitcher and Hotdog Lynx carts very much.

I bumped this old post to get the attention Willard from Beta Phase Games website to talk him into releasing carts of "HotDog" and "Relief Pitcher" again because I missed the first run back in 2011.

I think Everyone in this forum who missed this when these awsome titles were released 6 years ago should reply to this post to persuade them into releasing these awsome prototypes again.

Perhaps if enough people show interest here, it could boost the chances of releasing these again.

Definitely worthy of another run.

I know I would purchase immediately. I unsuccessfully been trying to get a cart of these 2 games for years........I havnt had any luck finding Hotdog or Relief Pitcher. Last time I saw them was on ebay a few years ago and the price was insane. The seller on ebay wanted like 200 dollars and up. I havnt seen them on ebay or anywhere else since.

I did however see someone was selling Hotdog in the atariage marketplace last year for a much more reasonable price than the ebay seller, but i was too late responding and missed out.

Bumping this one too.

I am still interested in having this game, I am sure there are still a lot others too.

How about a production re-run of this game?

Bumping this one too.

I am still interested in having this game, I am sure there are still a lot others too.

How about a production re-run of this game?

I'd like to see a rereleased production run, even though I finally bought one from someone else months ago.

Beta Phase took way too long, lol....

I'd like to see a rereleased production run, even though I finally bought one from someone else months ago.

Beta Phase took way too long, lol....

Hope you are enjoying your purchase. ;)

I just wanted to thank Beta Phase for the initial release of this game. There are some great games for the Lynx of the platform variety, but one that was so Bubsy like was a lot of fun to play. Thank you ... thank you. :D