IGNORED

XM Status Page...

Curt Vendel

Things are moving along, PCB's with the new CPLD footprint should be here shortly, will build 2 out for testing to ship out to Sweden to Pontus to complete my CPLD design work.

Box should be arriving shortly, gonna have some fun and put like 50 together, stack them all up and take a photo - now THAT will be a sight to see, brand new Atari-like product in mass :-)

Other GREAT news, this isn't just for XM owners:

I have a firm making brandy spanking new SIO connectors, yup, thats right so I'm making 1,000 so that'll be enough for the XM's and then will put them up for sale for those who need them for projects and such.

But wait there's more!!! The new 7800 Cartridge guides are being made, I have enough to handle the first 150 orders right now, but I have the new ones coming in soon too!

Next on the agenda after the XM's are done, was thinking about the new run of cartridge cases and wanted to get people's opinions, going to open a new thread and ask what people think...

Curt

• Like 10

Things are moving along, PCB's with the new CPLD footprint should be here shortly, will build 2 out for testing to ship out to Sweden to Pontus to complete my CPLD design work.

Box should be arriving shortly, gonna have some fun and put like 50 together, stack them all up and take a photo - now THAT will be a sight to see, brand new Atari-like product in mass :-)

Other GREAT news, this isn't just for XM owners:

I have a firm making brandy spanking new SIO connectors, yup, thats right so I'm making 1,000 so that'll be enough for the XM's and then will put them up for sale for those who need them for projects and such.

But wait there's more!!! The new 7800 Cartridge guides are being made, I have enough to handle the first 150 orders right now, but I have the new ones coming in soon too!

Next on the agenda after the XM's are done, was thinking about the new run of cartridge cases and wanted to get people's opinions, going to open a new thread and ask what people think...

Curt

Awesome news - thanks for the update. I'll definitely be grabbing a shitload™ of SIO connectors from you.

That's awesome... Now only if the AMY chip could be sourced... :)

it is stand alone, there are ports for SIO and a keyboard, but until someone develops some software they can't be used.

I believe the keyboard connection is for an Atari XEGS keyboard.

That's my take on it anyway, please correct me if I am wrong

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to have this thing in play for the Spring Retro Video Gaming Party I host...

Are you inviting Curt? :P

Come to think of it, it's been a while since i've had a retro video game party ...

I'd invite him but it's in Minnesota... he may not be interested in flying out here for a one day gig.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi....

This post personally goes to the a-hole who emailed me a few minutes ago calling me a liar and a crook, that I'm taking people's money and I'm not planning on producing anything and his main argument was "all you've shown are a few photo's of a piece of plastic, you don't even have any metal work or anything else done, you are a liar and have stolen people's money"

No metal work huh? Nothing else huh? The plastics alone were horrendously expensive and btw - keep an eye out for a post by Golden Ax, he bought 25 sets of plastics for a special silver edition he's working on, so I can assure my cynic, there are a LOT more then just ONE piece of plastic!

Here are photo's btw of the nameplates which I spent an ENORMOUS amount of time on, had to have redone by a 2nd company because the 1st one, well, f-ed up majorly. I've eaten all of the extra expenses on everything, this was supposed to be a break even project, but has turned into a costing me project, but I don't care because hopefully this will open the door for bigger and better stuff in the near future, so without further ado...

post-23-0-98862200-1301094295_thumb.jpg

post-23-0-09105300-1301094301_thumb.jpg

post-23-0-64480200-1301094305_thumb.jpg

Curt

• Like 11

Hi....

This post personally goes to the a-hole who emailed me a few minutes ago calling me a liar and a crook, that I'm taking people's money and I'm not planning on producing anything and his main argument was "all you've shown are a few photo's of a piece of plastic, you don't even have any metal work or anything else done, you are a liar and have stolen people's money"

No metal work huh? Nothing else huh? The plastics alone were horrendously expensive and btw - keep an eye out for a post by Golden Ax, he bought 25 sets of plastics for a special silver edition he's working on, so I can assure my cynic, there are a LOT more then just ONE piece of plastic!

Here are photo's btw of the nameplates which I spent an ENORMOUS amount of time on, had to have redone by a 2nd company because the 1st one, well, f-ed up majorly. I've eaten all of the extra expenses on everything, this was supposed to be a break even project, but has turned into a costing me project, but I don't care because hopefully this will open the door for bigger and better stuff in the near future, so without further ado...

Curt

Oh, I can't wait until we get this. You are awesome for bringing this to life for us!

As for the punk-ass who accused you of being a thief... make sure that you DON'T sell him/her one. Anyone with that attitude deserves to not benefit from your hard work!

• Like 4